How Do You Refrain From Buying Firearms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Lack of money and the safe has no more room, my two main obstacles. My wife is not a problem. She's a pretty good shot and knows AKs inside and out from her youth. People from across the pond have a special appreciation for our freedoms because it's rare where they come from.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    My wife called me at work the other day to tell me my buddy at the gun store found a gun that i had been looking for , she said i told them to hold it for you till you get there ,

See i don't eben have to go look the shop calls me at home and my wife tells them OK HE WANTS IT ....

God I LOVE that woman ....:patriot::D

Hiram2005

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Plains of Hamilton County
    Alright fellow firearm enthusiasts, how do you refrain from buying a new firearm? Quite simply put, I can't?:): I know after all these years that I still am a extreme firearm enthusiast. Just one more than that's it.:D I wish it was just that easy?:dunno: Probably the best method for me that works is to stay out of or away from the gun shops and gun shows. It also is a lot harder to do when they keep coming out with new stuff you don't already have. It is going to be a long summer for me as I am tapped out for awhile. How do you guys do it?:ingo:

"Refrain".......I do not know this word. Can someone please explain? :dunno:

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Yeah, I basically run out of cash. Or, I balance the want of a firearm, for instance, I want an Uberti 1866 Yellow Boy Carbine, But, I also want to buy a Schott Leather Jacket. The Yellow Boy is over $1200, the Jacket is about $500. I will get the jacket first because, (A) It's cheaper (B) I have the cash now (C) The rifle will always be available for purchase or ordering, the Jacket may not.

Oh yeah, I know you think I am crazy, but, Schott Leather Jackets are considered the best. Made in USA. They designed the Bomber Jacket for pilots, Brando's Leather in The Wild Ones, etc. That's why they are expensive. They are the original.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Remind myself that I'm not THE BEST with the guns I have and how I should use that money for ammo and training instead.

mudwater

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Wells County
    I bought a Bow and am trying to get good at shooting it. It is alot easier to reload and does not make as much noise. Only problem is that they are the same in that new and better ones keep coming out!

Bulgy74

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 29, 2009
    Buy good weapons that are versatile and you won't really be able to convince yourself to get the next pretty thing that walks along.

I've got ARs that I can change to suit my need, a couple of AKs to satisfy the whole "3rd world battle rifle" need.

I've got a few very good pistols that are very reliable and accurate and simple to shoot.

I just don't need anything else. It's easier to pass things up when I already have something just as good at home.

Buy the best stuff first. You can't regret it.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Bulgy74 has it. Buy the best stuff first, then fuh Gedda bout it.
    (Like that's possible!) :D:D
    Seriously, he does have a point.
    I wish I had all the money I spent on lesser pieces so's I could buy one or two more quality firearms.

:ar15:

Old Salt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2008
    Avon
    Isn't the whole premise of this thread warped. Shouldn't we be looking for way to buy a new gun. If I just stopped, I would probably go through withdrawal so intense it would cause a coronary. I look for a long time before I buy, but when I see a new gun I really want, I take what I have saved, and if needed, find a way to fund the rest. I find life is much easier this way.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    It's called a wife...
    mad-wife-reduced.jpg

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    Alright fellow firearm enthusiasts, how do you refrain from buying a new firearm? Quite simply put, I can't?:): I know after all these years that I still am a extreme firearm enthusiast. Just one more than that's it.:D I wish it was just that easy?:dunno: Probably the best method for me that works is to stay out of or away from the gun shops and gun shows. It also is a lot harder to do when they keep coming out with new stuff you don't already have. It is going to be a long summer for me as I am tapped out for awhile. How do you guys do it?:ingo:

I open up my wallet and see no green.:rolleyes:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom