• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Call me old fashioned but I'm not moving anyone into my house unless I care enough to marry them. Lots of crazies with excessive baggage out there but finding someone I have an emotional connection with seems near impossible these days but maybe I'm expecting too much..
    Not sure where I'm going to be without my dog but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, I'll leave that to the good Lord.
    I've been married for 31 years, and while it's been great, it's not something I'd feel the need to ever do again should something happen. I've said the same to my wife.

I just wouldn't see the need to intertwine things that much again at this stage in life.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Cheer up, lots of good dogs still out there!
    I'm simply a product of my experience and experience of those I know and trust. My son (34 years old) is having the same experience and he has a lot more going for himself.
    It's not sadness, simply disappointment that the the world has devolved to the point that most people are only concerned about No. 1. I'm just elated that it's easy to see the "takers" a mile away.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    I've been married for 31 years, and while it's been great, it's not something I'd feel the need to ever do again should something happen. I've said the same to my wife.

I just wouldn't see the need to intertwine things that much again at this stage in life.
    A very good friend said something similar to me several years ago.
    I wouldn't take a million dollars for my wife but at this point in my life if I lost her I wouldn't give a million dollars for another one like her.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    I'm simply a product of my experience and experience of those I know and trust. My son (34 years old) is having the same experience and he has a lot more going for himself.
    It's not sadness, simply disappointment that the the world has devolved to the point that most people are only concerned about No. 1. I'm just elated that it's easy to see the "takers" a mile away.
    It’s my experience that if you see someone at all they are a “taker”.
    It makes it easier to understand and cope though as we are getting what we deserve as a society. Too bad the very very few good people have to be included but that’s how it goes.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Posted earlier about my wife passing and dating in my 50's. The way it usually went was "Hi, nice to meet you". Then dinner at some neutral place. Talk about families and experiences while listening vey carefully. I had 2 girls in college so had to work and keep a disciplined attitude. Listen carefully for a hint of crazy. Usually became obvious quickly that something was not going to work, like one date after telling her about my daughters in college she said "Yeah, my son just got out of jail for drugs". Full stop and pleasant but hasty exit !!

Dated one lady who was divorced, 54, did iron man competitions, never had kids. She kept saying she wanted children but it was too late physically for her. Met my family lots over 9 months but just couldn't connect with the sacrifices you make personally for children. She was used to doing what she wanted whenever she wanted without considering family/children. While I was smitten with her I had to break it off and start again. Not afraid to admit it was difficult for me because I wanted some one with me.

As posted before it worked out better than I could have imagined . The point is keep going, stick to your goals and it will happen.

Don

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    This behavior is rapidly becoming common, normalized, and aggressively defended among women. Is it really any surprise the men they pursue won't commit anymore? 20x the expectations, to get women 1/20th as valuable as our grandmothers were.
    :toilet2:

I laugh when I watch YT videos where women are talking about men having to be like 6'4, make $600k per year, yada yada yada. Every single one is stumped when they're asked what they would bring to a relationship... :rolleyes:

I am coming up on 4 years since the old woman died. So far dating sounds like more trouble than it’s worth,

That's what I've decided. My second wife left me ~18 months ago and I started checking out a couple dating sites. Holy cow was that a horrid experience. Women my age out there who are single are insane. It's no lie when they say that women are getting more Progressive. Tons of profiles talk about no MAGA, hatred of conservatism, how they are "strong independent women", etc. Feminism has done its best to destroy western civilization.

INP8riot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2023
    Rockville
    It's horrifying to me that a woman can even entertain the idea of having sex with a stranger for an all paid trip, but I guess a lot of women consider that's what a relationship is anyway is having sex with someone for stability/benefits. Most no longer understand the Christian concept of saving sex for marriage in a way to solidify the relationship and making it stronger.
    Does it have to just be women? I'd like an all expenses paid vacation!

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Does it have to just be women? I'd like an all expenses paid vacation!
    I'm sure there's someone out there with some $$$ that would be all about that...

1jx2t5.jpg

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    I laugh when I watch YT videos where women are talking about men having to be like 6'4, make $600k per year, yada yada yada. Every single one is stumped when they're asked what they would bring to a relationship... :rolleyes:
    "What do you bring to the table in this relationship?"

"I am the table."

Society changes gradually, then all at once. We have reached the "all at once" stage of women flying off into leftist wonderland. I think in 20 years, demographers will pine for the birth rates of the early 2020s, when it still looked like having people in the future was a vague possibility.

Boy it sure is a historically awesome time to be a 6'4" finance bro in NYC, though.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    "What do you bring to the table in this relationship?"

"I am the table."

Society changes gradually, then all at once. We have reached the "all at once" stage of women flying off into leftist wonderland. I think in 20 years, demographers will pine for the birth rates of the early 2020s, when it still looked like having people in the future was a vague possibility.

Boy it sure is a historically awesome time to be a 6'4" finance bro in NYC, though.

It is heartening to see couples in church, living good, wholesome, traditional values. Outside of that everything seems to be a dystopic nightmare.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    Shouldn't thread title be Whoreafinding? It has been going on since the dawn of time I doubt that a new app is going to change anything about it. I wonder what percent of girls marry to get in a better position in life rather than love and commitment? Whats bottom line different in that compared to the app, sugar baby, etc?

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    When I was going to IU in the 80’s, I and two others were drawn in a contest for an all expense paid spring break give-away to the Bahamas. Before the final drawing, a week later, for the winner, an absolutely beautiful IU cheerleader in my dorm offered to be my “girlfriend for a week“ if I won the drawing and took her. She knew that I already had a girlfriend, but said her offer would be better. Sadly, one of the other two people won

WebSnyper

Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Shouldn't thread title be Whoreafinding? It has been going on since the dawn of time I doubt that a new app is going to change anything about it. I wonder what percent of girls marry to get in a better position in life rather than love and commitment? Whats bottom line different in that compared to the app, sugar baby, etc?
    On a "successful" marriage both people presumably get something from it. Who are we to say what it is that each person should get from it.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    On a "successful" marriage both people presumably get something from it. Who are we to say what it is that each person should get from it.
    I don't think my post had anything to do with judging any of this, only commenting how it is. Not how I think it should be or who should get what.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    So, I'm supposed to be surprised that there are women willing to have sex for money? There is a reason it is called the oldest profession. Heck same goes for young men and older rich ladies.

Hmmm I clicked on the article better delete my cookies for the hour. :tinfoil:

Top Bottom