How many LTCH holders have had to USE their firearm in defense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Just wondering, cause i read alot of members here say that they have the LTCH to protect themselves & others.
    If so explain (if you dont mind) your situation

I personally didnt get my LTCH for protection, I got it because i want to be able to carry any of my firearms with me when i please, legally.

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    I have not used mine, but I got mine because of several crimes against me.

I have been robbed and assaulted as part of a gang initiation and had I had my ltch i strongly feel I could have prevented the situation and everything that resulted because of it. I had enough time to run, but running meant nothing being chased by several people who were able to corner me.

I also use my ltc to carry my firearms wherever i please, but I also have it just in case something unexpected happens again.

Believe me, you don't want my experience. I wish I didn't have those memories, and I hope everyone uses their right to bare and carry arms as a reason not to as well.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    I got mine for personal protection. That said, I haven't, and hope never, to have to use my firearm thusly. I really like that I can carry whatever I want, wherever I want, (within the rules), and I'm sort of peeved that it's against the law here to be able to carry your firearms to and from the range, or whatever, without a permit, but I'll obey the law.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    That site seems like lopsided reporting to me. We only get the initial action and not any end legal result.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    In 6 years of carrying, the only time I've ever cleared leather was on a pissed-off dog while I was taking a walk. I hope it stays this way! FYI, I didn't have to shoot the dog. Just thought I might.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    The only thing I've drawn on was a bear that scared the :poop: out of me while on vacationing with friends in TN. I never imagined a creature so large could sneak up on us as quietly as it did.

With two legged critters, I've felt, then thought, about drawing in two separate situations but it did not come to that both times and I thank God for that. I posted one of those experiences on INGO.

Here's to hoping I never have to use it and hoping I am prepared enough if I do!

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I notice that most that have had to defend themselves seem to be closer to indy. That would suck to have to worry about being mugged, armed or not.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    The only thing I've drawn on was a bear that scared the :poop: out of me while on vacationing with friends in TN. I never imagined a creature so large could sneak up on us as quietly as it did.

With two legged critters, I've felt, then thought, about drawing in two separate situations but it did not come to that both times and I thank God for that. I posted one of those experiences on INGO.

Here's to hoping I never have to use it and hoping I am prepared enough if I do!

Sir, if you dont mind me asking, what part of TN were you in. My wife & I seen several black bears in Sevier Co (Gatlenburg) , they were closer than i liked ..... :draw:

Jstier

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    SW Fort Wayne
    Never have had too. I hope I never have too either. But Its just like our Insurance. Hope I never use it but glad I have it if I ever would need it.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Sir, if you dont mind me asking, what part of TN were you in. My wife & I seen several black bears in Sevier Co (Gatlenburg) , they were closer than i liked ..... :draw:

I don't mind at all. We were in Gatlinburg. I cannot remember the name of the very large hotel but it is in a secluded area, but pretty large off of one of the highways (135?). We were outside drinking beers and playing board games. My back was to the open area, my wife and my buddy's wife were opposite from me and my buddy Dave was facing the open area. He noticed it first... it was maybe 10 feet away from us. A bear can cover 10 feet in a lot of time. I stood up fast and almost knocked the table over, and told everyone to get inside. Dave went in, his wife followed and my wife (God bless her) was trying to pick up the beer bottles and food wrappers. I grabbed her by the arm and asked her what she was doing and told her to get inside again and I went to low ready and followed her into the apartment. I don't care how exposed or 'friendly' these bears are, they are still wild animals. Once inside, I reholstered and we went to the opposite side of the cabin. A few minutes later, we heard voices outside our cabin, Dave and I looked out and it was a group of people following the bear!

I think it was the next day but someone on the hotel staff asked me if I was the one who high-tailed it back to the room? I said of course. They were polite but I could tell they were thinking something along the lines of a damn yankee running away from a friendly bear. The way I see it? How often do you hear of a 'friendly' animal mauling someone on the news? Every time there is a bear attack or other wild animal and it attacks a human, they interview others and they all say "but he was so nice all the other times!"

I ain't bein' that guy who gets mauled that one percent of the time. :D

Top Bottom