How many of you EDC with an extra mag.??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    DSC02520.jpg

There is my daily load out. G30 with spare g21 mag.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    ...I am aware that "the statistics" lean towards needing less then six rounds rounds...

On that same note...

The statistics lean against you even needing a firearm or paying attention to your surroundings.

I can't think of a good reason to only be partially prepared. If you're going to carry a full size hand gun, why wouldn't you carry the appropriate supporting hardware?

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    DSC02520.jpg

There is my daily load out. G30 with spare g21 mag.

That's pretty similar to my load out when I carry my G30. Just different holsters. Although if I'm going to a bad area I'll throw on my fobus 2 mag holder with 2 10 rd mags. I always have at least 2 spare mags in the car for it, one model 21 mag and one g30 mag.

But lately I've been carrying my springfield 1911GI. 7+1 in the gun, with 2 spare 8 rd mags in a mag carrier on my side. And at least 2 more spare 7 rd mags in the car, sometimes 4.

Yeah I know, what if you can't get back to your car for them. Well I'd hope that any situation I'm in I don't need more than the 23 or 24 rds of 45 to get out of it. If I do it should a least be enough to be able to get back to my car. Plus I keep them there for if SHTF. So no matter what 45 I have on me, even after the mags for that gun are empty. I have more 45 ammo in diff mags handy to reload with. I'd rather have more than enough, than not have enough.

walt o

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    Hammond
    carry mags

I usually carry 1 extra mag .in an off side carrier on my belt.Not for extra ammo but for the possibility of a malfunction , drop the mag out of the weapon new mag .in and rack the slide,your back in business

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    Always carry two spare mags on the belt opposite my carry side. I'll have plenty ammo if needed, 39+1. Plus it helps balance out the weight of my pistol on the belt.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    I always carry at least one extra mag. I would hate to need something and not have it.

This is my stance, but again everyone draws the line somewhere like I don't carry a rifle and shotgun and four handguns for a trip to town. So if we decide what we are going to carry and then use the axiom "two is one and one is none" I believe it prudent to carry extra ammo. However what concerns me more is those who change what they are carrying all the time based on "perceived" threat level. From a training and "what you will actually do" in a stressful situation approach doing the SAME THING, ALL THE TIME builds your level of preparedness, IMHO.

As most would agree, if you were EXPECTING trouble you wouldn't choose a handgun to start with.

Srtsi4wd

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I carry at least 1 xtra mag at all times. I look at it this way. I'm concerned that I don't have enough ammo in my house much less on my person. I don't expect to get in a gunfight when I leave the house, but God forbid I do I want to have ammo left at the end of it. That beats needing just 1 more round anyday for me.:yesway:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Depends on what I am carrying. If I am carrying my 1911, which is the norm, I do. But, lately, I have been carrying my girlfriend's Beretta PX4 Storm SubCompact. That's a nice little gun and for instance, I wore a suit yesterday, so I carried the Beretta. Less Profile printing. It just depends on your magazine capacity I suppose.

Al B

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2009
    EM78 South IN
    An extra magazine? FLYING MODELS or QST are both good ones.
    I would have to carry 5 speedloaders to keep up with you thugs and your high capacity gangstoppers. Where do some of you guys live, South Central?:D
    I do keep speedloaders "handy" at all times.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I don't carry an extra mag ...

Most times i carry an extra gun ...lol

I normally carry my S&W 442 in an IWB holster strong side .
    and my LCP in a nemisis pocket holster other side ..:patriot:

Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Salem
    " I really feel that if I'm in a situation where I need more than 10 rounds I'm in way too deep anyway" -

Thats how I feel. I carry a P11 with a ten rounder, If I need more than 11 rounds of 9mm, Then I need to just bug out of there....

csm47362

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.8%
    23   1   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    New Castle, IN
    This is a very good question. I just switched CCW 2 weaks ago. I went from a G19 with 15+1 to a Kahr CW9 with 7+1 count. I was thinking of adding an extra mag. But then to be honest I sometimes carred a Colt Detective SPl with only 6 and I never gave it a second thought. Sure makes you think......

Comp

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 2, 2009
    T H I N
    I carry a LCP as my everyday carry now. I have a black hawk pocket holster. With a 380 I feel very underpowered. So, I modded the pocket holster to hold an extra mag. Just cut open the flap at the end and sew it back up. It is always nice because it prints close to a wallet. Popped my post cherry, yay

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    41   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    When carrying the Bersa .380, the spare mag is a must have.

The XD9 goes out the door with a single mag, however. Surely 16+1 will do the job?

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Beretta m9a1, 2 spares. But, that is my duty gun, so I just carry that loadout all the time. Tucker gunleather dual mag holder and hf1 holster. I tried carrying just one spare, but two helps even out the weight.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom