How many INGO members have drawn their weapon in a civilian hostile situation?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many INGO members have drawn their weapon in a civilian hostile situation?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I have and I don't much care to talk about it. But if you insist I will. There I was, pinned down behind enemy lines. My teammates were down, I was the only one left. I had managed to evade the enemy but I knew it was only a matter of time before I was caught. I was so close to their base I could smell the guardsmen's cigarette smoke. My primary weapon was out of ammo and I was down to my last magazine in for my sidearm. I only saw one guard. I thought I could take him out and capture the base, but I was wrong. IT WAS AN AMBUSH! They came from behind the trees and ripped me to shreds. I never stood a chance. So close to the flag and drenched in bright green paint. My team lost that game of paintball. :(

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I have and I don't much care to talk about it. But if you insist I will. There I was, pinned down behind enemy lines. My teammates were down, I was the only one left. I had managed to evade the enemy but I knew it was only a matter of time before I was caught. I was so close to their base I could smell the guardsmen's cigarette smoke. My primary weapon was out of ammo and I was down to my last magazine in for my sidearm. I only saw one guard. I thought I could take him out and capture the base, but I was wrong. IT WAS AN AMBUSH! They came from behind the trees and ripped me to shreds. I never stood a chance. So close to the flag and drenched in bright green paint. My team lost that game of paintball. :(

[video=youtube;FoszTSrDzvo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoszTSrDzvo[/video]

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    No....But this weekend at Schwartz's Family Restaurant while teaching the owners grandson how to make a really funny face while hunkering down to his level my wife said a family of East End Yuppies noticed the butt of my Smith Revolver come out from underneath my shirt. They pointed and whispered and gave me a wide berth as they left....

My one OC experiance and I freaked out a family having breakfast....

cook5oh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    Southern Indiana
    Well, we do have members in Gary, East Chicago and thirty whatth and what in Indianapolis.

M&P Compact 22. 11 rounds in your face in 2 seconds. Stops em every time! Cheap to practice with. We don't live in Kabul and you will never do anything with your carry gun except kill paper. I live in reality not a fictional war zone.

The internet expert hath spoken of this already!!!!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

The internet expert hath spoken of this already!!!!

11 rounds to the face....... seems pretty premeditated..... tlandon you sure do talk tough.
    You sound like a menace to society to me. Sounds like you're just itching to shoot somebody.
    You would probably **** you're pants if a real life scenario happened to you.
    and people want to hang a cop that shot a "gentle giant" 6 times saying he shot him too much......
    Good luck with that jury.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    No....But this weekend at Schwartz's Family Restaurant while teaching the owners grandson how to make a really funny face while hunkering down to his level my wife said a family of East End Yuppies noticed the butt of my Smith Revolver come out from underneath my shirt. They pointed and whispered and gave me a wide berth as they left....

My one OC experiance and I freaked out a family having breakfast....

Maybe, if they actually saw all the people that really carry, and find out it's been happening their whole life, it wouldn't be so bad.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Went to meet a friend for coffee, after a Security job. Swung in parking lot, and saw a vehicle idling in front of a locked set of doors. I radioed him to" be advised", and he said "he had secured." I called in a 911, suspicious vehicle, and entered the rear open door. My friend was in the fight for his life, male subject had him off the ground, attempting to break his holster open, and steal his 357 Mag Revolver, hence armed robbery.
    Yes, mine was drawn(Ruger P90-45acp), and as I flipped the safety, mope dropped my buddy, and went hands drawn up. No shots fired. Put him face down on the floor.

Cops had the driver out proned to the ground, vehicle stolen, no weapon found, but his accomplice had entered the same door as me. Where was the Mgr? She had ran to the Ladies room, locked door behind her. Never pushed an alarm, or 911, nada. Left my friend fighting to stay alive.

We watched the tapes from the video cams and the obvious mistake was missing that back door from being locked. Guess who threw out a trash can with office garbage? Yep, Mgr. and forgot to lock up. Almost cost my friend his life. We changed procedures after that experience.

Note: My friend was using my older Safariland class 3 retention holster for his revolver. The stitching was torn, but stayed in place, defeating the grab. Safariland replaced the holster-NC. He was about 5'4", 140#, Aggressor was 6'2", 240#. I was 5'11", 240#. I believe aggressor would have killed my friend and the Mgr if it had gone deeper.

Both had been previously incarcerated in prison. Both also had been on parole. Both went to jail.
    Therefore, you always need to be armed and ready. As a civilian, and now with the cell phones, prolly call the cavalry first, then deal with the aggressors. Can't advise any particulars, but if they force you to the ground, find your gun/badge, or separate the women***, Good Luck.

ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Posted my incident in March 2013:

Shooting incident five years ago. (long read)

Five years ago I was on active duty with the Army and my duty station was Indianapolis. It was summer time and I got off duty at 11 pm. I set around and talked with my relief for about 30 minutes and then hit 465 and took it around to I-74. As soon as I hit 74 west bound it started to rain. The farther I went the harder it rained. By the time I made it to Montgomery county it was pouring down. When I crossed over 231 I saw a car in the median facing east, running with the driver's side door open. I figured the driver had hydro planed in the heavy rain so I slowed down to assess the scene. I could not see anyone in the car even though the dome light was on. I called it in to 911. When I passed the vehicle I looked in my side mirror and saw a person staggering around on the shoulder of the west bound lane. I thought the person might have been hurt and trying to flag down help.*
    I hit the next turn around and headed back to the scene. I pulled into the edge of the median close to the vehicle and I could see the person with the street lights behind them. The guy had his arm in the air and I thought he was still trying to flag down help. Upon closer inspection, I could see the guy had a handgun in his hand. About this time a tractor-trailer passes the guy, west bound, and he dropped his arm and shot at the semi. After the semi passed, he shot another round into the pavement. He turned around and saw my truck and here he came across the median. Ahhh S++T!
    I throw the truck into reverse and hit the gas pedal. The rear wheels were just spinning in the wet grass. I reach up and hit the four wheel drive button with the tach sitting at about 5,000 RPM's. Life's expensive, transmissions are cheap, right?**The guy crossed over to my lane and now he is shooting at me. I hit my high beams and put more distance between us. I retrieve my Colt Officer's model 1911 from under the seat and my Surefire light and redial 911. The operator says, "It has been reported and the guy is trying to flag down traffic" I said, No, he is shooting at traffic! She said, "Oh!, I'll let the officers know!" I said, "Yeah, they like to know that kind of info when responding, goodbye"
    The guy had stopped shooting for the time being. I see LEO's come up the west bound ramp and block the west bound lanes. I catch something out of my passenger side mirror and realize it is another LEO. I leave the Colt on the console and step out of my door and turn toward the rear of my truck. Now I am staring down the barrel of a .40 caliber handgun (in those circumstances they look like 55 gallon drums BTW) and a LEO screaming at me to get on the ground. I calmly assure the officer that I am NOT the guy he is looking for but the guy he IS looking for is coming our way and he DOES have a gun. The LEO shines his light on me, sees my ACU's and the light bulb goes on. He invited me to take cover with him, behind my truck. I said, "Wait one" and retrieved my Colt and Surefire from the truck. We were then both behind my truck, drew down on the guy, screaming at him to get on the ground. I could see LEO's crossing the median behind the guy, one with a shotgun and I tell my new partner to watch for crossfire.*
    The guy finally proned out and a LEO jumps in the middle of his back and they slap the cuffs on him. No gun can be found. They finally found 9mm shell casings on the west bound lane and then on the east bound lane where he was shooting at me. Finally they found a Browning Hi Power style handgun, shot empty and the slide locked back, in the median. By this time all involved were soaked down to the underwear.**
    I sat in the squad car with the LEO that had drew down on me, writing a report while the LEO repeatedly apologized.

Top Bottom