How many INGO members have drawn their weapon in a civilian hostile situation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many INGO members have drawn their weapon in a civilian hostile situation?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    11 rounds to the face....... seems pretty premeditated..... tlandon you sure do talk tough.
    You sound like a menace to society to me. Sounds like you're just itching to shoot somebody.
    You would probably **** you're pants if a real life scenario happened to you.
    and people want to hang a cop that shot a "gentle giant" 6 times saying he shot him too much......
    Good luck with that jury.

+10 as the rep NAZI's have me shut down.
    Perfect.

So, our OP being the tactical genius he is sports a .22

bauerr3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 29, 2013
    Southside
    To be perfectly honest if alone and out of the house, if at all possible I would do everything I could to run away from the threat, of cource if I have family with, running away is no longer a option. I wish to avoid shooting anyone if at all humanly possible, even if I'm 100% within my rights and not charged criminally with anything, the person I shot to stop them from trying to do horrible things to myself or my family or if he's dead his family will I'm almost 99% certain will sue me, a extremely costly consiquence of defending myself or family.

I don't think anyone wishes to shoot someone (unless you carry a .22 with 11 rounds :whistle:) and would avoid the confrontation if possible...but there is the chance that if you don't shoot because it might be extremely costly to you, the result may end up being even more costly in an entirely different way.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    The Big Sitt,
    The officer never said a word about me grabbing my pistol. Never asked if I had a LTCH, which I didn't. It had expired and being on active duty, I hadn't thought to renew it. I did go to the sheriff in the county I was living in and explain the situation and he told me not to worry about that and if it became an issue, he would take care of it with the State police superintendent.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    No and glade of it

SCJ_Glade_PlugIn_4L.jpg

Armed-in-Carmel

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2012
    No... but very close call. June 21, 2014. Downtown Indianapolis. I exited the back door of the Indiana Roof Ballroom about midnight into the 4th floor of the parking garage. My bag and keys in my left hand and my right hand on my pocket pistol (Sig P938 mini-1911). As I rounded the ramp corner to the floor below, a car with 2 guys in it was coming up the down ramp, lights off, and clearly profiling innocent victims. I stopped at the back of my car as they pulled up me about a 2 car lengths away. I stood and stared them down with my hand on my pistol. I was positioned so that I could step between 2 cars, and the car on the downstream side had backed in, giving me an engine block to dive behind. The passenger got out of the car like he was planning on doing something. With my gun still in my pocket, I raised it up and made certain he understood I was pointing it at him. He hesitated, looked in the window at his buddy, and then walked backwards down the ramp away from me, never taking his eyes off of me. Now his buddy started to understand that the hunter had become the hunted. He stared at me for awhile, then when my friends rounded the corner to get in the car, he put his car in reverse, backed down the ramp about 50 feet, got out and walked backwards away from me until he met up with his scumbag friend. Another case where the presence of a weapon prevented violence. My biggest mistake was not being aware that my friends were walking into the scene. I was so focused on watching these two scumbags I didn't even hear my friends coming. Fortunately, most of the threat has subsided by that time and scumbag #2 was just looking for a way to escape the situation. Live and learn.

Top Bottom