• How many guns do you own

• Total voters

Colts

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2011
    Roundabout Circle City
    I guess guns are like Lays potato chips, you can't have just one!

With 47 respones, all categories are well represented except zero replies for one gun.:draw::ar15::shoot::smileak::biggun:

Perhaps Bacon is the same as guns and Lays chips, probably why it is so popular on this site. :bacondance::bacondance::bacondance::bacondance:

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Way more than I need but not nearly as many as I want. I'm 79 yo next month. Should be selling off my guns instead of always looking for "that gun".

Chase515

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    Oxford, In
    A friend tonight asked how many Dracos should one man own. I replied it depends on how many sets of dinner China your wife has. As long as it's less than a 1:1 ratio you're OK. You never know when you're going to have a lot of people over you want to entertain, right?

This led me to wonder how many guns the members here own. I've heard the "why do you need more than one" comment so many times I'd like some reference points for the next conversation.

I'm at 3, but 4th is on the way thanks to UPS. (side question, it's shipping to FFL but on UPS.com I can change the destination before it arrives. Does UPS let you do that with guns or is it locked due to potential hazardous shipment?)

My wife is into scrapbooking and each album she puts together costs as much as a gun!!! Lucky me:D

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I'm curious about the 4 who don't own but follow the site. Interesting demographic breakdown

Are you saying it's a bad thing that non gun owner are menbers?
    I think it's a good thing.They are willing to learn about guns, gun laws and more before they actually become gun owner.
    That's very wise.I see many people who just buy guns and dont know anything about guns prior to that, some of them carry and dont know anything about carry laws or self defense laws.
    Also some users are under 18.
    I made a thread about user's age.I think 3 or 4 were under 18.
    I know a new menber who is 13, "Mosinowner" if im right about the name.
    I think he's a shooter but since he's parents own the guns for him he's not actually a gun owner.
    That doesn't mean he cannot post here, plus he sounds like a good kid.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    image.axd

Here is a picture of me with few of my handguns, im not really into handguns (like you can tell) that's why I just own a couple of them, I keep long guns in a larger room. :D
    I dont have a lot, I know that, I hope to buy a few more soon to finally have a decent collection.

Last edited:

Smokepole

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2011
    Southern Hamilton County
    My wife is into scrapbooking and each album she puts together costs as much as a gun!!! Lucky me:D

LMAO ! ! ! ! ! !

I am somewhere between 5 and 20. All long guns except a small frame Astra .38. The long guns range from .22 to 20 ga. to 30-30 to .50 cal. black powder flintlock. And I have a blast shooting them all. :ar15: :draw:
    And soon to add a .45 1911 to the pile.

LionWeight

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Sep 17, 2011
    Merrillville
    I didn't start out wanting to own more than 1. Just seemed to happen. Talk to people about guns enough and someone is going totalk to you and say they want to sell one. Sometimes even though you don't need or even want it, the deals just too good to pass up. Next thing you know your an AARP member and you need another safe....And another...or so I hope. ;)

Goober135

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Valparaiso
    9 here.

Super old .22 rifle handed down to me.
    Savage bolt .22
    .410 single shot
    .20ga side by side
    12ga pump
    Bersa .380
    Charter Arms .38spl
    Springfield GI 1911 .45
    Stag lefty AR15

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Are you saying it's a bad thing that non gun owner are menbers?

Nope, not at all. I just said curious. I started out enjoying shooting and firearm discussions before I actually owned any. But to actively follow a site dedicated to them without owning I found interesting. I did not expect to see that many.

Top Bottom