• How many guns do you own

• Total voters

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Nope, not at all. I just said curious. I started out enjoying shooting and firearm discussions before I actually owned any. But to actively follow a site dedicated to them without owning I found interesting. I did not expect to see that many.

I had the same initial response you did. Then I remembered that I was on this site before I purchased my first. The amount of information on here is overwhelming, not just about "which one should I get" but over all safety storage and use. I knew I wanted a shotgun for my first and that was all I knew. It took some time reading through it all to make that first purchase as confident as it can be. Needless to say everything I needed to know can be found right here @ :ingo: and from......those cool guys on youtube.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Actually I would guess the non gunowners number is higher but some of the guys in the politics section never read anything other than politics threads. I do think it is funny that no one owns just 1 gun... kind of like a potato chip, no one can eat just one.

schapm

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    My number varies, but after the tragic boating accident yesterday I am once again down to zero. It's been as high as about 15 before though.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    OK, I sat down and audited myself recently. I know what I have, just never "counted" like that. It was 24. I have about everything I want these days, sometimes more than one, but I'm about to build a couple more rifles, an AR15 and a PSL as soon as the parts get here and I finish the receivers. Reminds me, I need to get some 7.62x54.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I know a guy at work who has more then 100, but 90 percent of them were single shot shotguns, hi points, jennings, etc.
    He's a numbers collector, he'll buy cheap guns all day long so he can say he has xxx amount.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    My number varies, but after the tragic boating accident yesterday I am once again down to zero. It's been as high as about 15 before though.

The famous accident where all the INGO menbers where on the same boat will all their guns?

I remenber that night, it's so sad we had to lost that many guns. :(

titanic-boat-sinking.jpg

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have been waiting for another one of these thread to come around. What the question really should be is how many guns constitute owning a lot of guns. The question of how many seems to get asked frequently. Usually the response is not as many as I want, just need one more or all lost in that horrible boating accident of 2011. Seems like when I answer this way the next question is if it is more then 15. Even our poll here caps at 20. I think I remember 10 at one time was proposed as an arsenal.

So I guess 10 - 20 is a lot of guns right? Good thing I don't own a lot of guns. Some belong to my wife and I buy some for the kids.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    I own no guns.

I got rid of them long ago and now rely on the government for the safeguarding of myself, my family, and my property.

Thank you for asking though.

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    I had 6.... But lost them all the first time I went fishing on a boat. Someone told me to take them with me, and of course I did and now they are all in the bottom of an undisclosed lake somewhere in the continental U.S.

-MColford

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I had 6.... But lost them all the first time I went fishing on a boat. Someone told me to take them with me, and of course I did and now they are all in the bottom of an undisclosed lake somewhere in the continental U.S.

-MColford

Mine are somewhere in the Bermuda triangle.
    Avoid this area especially if you travel with ALL your guns and ammo like I did, stupid rookie mistake. :dunno:

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I guess I don't understand the boating accident jokes. Can I get some perspective on that?

I figured the joke would be some pig ate all of them while truffle hunting, so you buy all the bacon you can hoping to find them again

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I think the ceiling on this poll should be higher.

He won't start weeding out the serious people until that poll is scaled up to 50 or more.

I guess I don't understand the boating accident jokes. Can I get some perspective on that?
    There was talk about gun bans/confiscation. So I commented that I took all my guns out on a boat in Lake Michigan and had a tragic accident. I no longer own guns. I just remember them fondly from the days before the accident. It caught on and others followed suit. Now its common to refer to tragic boating accidents when people ask how many guns you have. Why none . . . I lost them all in a boating accident.

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    By way of my father's death from prostate cancer 4 years ago I have over twenty now. It's bitter sweet. My mom still has them in her gun cabinet. I have yet to inventory, clean and oil them. He did that on a yearly basis. It's like having a Christmas present sitting and waiting to be opened. Memory fails me these days, I'm not even sure what all he had collected over the years. I know it should be driving me nuts to tackle this and I am excited for that day to come but it will be with a heavy heart.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    By way of my father's death from prostate cancer 4 years ago I have over twenty now. It's bitter sweet. My mom still has them in her gun cabinet. I have yet to inventory, clean and oil them. He did that on a yearly basis. It's like having a Christmas present sitting and waiting to be opened. Memory fails me these days, I'm not even sure what all he had collected over the years. I know it should be driving me nuts to tackle this and I am excited for that day to come but it will be with a heavy heart.

I know what you mean. I only got a couple, but they'd been neglected for some years while he was ill. They're fine now, but it took some fortitude to set them right.

Top Bottom