• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If the Keystone Cops allowed one, perhaps both of themselves to be cornered by a one-armed, one-legged man in a wheelchair armed with an ink pen (how in the universe can they claim with a straight face that he had a 'weapon' within inches of one of them and not be able to tell what it is) they both are in the wrong line of work and need to be seen to the door before we even consider the shooting. What is next, making real life like the simulator exercise in "Men in Black" where the officer can simply shoot anyone he feels is a threat for no reason beyond arbitrarily 'feeling' the person is dangerous?

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    I thought the pen was mightier than the sword?

1) We weren't there.
    2.) The care taker didn't call an ambulance or fire department, they called the POLICE
    3.) Tight quarters, probably dimly lit room, your partner is cornered by a man who is out of control with a history of mental illness and is waving something metalic just inches from him. Really? What WOULD you do?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Maybe we should also follow the British example of having a King?:):

Why the dickens did we fight that darn revolution if the Brits are so much wiser than we?

Any one will shoot a president, but a king?

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    :dunno: I don't see how lethal force can be justified here. Two grown man can't take down half a man? But then again the guy that played in Crippled Master was one bad dude.

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    What if it was you and your friend that shot the double amputee in the same situation? I wonder how the law will view the whole incident......

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Im sorry but I cant see this being justified.

A cripled person in a wheelchair with a pen?:rolleyes:

I guess you had to be there.

Jimmy

I'm with you... a boot to his chest would have likely done the trick. Just because you are justified to shoot someone doesn't mean you always should. I mean... instead of using deadly force, the 2nd cop might have... i don't know... walked up behind the wheelchair and pulled him away from his partner?

Its as if the cop said to himself "sweet... finally in a situation where I can justifiably shoot this thing" :rockwoot:

tom1025

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Underground
    I'm with you... a boot to his chest would have likely done the trick. Just because you are justified to shoot someone doesn't mean you always should. I mean... instead of using deadly force, the 2nd cop might have... i don't know... walked up behind the wheelchair and pulled him away from his partner?

Its as if the cop said to himself "sweet... finally in a situation where I can justifiably shoot this thing" :rockwoot:

This is the second time the officer has used deadly force in the past three years.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon

ruger17hmr

Shooter
    Rating - 97.1%
    33   1   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    Indy
    Wonderful only let the bad guys be armed...because next would come confiscation of all fire arms. some cops do stupid things...

Stupid things???? Now that's the understatement of year!

If you and I, non-LEOs, did what these two cops did, we will be sitting in the jail right now.

There exist double standards when it comes to reviewing the case of deadly forces. Definately much more lenient towrads the POs when it should be much more strict.

2ADMNLOVER

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    West side Indy
    All I can say is WTF is wrong with police these days ?

Yes I'm " Sunday night quarterbacking" and NO I wasn't there so NO I don't know all the facts but seriously , WTF ????? !!!!

Years ago I worked as a CNA in a nursing home .

We had a young man in his late twenties (who'd also been hit by a train but he had both arms , no legs ) that would wheel himself a few blocks down to the bar every Friday .

Being one of the few guys that worked there I'd usually have to go get him when he made an ass of himself and was kicked out .

He never pulled a weapon but he would sock you in your jaw if you weren't careful . Whadya do ? You sock him right back and get his damn mind right for the trip back home .

BOTH of these sorry excuses for cops should be fired , both of them and the city should be sued into oblivion .

Two " able bodied " cops can't handle one guy with one leg and arm and allow themselves to get backed into a corner by A GUY WITH ONE ARM AND LEG ?

I don't understand how anyone can be ok with that .

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    One of the "lessons learned" videos we were shown in semi-annual firearms qualifications training was the case of two detectives who were sent to arrest a paraplegic. He said he'd go quietly and asked for assistance getting into his wheelchair. As they were helping him, he produced a pistol from under his mattress and killed them both. Absence of a limb or two isn't as important as motivation.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    One of the "lessons learned" videos we were shown in semi-annual firearms qualifications training was the case of two detectives who were sent to arrest a paraplegic. He said he'd go quietly and asked for assistance getting into his wheelchair. As they were helping him, he produced a pistol from under his mattress and killed them both. Absence of a limb or two isn't as important as motivation.

Good point, but if they allowed one or both cops to be backed into a corner and could not tell whether or not the man was armed (and them mistaking a pen for a deadly weapon, and as a result kill the man, they are both dumber than owl s**t and do not belong in law enforcement.

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    Good point, but if they allowed one or both cops to be backed into a corner and could not tell whether or not the man was armed (and them mistaking a pen for a deadly weapon, and as a result kill the man, they are both dumber than owl s**t and do not belong in law enforcement.

Nice judgement call on your part. I'm glad you have all the facts at your disposal, unlike the rest of us. Do you have a single digit on your
    Colts Jersey, too?

Top Bottom