HOW MANY PEOPLE THINK THERE ARE PEOPLE GETTING GUN PERMITS WHO DONT EVEN NEED THEM

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    i have seen a lot of people who are getting gun permits who don't even have firearm knowledge.don't even practice with a gun to be able to hit anything.they think it's the cool thing to do.like hey look at me i got a gun permit.now i can shoot somebody and get away with it.just looking for your :twocents:

Some are getting INGO memberships who don't need them, as they know it all.

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    wow

didn't mean to ruffle your feathers here guys. my experience with some people.they shouldn't have them because of there maturity level.i appologize if you guys don't know people like that.i wasn't talking about anyone in particular just people i know.

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    didn't mean to ruffle your feathers here guys. my experience with some people.they shouldn't have them because of there maturity level.i appologize if you guys don't know people like that.i wasn't talking about anyone in particular just people i know.

Aw, don't worry bout it. We LOVE to get our feathers ruffled. ;)

I can see some immature punks having the attitude you speak of. They are the ones we would especially like to educate. :ingo:

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008

How many of those people drive? You do realize that there are between one to two orders of magnitude more accidental deaths caused by misuse of motor vehicles than there are caused by misuse of firearms don't you? You are far more at risk from "stupid person with a car" than you are from "stupid person with a gun."

Also, note that Indiana does not have a training requirement, nor any requirement except a reasonably clean police record, for obtaining a carry license, and yet, somehow, we manage to not have a significantly* higher accident rate than states which do have a training/testing requirement.

Finally, you are making exactly the argument that the gun grabbers make. A group of "those people" are defined as ones who shouldn't carry (or own) firearms and then the group of "those people" gets larger and larger with fewer other than Nomenklatura being outside that group. Remember that while there are people you think shouldn't have/carry guns you are in somebody else's similar group. If you can justify denying those in your group, don't be surprised when you find the folk whose group includes you justifying denying you.

"We must all hang together or we will surely all hang separately." Benjamin Franklin.

* "Significantly" in this case means statistical significance, in that there are differences in accident rates that have nothing to do with whether there is a training requirement or not which are large enough that it's impossible to detect any difference that might be there from training/testing requirements.

dburkhead

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    these are the same people who are giving us the bad wrap.sorry guys if the subject pissed you off

You are mistaking disagreement for anger. That I disagree with you and argue a position counter to yours does not mean I am "pissed off."

And the people who are giving us a "bad rap" are not the folk owning guns, getting licenses, and what not. It's the people who use too broad a brush to paint all gun owners with the actions of a few.

Are all folk who drink alcohol (even, say, in communion), given a "bad rap" when someone gets drunk and plows through a schoolyard with a VW microbus? How about all people who drive?

Remember to keep the responsibility where it belongs. This is twofold: the responsibility for crimes commited using guns and accidents using guns lies with the people who actually do them, and the responsibility for the "bad rap" lies with the people spreading the propaganda.

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    no worry

these are the same people who are giving us the bad wrap.sorry guys if the subject pissed you off
    nope no pee pee on my feet i have met a few people who act totally different since they got their pink slip.like they are the powers to be or something.just giving the rest who do it right and follow the rules a bad name:cheers:

mickar15

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 7, 2008
    Brownsburg
    When I was discharged from the Army, I applied for a permit before I bought a handgun. Then, (1978), there was a five day wait if you did not have that pink piece of paper.

It was my right then, and it's still my right. It is everyone who is a mentally competent citizen's right.

If a lot folks that you hang around with are saying things like:
    like hey look at me i got a gun permit.now i can shoot somebody and get away with it.
    then you hang around the wrong type of folks.

I'm just saying.:dunno:

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    <- Capslock key is on that side of the keyboard, I think you forgot to turn it off before starting your post title :P

Given that an LTCH is required to be allowed to practice in the first place, since you aren't permitted to transport your gun to the range without it, it's not much of a surprise to me. It's likely some of those people that are applying are in fact intending to get their first gun and practice with it, they just haven't done so yet because there's not much you can do with it until your LTCH shows up.

I'm in that situation now - I don't have my LTCH yet, and haven't purchased a gun yet, since I can't go to the range to practice until it shows up, and it seems useless to have it without being able to practice. Although my (lack of) patience and love of shiny things is enough that I'll probably go ahead and get one before the LTCH shows up, if only to make sure I've got it ready to go as soon as I'm allowed to take it out :)
    Just a side note. You do not need a LTCH to transport your weapon. Just to carry it on your person in public/ off your property.
    Bob

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Indiana is a shall issue state. As long as you don't have a past history that bars you from owning a gun, you can have one. I look at it as a right. That said, you are an idiot if you don't practice and proficient with your weapon of choice.

Amen! Being that Indiana is a Shall Issue state, there is nothing wrong with folks getting their permits. I think that they are simply thinking ahead, that perhaps there will come a time in the future that they stop issuing "Permits", and that if they don't act on that premise, that they will be SOL. So, even if they never use the permit for what it is intended, that is still ok, because enrollment numbers don't lie - the more citizens that hold permits, the more constituents there are to worry about as a voting group......:twocents:

Buckaroo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    NWI
    i have seen a lot of people who are getting gun permits who don't even have firearm knowledge.don't even practice with a gun to be able to hit anything.they think it's the cool thing to do.like hey look at me i got a gun permit.now i can shoot somebody and get away with it.just looking for your :twocents:

I have not read the thread but I will tell you that Everyone needs to have a LTCH in part due to Indianan laws and otherwise due to the fact that everyone should be concerned with their own personal safety.

Buckaroo (who will now read the thread)

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

i got the biggest guns i could i find (SS pt99 and SS SA 1911 and open carry to compensate for my lack of sexual prowess. next i'm thinking a raging bull or DE.:laugh::laugh:

there, happy?

Top Bottom