• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    I can shoot the nuts off a gnat at 100 yards!. Then again, this is the internet.:D

Pshaa...Amateur! I once shot 3 hairs off of a gnat's left nut at 500 meters in the middle of an Okinawan typhoon, and he flew all the way back to the firing line to thank me for getting the ones the razor missed! (Who knew that gnats went for the silky smooth feel?? :dunno: )

...then my :soapbox: n' alarm clock woke me up! ;)

Back to reality..., I qualified as a Rifle Expert four times in the Corps, the last two times getting all 10 shots in the black from the 500 meter line on Qual Day :ar15: ...I was pretty happy about that. :cool: :rockwoot: :cool:

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Pshaa...Amateur! I once shot 3 hairs off of a gnat's left nut at 500 meters in the middle of an Okinawan typhoon, and he flew all the way back to the firing line to thank me for getting the ones the razor missed! (Who knew that gnats went for the silky smooth feel?? :dunno: )

...then my :soapbox: n' alarm clock woke me up! ;)

Back to reality..., I qualified as a Rifle Expert four times in the Corps, the last two times getting all 10 shots in the black from the 500 meter line on Qual Day :ar15: ...I was pretty happy about that. :cool: :rockwoot: :cool:

Like Machine Gun, I normally use up my 500 yd possible on PRE-qual day. :xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad::xmad:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    well my groups might have gone to poo cause i put my old stock back and am slowly going to acquire parts for a benchrest build and m1a.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I use to be better, cause I was shooting alot more and my arms were in a bit better shape. Now from standing i can hardly hold a rifle still. I use to be able to pick eggs off the top of a paint can at around 40 yards with an open sighted winchester model 67 22lr. But the past few years I haven't gotten to shoot the long guns as much as I used to. Mostly just the handguns now cause normally one is with me. My groups may not be the best, but I'm sure I'd be plenty lethal at 25 yards. I really need to hit the range soon and see what I can do.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    I use to be better, cause I was shooting alot more and my arms were in a bit better shape. Now from standing i can hardly hold a rifle still. I use to be able to pick eggs off the top of a paint can at around 40 yards with an open sighted winchester model 67 22lr. But the past few years I haven't gotten to shoot the long guns as much as I used to. Mostly just the handguns now cause normally one is with me. My groups may not be the best, but I'm sure I'd be plenty lethal at 25 yards. I really need to hit the range soon and see what I can do.

What kind of eggs? Salmon eggs or Ostrich eggs? :draw:

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    When I got my first gun (remington .597) I went through about five hundred rounds in a month. I'd go over to my girlfriends house after work and shoot at her dad's little targets at about eighty yards or so. I might hit it three times out of ten. Not bad considering I'm pretty new and the darn things were only a few inches across. :D

mudwater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Wells County
    Open ended question. I wish I had a place to consistantly shoot over 200 yards. The chance does not come along very often. Typically a shooter can hold a 1" to 2" group at 100 yards with a good rifle and scope using a benchrest. Too much caffiene though and I might as well throw rocks.
    I have a Savage 10FP in 308 with after market trigger and stock and muzzle brake. Mounted on top is a Hakko "Law Enforcement" 4-16X scope. Would think about anybody that does not have the gitters could shoot well with it.

Last edited:

lancinator

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2009
    Dekalb County NE indiana
    you are shooting as good as me. i too have a 22-250 and i shoot 45 grain jacketed hollow points. i just smoked two woodchucks this evening both at about 100 yards. and easy shot for someone shooting as good as we are. i've always wanted to get into the 3,4,5,6,7,8,9 and 1000 yard shots i just haven't yet. good luck, i've always heard that the sako's shoot awesome.

buzz815

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Shelby cty
    Bench

1/2 MOA at 100 yards pretty consistantly. Remington 700 VLS with handloads from bench rest. Match brass and primers with 168 gr Sierra match king bullets and 42.5 gr IMR 4064. I shoot offhand a lot but I get a kick trying to put 5 rounds in the same hole from the sand bagged bench rest.

zerowolf

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Southside Indy
    Why do I never see these 1/2' moa shooters at the range. Or head shooters every time @ 25 yds. I would like to see what they could do when it counts! Trained snipers not included.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I just used my RIA 1911A1 Tactial to shoot the left testicle off a misquito at 25 yards.

I need to practice. I was aiming for the right :(

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    HIJACK!

Ok. lets add some qualifications. off hand at 100 yds, how many can you put in a 10" circle. supply witnessed targets for verification please.

i'm minute of walnut at treetop level about 9 out of 10 times I try. offhand. if you think offhand is easy, try running 50m, stop, mount the rifle and hit a 2" circle at 25 yds. biathlon shooters are amazing. 2 me anyway.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I can a hit pie plate @ 25 yards with a pistol about 80% of the time.

I can hit a pop can with an AK @ 50 yards pretty consistently.

I can shoot about a 4" group @ 100 yards with an M1A w/iron sights.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    I'm not very good

I'm not very good but I regularly sleep with a shooter who has a confirmed 532 yard prairie dog kill. Skill-by-association has gotta' count for something! Prairie doggin' can be a humbling experience. :cool:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Farmritch
    Prarie dogs at 500 - 650 yards with a Bolt action .223
    Hows that?
    Just remember 1" groups @ 100m( 1MOA) are 2" @ 200m, 3" @ 300m and so on
    Military standard is 4" @100m (4 MOA)

Just to clarify ;)

your correction was incorrect.... MOA or minutes of angle is an english measurement and is measures in yards.... 1.047 inches at 100YARDS to be exact. MIL's are what lines up with a distance measured in meters.

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    8 Indiana State Long Range Championships.
    7 at 1000 yards and 1 at 800 - 1000. Shot with both irons and scope.

However, they were at known distances with a jacket and sling. They might not qualify.

Last edited:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom