How Do You Refrain From Buying Firearms?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rafterman

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    It's hard for me as well to resist buyng another gun. If I get one in caliber that I do not have already, I feel that I need at least another to justify supporting that caliber.

Hate it when I like all the arms I have and run out of things to trade.

sparkyfender

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2008
    Southcentral IN
    I stay out of gun stores. And that takes some will power.

I do peruse the INGO ads, and every now and then see something I want BADLY.

Fortunately, the seller is usually at the other end of the State. Whew! I prefer FTF transactions.

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    I decided what I am going to pay for an item. Usually on the low end of the scale for that item. Then I just shop it to death. Eventually I'll hit a sale or find it on a classified somewhere.

Easy way to not buy a lot of stuff. Often it takes me a LONG time to come across the item I am wanting at the price I am willing to pay.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Alright fellow firearm enthusiasts, how do you refrain from buying a new firearm? Quite simply put, I can't?:): I know after all these years that I still am a extreme firearm enthusiast. Just one more than that's it.:D I wish it was just that easy?:dunno: Probably the best method for me that works is to stay out of or away from the gun shops and gun shows. It also is a lot harder to do when they keep coming out with new stuff you don't already have. It is going to be a long summer for me as I am tapped out for awhile. How do you guys do it?:ingo:
    Simple, I DON'T refrain! :D You want to make something out of it? :popcorn:
    I admit it, when it comes to firearms, I'M A WEAKLING!:dunno:

Smitty506th

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    I can go to gun shops and look at my friends collections but the real thing that keeps me from buying is that my has hinted at the idea that the the next time i bring something home.... I just might get shot with it.... But she does want a .44 Magnum, so if I got it for her she might be happy, or at least it would be quick.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    I dont even try to refrain from buying. The job of the spousal unit is to keep my purchases in check. I am usually able to wear her down to aquire one or two new guns a year. Anything above that requires trade or sale of a current possession + minimal cash distribution. The great thing about the AR platform is I can buy it a piece at a time, usually under the radar of my wife. That being said, when cash is low, my will power is much stronger not to buy. Happy wife and home always come first.

Tin Cup

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 14, 2009
    Michiana
    You could always get a different job, one that pays less. Then you wouldn't have extra money to buy guns. But where is the fun in that.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I dont like to refrain from buying because when i purchase a new toy, i usually give my wife and kids some money to shut them up, is that wrong?

Top Bottom