How many of you EDC with an extra mag.??

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I carry a 1911 in a IWB Sparks VersaMaxII at 4-4:30 on my right hip and a IWB Sparks double mag holder opposite on my left hip and they balance out well. They are on me 24/7 except when I'm in the shower or in bed, then it's in a drawer. I also keep spare mags in my vehicle.
    Paranoid, no. But, in all relevancy, extra mags are cheap insurance, as needing one and not having it would be a horrible corner to be in if the need aver reared its ugly head.

Stay safe and safe shooting!

Woo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 9, 2009
    New Castle
    This is what I really like about this website!! I got a lot of good answers to my question!! Thanks to all and keep your reasons and answers coming.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I do not carry spare mags. It would be silly, since they wouldn't work in my gun :D

When I am carrying a semi-auto, I always carry at least one spare mag regardless of capacity, sometimes two. As has been pointed out, mags fail, in fact mag failure is the most common cause of a semi-auto malfunction.

I usually carry a speedloader and two speedstrips on my belt, and two more speedloaders in my pocket, for a total of 30 rounds, including what's in the gun. That's way more than I figure I'd survive needing, so I've satisfied my "Murphy's Law" requirements. If I'm all dressed up for some reason and don't want my pockets lumpy, I'll just carry two speedstrips in a pocket.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom