How does everyone set up their home defense AR?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Using entry red dots, like trs-25, tra-26, and Romeo 5 being the most expensive. They've worked well with trs-25 having the highest round count 3+k, and still like new. I've been looking at higher end ARs and optics, but just don't know if they're worth it. What you noticed a difference?

I always kind of went the “buy once, cry once” route. Aimpoints and Eotechs on the rifles and a trijicon on a pistol, with no real issues.

I think there are a lot more options to choose from these days, than there were 15-20 years ago.

Born2vette

Norm, Team woodworker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 25, 2020
    Westfield
    I'm asking for help here, im not an AR owner....a friend is attempting to put a sling on his AR
    This is his butt stock
    And asks
    "like to attached a magpul sling with QD attachments but I’m not sure of the hardware I would need to attach to the stock"

TIA
    According to the link (look in the questions tab):
    1726431777875.jpeg
    So if the mount is missing reach out to Magpul to find a replacement.

Osprey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I'm asking for help here, im not an AR owner....a friend is attempting to put a sling on his AR
    This is his butt stock
    And asks
    "like to attached a magpul sling with QD attachments but I’m not sure of the hardware I would need to attach to the stock"

TIA
    I didn't want to mess with replacing the stock so I got something like this and works great. It's not the exact model I have but is similar. https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1003256987?pid=738679

Top Bottom