• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Nice judgement call on your part. I'm glad you have all the facts at your disposal, unlike the rest of us. Do you have a single digit on your
    Colts Jersey, too?

They came for the purpose of addressing issues with this individual. The presumably entered through the door. At least one of them became cornered and the other shot the paraplegic for attacking with an ink pen. Aside from throwing your hands up in the air and saying 'we just don't know what happened' how in the universe could you fashion a narrative which under the most helpful of circumstances would justify this chain of fail?

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Believe me, I've seen news reports that were vastly at odds with what I saw with my own eyes. When the investigation is finished (and leaked) I'll be willing to second-guess the guys on the scene. You're entitled to your own opinion, of course (not meant to be either condescending or sarcastic, this time.)

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    Just curious and meaning no disrespect. It was mentioned earlier that if the officer was alone then Non lethal force would be used. I get that. HOWEVER!!!! He had a partner, AKA backup. So why not use non lethal force? and if that did not work, switch to Lethal force. And if ANY of US non Police reacted in the same manner I have no doubt that we would be a long time from being free again.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    35g6ff_zps46235615.jpg

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    Believe me, I've seen news reports that were vastly at odds with what I saw with my own eyes. When the investigation is finished (and leaked) I'll be willing to second-guess the guys on the scene. You're entitled to your own opinion, of course (not meant to be either condescending or sarcastic, this time.)

I second this. The news will spin a story to fit whatever there agenda is that day.

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    As already pointed out, hindsight is usually 20/20, (although still not always). Easy to think the location was well lit, and you could tell the threat. Or that you know the crazy person and how to deal with them. But, if you arent even close to the scene or being in their shoes, you really have a bit of a hard time comprehending what goes on in split seconds. Easy to say days later that you would do A,B or C, without really knowing what was going on at the time, with an IRRATIONAL, CRAZY person. Guess what, crazy people do not act rationally, to almost anything. As already pointed out, lack of limbs does not mean a lack of will, means and intent. If this crazy person killed one or both of them, you would be criticizing why a crazy cripple was able to kill highly trained officers.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    I wasn't there and can't give a completely accurate view of what I would do. Something doesn't seem right in this situation and I don't want to armchair QB. I will say that I believe non lethal force should have been used before going to lethal, but then again maybe were missing details.

Another thing I will say is that you shouldn't underestimate someone just because they are in a wheelchair. I have been in a non lethal confrontation from a chair and I did successfully end it on my terms. I took a couple of hits but came out on top. They expect you to be easy pickings. Groin shots and submission moves work well. I have also been forced to present lethal force to stop an attack on myself. He changed his mind very quickly when he realized I was capable and ready to defend myself.:twocents:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Its pretty impressive that the perp could wave his pen around while simultaneously using the same arm to operate the wheelchair and approach the officer.

Top Bottom