How much ammo do you carry in your vehicle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamrights

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    When I traveled I carried a 9 mm with 3 15 round mags and a spare box. I had my AK and 4 30 rounders. I also kept a Rossie youth model 410/22 with a 25 round box of 6 shot and a brick of 22 along with my BOB. And that was to get me home just in case.

warangelcometh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Sep 6, 2009
    NWI
    Normal everyday travel :
    Carry gun - Glock 32 with 2 full clips

Get home bag (in trunk )- Sig P239 with 3 clips

Total ammo at disposal : 48 rounds

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down
    Excluding the range bag that is usually in the trunk, I have a smaller concealed bag inside the car with 2 extra mags, 2 boxes of self defense ammo (20 rounds each .45) , and 1 box of FMJ plinking ammo.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    I drive a truck regionally. When I was OTR I would carry a few hundred rounds plus whatever I picked up at various places along the way. Now, I carry about 20-30 rounds in my pack plus the 5 in the cylinder. My thought is that it is for defense, what am I going to defend myself against? With what frequency do I expect attacks? How long could it take me to get home on foot? Injured?.......

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    At least 500 for every firearm I own. It takes a bit of time loading all my guns and a bunch of ammo up each day but I never feel under gunned. I can easily handle some long range threats with the 8mm or .308. The .308 and 7.62x39 share duty as medium range. The 7.62x39, 12g, 20g, .357 lever action, .22 bolt action, and about 8 handguns share the duty of short range...and yes, I carry them all every time I exit my truck. I'm not going to be out there playing around. I'm going to protect myself no matter what, I don't care about the weight of the guns or packing the ammo on my person every single time I get out of the truck (even if it is a quick trip into a gas station for some gas station hot dogs and a 400oz Mountain Dew).

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You can't have too much ammo unless you're trying to swim.

If you can't swim while packing several thousand rounds (not that sissy .22 junk either) you really need to hit the gym. How will you ever survive if you can't swim at least a mile packing multiple long guns, multiple handguns, and enough ammo for each for survival and firefights?

dhnorris

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    hidden in a wall of mud
    none, my rights have been taken away by a global multinational corporation bent on global dominance with public and private police forces dependent upon their corporate largess. I work at the 2nd and 16th letter of the alphabet.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    If you can't swim while packing several thousand rounds (not that sissy .22 junk either) you really need to hit the gym. How will you ever survive if you can't swim at least a mile packing multiple long guns, multiple handguns, and enough ammo for each for survival and firefights?

Actually, hitting the gym would make it worse. The more muscle and less fat you have, the less buoyant you are.

Top Bottom