• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Wish we would have had those options available when we were the land of plenty.
    I don't know about you, but I bought my first 3,000 square foot lakefront starter home for 7 raspberries and had 5 innocent virgin Salma Hayek lookalikes fighting each other to ride in my brand new Charger Daytona 426 Hemi that I bought with my first paycheck from bagging groceries at the local IGA. Land of plenty, indeed!

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I don't know about you, but I bought my first 3,000 square foot lakefront starter home for 7 raspberries and had 5 innocent virgin Salma Hayek lookalikes fighting each other to ride in my brand new Charger Daytona 426 Hemi that I bought with my first paycheck from bagging groceries at the local IGA. Land of plenty, indeed!
    Those 7 raspberries, were they 2 or 3 year old roots?
    If they were 3 year olds, that was a huge expense.

Did you cry about the huge expense on the AOL Chat Rooms?

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Like I said. Boomers just don't "get it" and never will.

And, lol at the fact that the secret is apparently just to get paid by other people's taxes, or to buy houses taken by the government and auctioned. "The secret ingredient is the government gave us stuff". Good for you guys, my generation's check must still be in the mail.

Wish I could say your homes will be cheap when you die, but you're all selling them to Blackrock to rent back to us before that happens.
    Far from a boomer here, still a few years from 40.

Just chose to work hard, always try to increase my income, and "try" to live within my means.

Last edited:

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

And, lol at the fact that the secret is apparently just to get paid by other people's taxes, or to buy houses taken by the government and auctioned. "The secret ingredient is the government gave us stuff". Good for you guys, my generation's check must still be in the mail.

Wish I could say your homes will be cheap when you die, but you're all selling them to Blackrock to rent back to us before that happens.
    cry.png

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana

Heres a secret, if you don't sell drugs and guns you wouldn't go to prison and get you home repossessed and then in a few years auctioned off. And bought for a song and a dance from us Boomers that live way below our income level.
    >Gov Auctions, It happens everyday in towns all across America.

I'm still waiting on what The Government has given me?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    GenX here. No idea what a Tide Pod tastes like.

:)
    Same, Gen X as well, and not sure what the govt gave me either, and how only women (vs men) got ruined, etc.

I don't recall blaming those who came before me when sledding got tough.

Trying to figure out if some folks here are being serious.

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Simple: They got in before women got ruined. Just like they got in before housing got ruined, before employment got ruined, before Mopar A-bodies got ruined, before CMP guns got ruined, etc etc. Everything was cheap and abundant and easy and the boomers just don't have the self-awareness or critical thinking skills to ask themselves why younger people can't achieve all the things that came to them so easily.

View attachment 356556

ca0ef80929bd8af86f6a9c61b521a387.png

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Well our wives didn't have the opportunity to make the kind of money they do now days on OnlyFans.
    That's the real cause of the housing cost inflation...

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Geez.. Any normally employed individual who makes reasonable sacrifices for family and to save money in a 401K will amass a significant amount of $ later in life. Yes I/We struggled thru the early years but bought a house and raised our kids. Fought thru wife's cancer and death then thru 2 kids in college. Now at almost 70, we have paid for our houses [I remarried] and are renovating our farm to retire in.
    What happened to delayed satisfaction ? Not everything is handed to you at an early age. Just because a rich set of parents do it to their children, the majority work for it. Heck, the rich parents WORKED for what they have, good for them!

Our 4 kids and 3 grandkids are working their way thru college or the early years of working/marriage. They will amass their $ at their own pace.

Don

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    And it cost what, $80,000?

Try new average home price $400,000+ at 8%. No amount of "just work harder kid" can beat 50% price increases in four years and 100% payment increases.
    The housing market is tough, no doubt. I keep hearing that $400K for average house quote everywhere. Look at the specs of the "average house" They are clearly upscale homes. (except for some crazy west and east coast areas) I would bet most of us do not live in an average home.

We could not afford an "Average house" in 1976 either. We had to search high and low for a starter home that was "good enough". Two and three bedroom 800 square ft slabs, usually not even having a garage. We bought them, fixed them up, paid a lot of interest, and had somewhere to live while we built equity.

I just sat down a month ago with someone who should have left momma's house years ago. I pulled up Zillow and there were 12 homes in the first 5 pages that were under $150K. eww, gross, eww, no garage, eww, small, ewww bad landscaping, eww too small of yard was the response. That is exactly what we went through, but we did not have any choice. But 5 houses later, I had the money to buy this one cash. I live in a $275 to $400 K neighborhood that is a desirable area,

This generation wants everything and are willing to put out nothing to get it. Very few of any generation could afford starting out in an "average" home.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom