HOW MANY PEOPLE THINK THERE ARE PEOPLE GETTING GUN PERMITS WHO DONT EVEN NEED THEM

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beebadd

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    CLARKSVILLE
    We are all paying the same,this means more money to the state,I feel very lucky to live in a state where is have the ability to get the permits,alot of other states don't give the option to have or not have a permit

Winchest55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    ANDERSON
    I really don't think it is a big deal if everyone is getting permits and don't need them. I know a few people myself that applied for theirs and do not own a gun yet and may not ever. Kind of the same thing with the ammo. I have some friends who would normally buy about 2 boxes of ammo a month now they are buying 20-30 boxes a month.

oldfb

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Valpo
    didn't mean to ruffle your feathers here guys. my experience with some people.they shouldn't have them because of there maturity level.i appologize if you guys don't know people like that.i wasn't talking about anyone in particular just people i know.

I have a few butthead friends that thought I didn't have their level of maturity either. Guess what I never "killed some one" because I had a gun or permit. Actually having a carry gun makes me overthink and not run into a room being a BLOWHARD WINDBAG!
    I tend to be much more level headed and not judge nimrods by the first thing I hear them say.

The problem with people and rights is most of the time they put more energy into controlling which other people have the option to exercise rights. Just the way the OP does. Mind your life I will mind mine and if you really care take some time and try to teach when the opportunity is right. Not when it is right for you. But when it will be best for the less educated or mature as you put it.
    Case in point I am trying to teach the OP how not to step in doo doo on a very pro RTKBA forum and all he will probably hear is.... blahblahwahwahmuahblahidiotblah blah ....
    A right is a right unless it isn't a right. Back in the old west the thugs were out of control according to the soft handed robber barons so the towns paid bigger meaner thugs to disarm everyone when they entered town. This allowed these city slicker bankers to rob mom and paw through banks and loans, railroads and price fixing or gouging. The last century has been filled with everyday folk being robbed by a pen instead of a gun.
    Personally I feel arm everyone and we will become a much more polite society. Sure the occasional bad seed will commit crimes but there will be 50 people armed to put a stop to it pdq.
    In a movie everyone laughs when a badguy sticks up a bar filled with cops because it is truly a bad day for the badguy. It would only take a few times of it happening and it would sink in that robbing isn't smart.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I advise any person with a handgun to get the license.

Our state laws make it impossible for anyone with a handgun to go to the range and practice unless they have a license.

So yes, they NEED the license, because they state will make them a criminal if they don't have it.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    LOL Man, I read the headline for this one and KNEW that'd bring you guys out! Five pages so far!! Woo hoo! That said, I do have to agree with a couple of the posts,, ONE, I do agree that I'd like to see everyone who's not mentally challenged or a nutjob to at least have the potential to defend themselves, TWO, I do agree that it's our RIGHT, not a privilege, and we should think of it as such.
    :twocents:

hodgej1843

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    SOUTH SIDE INDY
    wow

o.k i guess i really didnt know it would go this far i was just saying there are a lot of very immature people out there who are getting there LTCH.i am the first to tell you that i am an AMERICAN WHO BELIEVES STRONGLY IN HIS RIGHTS.I GUESS EVERYONE JUST TOOK IT THE WRONG WAY,SORRY:ingo:

Andy219

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2009
    Cedar Lake, IN
    didn't mean to ruffle your feathers here guys. my experience with some people.they shouldn't have them because of there maturity level.i appologize if you guys don't know people like that.i wasn't talking about anyone in particular just people i know.

I can not tell wou who said this, but it has always stuck with me. A person can be trusted for a person is smart. A group of people cannot for a group of people are stupid. But as for limiting the issuance of the LTCH the restrictions that are imposed are the only restrictions that should be imposed. If their maturity level proves to be that of a 1st grader and they unlawfully use their weapon they should go to jail and loose that right. Not be refused that right just because of what they look like or how they act.

I hope that made sense. I have a cousin who is pretty conservative except he doesn't believe in guns. Because of the simple reason that some people are not mature enough. We got to talking one day about it and i said well if you go and buy some eggs, and when you get home and find that one is broken. Do you trow out the whole carton or just the broken egg? His response was "I check the eggs before I buy them!". I wasn't expecting that answer, so after a couple of seconds I said well the state checks out the carton too, and when all the good eggs get a permit and all the bad ones don't. The ones that break in transit get thrown out, and the ones that don't get to keep that permit. (let me point out we were at a bar and both a little...lets just say we were there for a long time).

I'm gonna stop here. I have a bad habit of rambling on and on.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I didn't "need" that last cookie I had either. But I had it...because I COULD.

My wife doesnt need her permit as we are together 99 percent of the time. But I have encouraged her to get 1 for the 1 percent we are not together.
    Ditto...in reverse for the hubster.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Actually join a range and then

regularly enrolled members of any organization duly authorized to purchase or receive such weapons from the United States or from this state who are at or are going to or from their place of assembly or target practice;

You still won't be able to take your handgun to the range you are now a member of.

The key words above are "duly authorized to purchase or receive such weapons from the United States or from this state".

When you buy a gun you are not buying it from "the United States" or "this state". You are buying it from a private business (i.e. the gun shop). Its the same reason that calling them "buybacks" irritate me so much, the government never owned them in the first place.

I don't have any examples of who a "regularly enrolled member" of one of these "organizations" is but I know it isn't the generic guy who joins a generic range.

POTI

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Last I checked Pop guns was "duly authorized to purchase or receive such weapons from the United States or from this state".

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    i think you should have some sort of gun experience before you recieve your permit

Now you are really stepping it. Who decides what is sufficient to qualify as "some"?
    That opens a whole can of worms.
    canoworms.gif

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    i think you should have some sort of gun experience before you recieve your permit
    Why? Years ago when I lived in VA I had to take a class in order to recieve my permit. Talk about a B.S. waste of time and money. Listen to a guy ramble on for 4 or 5 hours and shoot 10 rounds at a paper target from 15 feet.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Last I checked Pop guns was "duly authorized to purchase or receive such weapons from the United States or from this state".

Unless I'm wrong (& I don't think I am) you're confusing 'duly authorized to purchase from the US...' with 'duly authorized to purchase by the US...'.

One is actually buying guns owned by the US or state from them & the other is being given permission to buy guns from other private businesses or individuals by the US or state.

If you have any proof to the contrary please share it with me. If you do then there is no reason to have a target LTCH.

Top Bottom