• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StunnedMonkey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    I'm seeing this as a trend I find a bit discouraging. We've all been newbies at one point or another, but so many times here on INGO that's seemingly considered unforgivable - ie, a question gets asked, and the next thing you know there's a dozen people who've piled on the poor newb. Sometimes the question's legit, sometimes it's just someone on the run to 50, but sheesh, let's not just assume the latter from the get go!

Heck, I got accused a while back of chasing 50 so I could get to the classifieds. I didn't even know there were classifieds at the time, and I'm not interested anyway. Apparently all newbies get accused of this.

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    This has been an interesting read.
    I'm actually glad that Steve.43 held his ground,
    shared his thoughts, offered suggestions and now seems to fit right in.
    Also a big Thank You to Jetgirl and others that warmed the welcome mat.
    Reps inbound.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    See? Boot Carry!! Barely noticeable!

BootCarry_zpsf77b7adc.jpg

I'm not so sure......... We need a picture of you doing this with some thigh high boots............ :whistle:

1861navy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2013
    Just found this thread and read through it all. One of the main reasons why I love this site, most people here are good caring people who will help out if they can, hell they will help you to 50 posts if you are legit.

Steve; I still consider myself fairly new here post wise, i lurk a lot. I can honestly say that at first, the razzing seemed excessive here, and at times it is, but overall this is a great community, where you can talk about and share ideas, learn from others about guns and other physical things, but you can also learn about yourself here on INGO. Then when I compare the conversations and the attitudes here to anywhere else on the web, INGO is one of the most laid back, relaxing, fun, and positive places I have been to.
    I'm sure you are finding this out already though, and I hope you stick around.

Steve.43

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Wabash, IN
    Thanks to all of you who talked me through this. If it's possible to be a 5-year newbie, then I guess I am one. And it's true that I had an unfortunate first impression. It's equally true that I didn't understand the reasoning behind the policies. My dad always told me I had a short fuse (genetically inherited, he said), and it showed up early in this thread. If I was too direct, or even rude, I do apologize. Your patience and courtesy--rather than flames--are an obvious asset to this group. I'm grateful.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Thanks to all of you who talked me through this. If it's possible to be a 5-year newbie, then I guess I am one. And it's true that I had an unfortunate first impression. It's equally true that I didn't understand the reasoning behind the policies. My dad always told me I had a short fuse (genetically inherited, he said), and it showed up early in this thread. If I was too direct, or even rude, I do apologize. Your patience and courtesy--rather than flames--are an obvious asset to this group. I'm grateful.

You'll be ok now. Glad you decided to stick with us.:rockwoot::welcome:

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    And it's true that I had an unfortunate first impression.

INGO is like a roller coaster.

That first tense 50 quality feet is like the chain lift up the first launch hill....clickclickclick...clickclickclick...
    clickclick... .. .. .. click. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. click.... .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. cli..........

*woosh* ARRRRHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Top Bottom