How do you feel about the Tea Party Movement?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you feel about the Tea Party Movement?

• Total voters

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've been sitting here for weeks banging my head against the wall trying to figure out why people on this site always talk about preserving freedom and standing up for our rights, but no one actually shows up when called upon for the Tea Party's. It's just mind boggling to me that only a handful of people here actually will show up to the Rally's and even fewer are getting their hands dirty by helping to organize and donate to make it happen.

So I'm asking how you feel about the Tea Party's. Don't be shy. I want to hear it. I want to know just exactly why you will not or will get involved and stand up for our freedoms and what's right.

Let's hear it. No excuses either. I have no job, no money, and 4 kids and a wife and still find time to devote to the cause. If I can do it under these circumstances they are void as an excuse.

:patriot::ingo:

EDIT: Good, my 6500 post was actually meaningful! :D :patriot: :rockwoot:

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    People are not desparate enough.
    As long as people have a roof over their head, the clothes on their back, and enough food to survive, the majority of people will endure rather than fight. This is the true face of humanity.

What do you think is the real purpose behind the Medicaid, Social Security, and the stimulus package?

Something to think about...

P.S Savage, I hope you find a job soon.

Last edited:

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I think it's a great idea but I'm a realist at heart and as long as we have a liberally bias media it won't go farther then fox news and the participants feeling better about themselves because they were with other like minded people and got a lot of frustration off their chest. plus I'm not really that type of "activist" it's just not how I roll.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I understand you two's feelings. I'm a realist at heart too. But I also understand that we have to try SOMETHING. The Tea Party movement is not party biased, Dems, repubs, liberitarians, we are all and none of the above. We are everyone united against a common enemy. Big Government.

You say we're not desperate enough. That may be. But you want to wait until half of the entire American Population is homeless before you act? Doesn't seem smart to me.

You say you're not an activist. Neither am I. I'd rather be a soldier, or work from the inside as a politician, but I can't be either. So this is what I'm doing. Think about the word activist. Active. Involved. If you're not active and involved, how can anyone get anything done? How can you wake up the people if you won't talk to them. Hard to tell someone about something when you're not involved in doing SOMETHING to change it.

:twocents:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Also, all these votes and no explainations? Cmon guys. This isn't what I had in mind.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I think it's sorta like locking the barn door after the horse runs away. The freedoms have already been taken, nobody cares, it doesn't affect me, etc., etc. Who showed up to televise your "Tea Party"? How many minutes of a story did you get on the evening news? I simply feel it is a useless effort, so I will do what I do, with what I do it with, even after it is said I can't. YMMV

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    well let me rephrase activist. it's not in my nature to put myself out like that trying to tell everyone how they should be and how they should act etc. I'm just not a pushy person and have no interest in wasting time on trying to convince people who are steadfast as me but on the opposite side why they are wrong and I'm right. for sure your fighting the good fight but I'd like to think I'm fighting the efficient fight by knowing I'm getting through to one person on the fence through intellectual discussion in a small calm setting rather than acting the part of the stereotypical protester possibly/most likely turning away more people than I'm getting interested.

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    I'm 100% with you, Savage. People are starting to realize that something has gone horribly wrong. This movement is starting at just the right time because, although people are not desperate, yet, I believe they will be soon, and when that happens, they will turn to someone for answers, and if we don't provide them, or create them, Obama and his minions will be there with open arms to provide all the answers in the form of a New New Deal.

This movement, by the way, is more than talk. The iCaucus movement is actively engaged in spreading awareness about the actual power behind the elections. As the speaker explained at the first Tea Party in April, (don't remember his name) they got a new Rep elected in Utah to replace a dud of a Republican who outspent them 6-to-1. They figured out how to fight the moneyed interests and win, and if we all can replace all the Nancy Pelosis with Ron Pauls ( :draw: Flame On!) and reverse this disastrous path we have found ourselves on.

I'm going to have kids someday, and I want them to grow up with more freedom than I did, not less, and I'm going to do everything I can to make sure that happens.

:twocents:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I find this interesting as an outburst, but less interesting as a movement that could lead to a party. The problem is that the only unifying factor is wanting less taxes. Beyond that point there is no clarity of vision. As a result many are hesitant to see where this is going before jumping on the bus.

Personally, I would love to see this as a unifying group for the 3rd party groups but find myself at the rally looking at republicans looking more for a do-over rather than building something new and at pro-lifers whose vision is very, very different than others at the rally.

In essence, so long as the core is about money and taxing, but not some other unifying vision, the tea parties look more like complaining fests and less like rallies for change.

Don't get me wrong, I had fun at the first one. And I thought it was important and still think they are important, but until there is a concerted attempt to unify into something more than tax resisters, there's not much there for the future.

Go Devil

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    To me, the action seems to lack "teeth"; delivering a rant followed by "please".

I was on board until the State House event; when the time of the gathering was adjusted so as not to interfere with the daily business of the place.
    This sent a strong message that the organization lacks true grit.

I have seen leftist, anti-establishment groups of teens with more presence and passion.

As I have said before on this forum, this method of protest is DEAD. Those in seats of power mock this form of protest.

Study your adversary; it is evedent that his tactics are working.
    How does ACORN operate? How do Chicago Organizers work?

Asking for permission is no way to change this situation.

Those in power need to feel your discomfort, threatening their election on the next go-round is hollow to them.

If you would like to discuss this topic with me further, send me a PM.

Turtle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 8, 2008
    INDY
    I support the tea parties and attended one in greewood at a bar. I will attend more this summer. But with work, TV, football, beer, kids and that feeling that we are doomed and theres nothing we can do about it. NO one takes this serious. People have a sick illusion of freedom. And they feel helpless.
    And then we got the ones that dont know, dont care. Ya gotta stand up at walmart and have a loud conversation with a friend. Speak out! I do it all the time. I have a big mouth and tell people. I talk to people. I answere questions. And I speak loud about these things so others might hear.

Spot Me 2

Expert
    Rating - 97.8%
    45   1   0
    I think the rallys are a good idea. I went to the first one in Chicago. My problem is that its not about taxes anymore. That ship sailed 30+ years ago. The left has done a great job at taking control of everything. Slowly over the past 30 or so years, they have infiltrated the repulican party. So much so that we no longer see them for what they are. The "wolf in sheeps clothing." The repulican party is no longer conservitive. BOTH PARTIES ARE THE SAME. You don't have a choice in your vote any longer. Your choices are evil or less evil, corrupt or less corrupt. Anyone that actually runs and stands for something has NO chance of being elected. Our government breaks the contract (read constitution) we have with them daily, and we do NOTHING to stop them! Until there is a movement to throw out the law breakers that lead this great nation, you just spinning your wheels. They broke the deal, not us!! They chose to ignore the Constitution, not us!! We gather at these protests and they laugh at us. At our complete lack of will to do anything real about it. We all know what needs to be done. Sadly we will not unite until it is too late.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I think it is more than just a unified disgust with high taxes...
    There are several different groups that make up the movement.
    I want overall less government and not necessarily looking at the Republican party to fulfill that want. No matter what party I look at, there is something among each of them that keeps me from fully supporting them.

Kingrat

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Evansville
    i believe they do have an effect, but not much past city/county level, i agree that perhaps they lack the "teeth" to get politicians to notice that people are serious, and they are likely to continue going about their politics the same as before

at ours we signed petitions for no confidence to prevent our terrible mayor weinzapfel from running for governor, there were also tons of people calling the higher ups in the indiana democratic party and telling them not to let him run for it (including threats on their behalf, screaming and throwing tantrums over the phone)

knowing that they arent sleeping well at night is worth something, but i dont think we have progressed to the point of interfering with what they plan on doing even at the local levels :dunno:

i guess after a long enough period of ignoring our requests maybe we will get more serious

anyway i will continue to sign all the petitions, attend all the tea parties, and go to all the "terrorist groups" around :P

quiggly

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Noblesville
    My thoughts are such that the tea parties are not targeted enough for most people. We are having tea parties that are against the way the government is representing the people?

What if the tea parties are targeted against specific candidates that represent or have a lack of representation for the people.

The way Speaker Bauer this year seems to have completely ignored the people, maybe a tea party should be set up in his area specifically targeting his performance as a politician.

I personally find it appalling the way certain people have acted in Federal and State government, but by seeing a generic tea party against ALL politicians/representatives, I think they are probably saying to themselves, I sure am glad I don't act that way, when they really do.

I have to believe that ALL of our politicians believe at some level they are doing what is right for their constituents even though they have severely strayed from what is reality.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    You'd have better luck rallying people in the streets for change if they banned the NFL. As long as people have their entertainment, they don't care.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I find this interesting as an outburst, but less interesting as a movement that could lead to a party. The problem is that the only unifying factor is wanting less taxes.

Not true. The mission of the Indiana Tea Party is: To restore limited government, fiscal responsibility, and accountable representation through citizen activism and education, in order to preserve the Constitution for the United States of America.

Getting back to the Constitution is the focus of the Indiana Tea Party. That's why we had representatives from a broad range of topics on hand at yesterday's event. And while our rallies across the country were initially started to protest taxes, bailouts, and stimulus packages, I think you'll find more and more other TPs simplifying and broadening our focus to the Constitution. It's plain, simple, elegant, and just.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    More thoughts on this. I don't believe it is possible to fix this under our current system. I would be like an artist trying fix a botched painting with a pencil eraser. All he does is smear it around. Or like a cattle farmer trying rid his herd of mad cow disease while refusing to cull out the diseased cattle. Our current system is made up of a majority of obamabot zombies. There is a saying that goes like this. If you want to deter an action, you tax it. If you want more of an action, you subsidize it. This isn't rocket science folks. This is how we train animals. Ignore or punish actions you don't want and reward the actions you do want.

Who is getting punished and who is getting rewarded? Have a good job, make good money, play by the rules? That's not fair to those who don't so we're going to take from you and give it to them. Deadbeat, don't pay your bills, breed like rabbits? Here's more welfare money.

I'm sick to death of white trash. They surround my house. They don't take care of anything and everything they have is trashed. They bring down everything around them and yet we reward these people. This isn't by accident folks. It's by design. We are forever taking more from those who do and giving it to those who don't. As long as these people have the majority, our current system can't be fixed. One way or another, these peoples' voting privelages would have to taken away to fix it. I think our forefathers were on to something when they required voters to be landowners. Generally, to own land, it requires some level of personal responsibility.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    More thoughts on this. I don't believe it is possible to fix this under our current system. I would be like an artist trying fix a botched painting with a pencil eraser. All he does is smear it around. Or like a cattle farmer trying rid his herd of mad cow disease while refusing to cull out the diseased cattle. Our current system is made up of a majority of obamabot zombies. There is a saying that goes like this. If you want to deter an action, you tax it. If you want more of an action, you subsidize it. This isn't rocket science folks. This is how we train animals. Ignore or punish actions you don't want and reward the actions you do want.

Who is getting punished and who is getting rewarded? Have a good job, make good money, play by the rules? That's not fair to those who don't so we're going to take from you and give it to them. Deadbeat, don't pay your bills, breed like rabbits? Here's more welfare money.

I'm sick to death of white trash. They surround my house. They don't take care of anything and everything they have is trashed. They bring down everything around them and yet we reward these people. This isn't by accident folks. It's by design. We are forever taking more from those who do and giving it to those who don't. As long as these people have the majority, our current system can't be fixed. One way or another, these peoples' voting privelages would have to taken away to fix it. I think our forefathers were on to something when they required voters to be landowners. Generally, to own land, it requires some level of personal responsibility.

I agree with you on this. I think that's a big part of the problem. I just wish we could do something like only let landowners vote. But you could see what kind of commotion that would cause across the country.

I support the Tea Party movement and really hope to get involved in the future. I just wish there were some way for us to get out there and be heard by more people across the country. And for those in power to hear us even more. Cause without some sort of positive new coverage getting the message out there, its hard ot say how much it will do. Either way whenever I get the chance I"m talking to friends about the constitution and how much we need to get back to basing our country around it again. Instead of this crap of going around it that Obsama is doing right now.

Top Bottom