• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    A hospital is the #2 place to carry, just behind morgues/funeral homes! Think about what movies and T.V. has taught us over the years... First responders (who transport to E.R.'s!) and those that cater to the recently deceased will be the first ones to go in when a Zombie outbreak happens!

It'll start like this... Medic gets on scene. "Hey EMT, this guys looks like hell, lets move!" "OH $H!T, EMT! LOST HIS PULSE AND THE SOB JUST BIT ME!" Arrive at E.R.: "Doc this guy had to be restrained after he bit me, can you take a look at this bite mark for m......BRAINS!"

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Did Cuthulhu make an appearance here yet?

cthulhurlyehrising.jpg

GaDawg

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 23, 2012
    Muncie
    It was just a simple question! :dunno:

In a small way kinda cool been posting on here and reading for awhile now and this is the first one that has cause such a fuss! :popcorn:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    See IC 35-47-11.1-4. -> Indiana Code 35-47-11.1

They can, and do, legally exclude you from carrying your firearm.
    I read that chapter, and saw nothing to do with signage at all.
    Am I missing something?
    unless there's a new law, as far as I know, signs do NOT "carry the weight of law". If they did, don't you think we would be hearing, constantly, of people being arrested in malls, and other "public" places?

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I read that chapter, and saw nothing to do with signage at all.
    Am I missing something?
    unless there's a new law, as far as I know, signs do NOT "carry the weight of law". If they did, don't you think we would be hearing, constantly, of people being arrested in malls, and other "public" places?
    They meet the guidelines of a location that is exempted from the law that prevents places from prohibiting you from carrying. I.e. the sign on their door that says no firearms permitted does, in this case, carry the weight of law indirectly.

Bunny is right that it's not the sign that makes it illegal for you to carry but the law itself - but saying that the sign, in this case, carries the weight of law is also not inaccurate because they can, and will, arrest you and put you in jail for carrying there [i.e. if you ignore this particular sign].

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Nothing in that code makes it illegal to carry there, it simply allows limited exceptions to have or enforce local policies which would otherwise be void.

ETA: Missed the post above which also clarified.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Nothing in that code makes it illegal to carry there, it simply allows limited exceptions to have or enforce local policies which would otherwise be void.
    Sure - the point is that they do have a policy against it and that policy, due to that exception, makes it legally enforceable.

So it does not directly make it illegal but it definitely doesn't make it not illegal and - in this case - it is illegal unless things have changed and I'm not aware of it.

I was trying to simplify this to avoid head-explosion-syndrome but I should have known INGO is picky. :)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom