Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair

What is wrong with this picture?
    May be, it is about time we should follow the British example of Unarmed Police Officers.

Justified Violence???????
    You be the judge!!!!!!!

Houston officer kills double amputee in wheelchair - Yahoo! News

Was within inches to a foot according to the article. How close should the bad guy be before the police are forced to respond to aggressive actions? Because he is in a wheel chair he is harmless or something? So, a mentally disturbed person is yelling and threatening others, the police are called, because the home he is in cannot deal with him, what should the police have done? Taken him out for Blizzards and sundaes?

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Was within inches to a foot according to the article. How close should the bad guy be before the police are forced to respond to aggressive actions? Because he is in a wheel chair he is harmless or something? So, a mentally disturbed person is yelling and threatening others, the police are called, because the home he is in cannot deal with him, what should the police have done? Taken him out for Blizzards and sundaes?

It's a shame that they don't train police officers in non-lethal means of protecting themselves. Budget cuts are probably to blame.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    All I know is that I sure don't want a highly agitated individual with a history of mental illness backing me into a tight corner while threatening me and attempting to stab me with an unidentified metal object.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    It's a shame that they don't train police officers in non-lethal means of protecting themselves. Budget cuts are probably to blame.

If you are alone, you dont use non lethal in that situation. Usually when deploying non lethals, they have someone backing them up with real firearms, in case. Also, if someone is threatening you with deadly force, you respond with deadly force.

JB357Mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 26, 2012
    Yea!
    Im sorry but I cant see this being justified.

A cripled person in a wheelchair with a pen?:rolleyes:

I guess you had to be there.

Jimmy

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Hindsight is great. I also don't see an issue here.

The actual weapon is irrelevant. He was trying to stab someone. Why should the officer put himself in greater risk of injury to try and disarm the guy? I know I wouldn't.

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Maybe we should also follow the British example of having a King?:):

Why the dickens did we fight that darn revolution if the Brits are so much wiser than we?

Wreaver

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Right over there!
    "Fearing for his partner's safety and his own safety, he discharged his weapon,"

2 men couldn't take control of a ONE armed ONE legged individual in a wheelchair without shooting him? Poor career choices.

Top Bottom