• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • How do you carry off your property most often?

• Total voters

CaNdYMaN

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    north side.
    i usually cc because people just cant help but stare. and also so i dont get into something where someone claims that i pointed it at em or some bs. that way they cant see it to describe it.

millsusaf

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Carmel
    CC probably 90% of the time because I absolutely have to. OC probably the other 10%. I'd OC more if I had the opportunity especially in the summer.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    It must be a locality thing. I have read on numerous forums of people OCing. In all my years of carring beside myself I have only seen 1 other person open carry. I live in NWI in a city where it is not uncommon to have 5 squads on 1 traffic stop and that could have something to do with it. The local PD is not known for being the most forgiving but I have never been questioned about open carry. I believe that if more people did it the stigma would be minumized and the IC stating that it is legal to OC in our state would be openly known. There are people out there that I have run into that have their LTCH and LEO that didnt know. We need to educate.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I OC 99% because I cannot conceal my fullsize XDm in the summer. I'm not changing my way of dressing around the gun. I like fitted clothing and motorcycles, and they don't allow much slack for CC'ing.

During the winter, my coat covered my handgun plenty, even though it was in an outside holster.

"A Right Unexercised is a Right Lost"

El Cazador

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    NW Hendricks CO
    I'm about 85/15% OC. I wear Wrangler 13 MWZ's ("cowboy jeans") most of the time, and an IWB with a full size 1911 just doesn't fit well along with me in them. I don't care for baggy clothes, (they're hot), and elastic waistbands just suck. Since this is Indiana, I'll OC, and try to avoid the few places I either can't or the owners don't like it, or occasionally swap to a smaller sidearm.

aikidoka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    Hammond
    I've started to OC every time now. I might cover here and there if Im not sure about someone's reaction but mostly OC lately.

slacker

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapols, IN
    I have a high-noon split decision that does a great job hiding my glock 19 with shorts and a t-shirt, but I prefer the comfort of a fobus owb with a t-shirt over it.

I normally go for the fobus if I will be riding in the car for a while, or doing alot of walking. for a quick trip to the store I will use the high-noon

Top Bottom