How many foreign countries did you visit?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How many FOREIGN countries did you visit so far?

• Total voters

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Better listen to the OP.
    I heard he's a crazy person with a gun. :) ;)

OK here you go... ;)
    Some of them are nothing more than a touchdown for a refuel though...
    I think I left some out to though... :dunno:

N. AMERICA

• Bahamas
    • Barbados
    • Belize
    • Canada
    • Costa Rica
    • Dominican Republic
    • Haiti
    • Honduras
    • Jamaica
    • Mexico
    • Panama
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • United States

EUROPE

• Albania
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
    • Bulgaria
    • Croatia
    • Cyprus
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • France
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Hungary
    • Italy
    • Liechtenstein
    • Lithuania
    • Luxembourg
    • Macedonia
    • Monaco
    • Montenegro
    • Netherlands
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Romania
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • United Kingdom

ASIA

• Afghanistan
    • Bahrain
    • Cambodia
    • Iraq
    • Israel
    • Japan
    • Jordan
    • Kazakstan
    • Korea, South
    • Kuwait
    • Kyrgyzstan
    • Laos
    • Oman
    • Pakistan
    • Philippines
    • Qatar
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Tajikistan
    • Thailand
    • Turkmenistan
    • United Arab Emirates
    • Uzbekistan
    • Vietnam
    • Yemen
    AFRICA

• Algeria
    • Congo
    • Djibouti
    • Egypt
    • Kenya
    • Morocco
    • Nigeria
    • Somalia
    • South Africa
    • Sudan
    • Tunisia
    • Uganda
    OCEANIA

• Australia
    • New Zealand
    S. AMERICA

• Argentina
    • Brazil
    • Chile
    • Peru
    • Venezuela

G_Stines

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Better listen to the OP.
    I heard he's a crazy person with a gun. :) ;)

I heard that myself.....:):

Huh...

Reading is fundamental...

I have never bothered to make a list... :dunno:

Those were the ones I could come up with after thinking about it, I think I am still missing one or two. And I only count the ones that I have taken the time to eat a meal in. If I didn't eat their food it doesn't count in my book.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Those were the ones I could come up with after thinking about it, I think I am still missing one or two. And I only count the ones that I have taken the time to eat a meal in. If I didn't eat their food it doesn't count in my book.
    I think I ate meals in most of those I listed... :dunno:
    I have slept a little since I was in some of those Places. ;)

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I try not to eat meals when I go to the UK, their "food" makes me sick.

I am not real sure I actually ate any thing for the 3 days I was in the UK...

A friend of mine had this "great" idea to Celebrate the 4th of July, Independence Day, in the UK. We had just got through training with the Boys and Dwarfs and a Highland Regiment who thought it would be fun to go stepping out with us "Yanks" on the 4th in London.

There was a LOT of Drinking involved. I mean a LOT...

On a side note did you know that the Brits refer to the Revolution as the War of the Insurrection...
    I am not sure but I think the hold a grudge about it... ;)

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    OK here you go... ;)
    Some of them are nothing more than a touchdown for a refuel though...
    I think I left some out to though... :dunno:

N. AMERICA

• Bahamas
    • Barbados
    • Belize
    • Canada
    • Costa Rica
    • Dominican Republic
    • Haiti
    • Honduras
    • Jamaica
    • Mexico
    • Panama
    • Trinidad and Tobago
    • United States
    EUROPE

• Albania
    • Austria
    • Belgium
    • Bosnia and Herzegovina
    • Bulgaria
    • Croatia
    • Cyprus
    • Czech Republic
    • Denmark
    • France
    • Germany
    • Greece
    • Hungary
    • Italy
    • Liechtenstein
    • Lithuania
    • Luxembourg
    • Macedonia
    • Monaco
    • Montenegro
    • Netherlands
    • Poland
    • Portugal
    • Romania
    • Spain
    • Sweden
    • Switzerland
    • United Kingdom
    ASIA

• Afghanistan
    • Bahrain
    • Cambodia
    • Iraq
    • Israel
    • Japan
    • Jordan
    • Kazakstan
    • Korea, South
    • Kuwait
    • Kyrgyzstan
    • Laos
    • Oman
    • Pakistan
    • Philippines
    • Qatar
    • Saudi Arabia
    • Tajikistan
    • Thailand
    • Turkmenistan
    • United Arab Emirates
    • Uzbekistan
    • Vietnam
    • Yemen
    AFRICA

• Algeria
    • Congo
    • Djibouti
    • Egypt
    • Kenya
    • Morocco
    • Nigeria
    • Somalia
    • South Africa
    • Sudan
    • Tunisia
    • Uganda
    OCEANIA

• Australia
    • New Zealand
    S. AMERICA

• Argentina
    • Brazil
    • Chile
    • Peru
    • Venezuela

Now, Sir, THAT is a list! :yesway: :bowdown:

You just took the list of all the countries in the world and removed the few you never visited. :rolleyes:

I dont know how many time that took you, maybe you are 99 years old and backpacked thru all those countries or you are Superman and can fly really vast.

I wish I could go to all those places, I still have plenty of time to do so.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Now, Sir, THAT is a list! :yesway: :bowdown:

You just took the list of all the countries in the world and removed the few you never visited. :rolleyes:
    One thing I was always told, Plagiarism is truly the sincerest form of flattery there is. Someone else took all the time to build a list of the Countries in the World, why not use it?! :dunno:;)
    I dont know how many time that took you, maybe you are 99 years old and backpacked thru all those countries or you are Superman and can fly really vast.

I wish I could go to all those places, I still have plenty of time to do so.
    Join the US Military...

Some of the Countries were just a Couple of Hours while the Birds refueled and we ate. Some were because we were stationed close and had made friends with the Flight Crews where we were Stationed, hitching rides with them to go party somewhere else...

Quite a few were strictly business trips though...:(

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I am not real sure I actually ate any thing for the 3 days I was in the UK...

A friend of mine had this "great" idea to Celebrate the 4th of July, Independence Day, in the UK. We had just got through training with the Boys and Dwarfs and a Highland Regiment who thought it would be fun to go stepping out with us "Yanks" on the 4th in London.

There was a LOT of Drinking involved. I mean a LOT...

On a side note did you know that the Brits refer to the Revolution as the War of the Insurrection...
    I am not sure but I think the hold a grudge about it... ;)

Last time I was in the UK I had only one single "meal" a few hours after I arrived there, I puked one hour after and decided to leave the country right after that.
    I just go to the UK to puke ... and leave. :):

I know some Brits refer to the USA as "the colonies" and "Americans" as "colonials".
    I guess in their heads they have not lost the "War of the Insurrection". :rolleyes:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    One thing I was always told, Plagiarism is truly the sincerest form of flattery there is. Someone else took all the time to build a list of the Countries in the World, why not use it?! :dunno:;)

Join the US Military...

Some of the Countries were just a Couple of Hours while the Birds refueled and we ate. Some were because we were stationed close and had made friends with the Flight Crews where we were Stationed, hitching rides with them to go party somewhere else...

Quite a few were strictly business trips though...:(

I actually thought of joining the US Military, maybe the National Guard.
    But im not sure how it works for Non-US-Citizens (I know some non-US-Citizens are in the Army but im not sure about the Guard).
    I think they can join but cant get to some ranks if they are a foreign national.
    Dual citizenship could be just the same problem.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I actually thought of joining the US Military, maybe the National Guard.
    But im not sure how it works for Non-US-Citizens (I know some non-US-Citizens are in the Army but im not sure about the Guard).
    I think they can join but cant get to some ranks if they are a foreign national.
    Dual citizenship could be just the same problem.

For the most part if you can receive a Green Card, there are some exceptions of course, you can join the US Military to include the Guard. ;)

I have a very good friend who is a Major who is a British National...
    I also know a Peruvian, a Chilean, a Couple of Mexicans, a couple of Germans, even a Pole...
    Not sure he will ever make General Rank though. :D
    Actually not sure on the Rank Limiter though. I have heard Rumors of it though. If I remember right there is a time limit that you have to apply for Citizen ship before you are allowed to stay past XX Years... :dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For the most part if you can receive a Green Card, there are some exceptions of course, you can join the US Military to include the Guard. ;)

I have a very good friend who is a Major who is a British National...
    I also know a Peruvian, a Chilean, a Couple of Mexicans, a couple of Germans, even a Pole...
    Not sure he will ever make General Rank though. :D
    Actually not sure on the Rank Limiter though. I have heard Rumors of it though. If I remember right there is a time limit that you have to apply for Citizen ship before you are allowed to stay past XX Years... :dunno:

I heard that to get to some ranks you not only need to become a US Citizen but you also need to lose your other nationalities.
    They dont want you to fight another country as a US soldier and be a Citizen of that country at the same time.
    You might also have a duty to serve in your orginal country's military and that might be a problem as well.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I heard that to get to some ranks you not only need to become a US Citizen but you also need to lose your other nationalities.
    They dont want you to fight another country as a US soldier and be a Citizen of that country at the same time.
    You might also have a duty to serve in your orginal country's military and that might be a problem as well.
    Not to sure on the Specifics as I never pulled Duty as a Recruiter. :dunno:

If I recall from Discussions from those I know who are/have serving/served you have 8 years to either decide to become an American or get out of the US Military. Not to sure on the Standards...

Designer99

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So is it safe to say that the majority of people's lists are due to being in the military? I'd be curious to see this thread excluding countries visited during military service.

If the OP's question is how much do American's travel (by their own free will and choosing), then counting military service kinda skews the results.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    So is it safe to say that the majority of people's lists are due to being in the military? I'd be curious to see this thread excluding countries visited during military service.

If the OP's question is how much do American's travel (by their own free will and choosing), then counting military service kinda skews the results.

Several of the places I went to were on my vacations, while I was in the Service though... :(

Not to mention the travel was a key part of the Decision to join the Military to start with...

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

That's a good point and I agree with you.
    My question was indeed more about non-military travels and how much Americans are curious about other countries and enjoy travelling by themselves.

I know that being curious and actually travelling are two different things btw.
    I met people who would love to travel to every country on the globe but dont have the money and/or time to do so.
    I also met people who didnt wish to see other countries because "life is so good in the US, best country ever, why would I want to go somewhere else?"
    To the second group I usually wonder how they know that life is so great in the US if they never been to other places.

I have found things better in other countries and things much worse.
    By travelling you learn to appreciate what you have.
    And just the fact that having drinkable water from the tap is a luxury that you dont find in every place of the globe.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom