• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ***Ironhead***

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Morgan county
    Thanks for the info, I'll reconsider my choice .
    I had bought the stuff in the picture below from my local Lowes, but maybe it isn't the best choice.
    View attachment 210240
    We had a similar sized nest in a soft maple above our mailbox. They got me two days in a row when I got the mail. Bought a two pack of the spray on the right got for four bucks, waited until 10 the second night after they stung me, and emptied can one. Did they same the next night and never saw another one.

Last edited:

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Would it hurt his paint or vinyl soffit? Just curious I haven’t heard of this being used in this application.
    There definitely is the possibility. I would probably test in a more friendly area if concerned with that.

Now I've hit painted wood areas with it and had no effect to the paint No vinyl on my house so can't attest to that

Hoosier Carry

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2012
    In the Woods
    I had bought the stuff in the picture below from my local Lowes, but maybe it isn't the best choice.
    View attachment 210240
    You don’t even have to spray a whole can on the nest. That is close enough to your door to step out and hit it with some spray and then get inside. The chemical from the spray will make them not want back in the nest. They will be gone in a day. Watch it from your window and you will be able to tell if they abandoned it.

This spring I was able to find a queen black faced hornet making a nest on my barn. I have had a battle with those for awhile. But by killing her I think I have stopped a new hive full of those little a-holes!

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I just went out and bought some foaming spray.
    I think I'll try it, AND use my bee suit with some extra thick clothing on over the top of it.
    I'll wait til after dark, and use my flashlight with the red filter on the lens.
    Hopefully I won't get the crap stung out of me.
    4ygy56u57.png

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I have found that brake cleaner is way more effective than any wasp spray I've ever used. It seems like it burns the wings right off them and they hit the ground.
    You forgot to hit the nest with some fire after fully saturated!

This was typed on my phone so for fu$& sake assume the entire above statement was writen in PURPLE!!!!

The sad part is that I even had to make that last statement these days.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Maybe AJ Foyt can offer you some advice.

I'd spray it with some bifenthrin. It has residual efficacy but limited knock-down power. You didn't say what you were going to spray it with, but a decent backpack sprayer pumped well can hit that nest from 30 feet away.
    Now that you remind me, I remember AJ getting the crap stung out of him awhile back.
    Through the years I've always tried to avoid being stung because I don't want to develop an allergy to it.

There was a guy in my hometown who kept bees as a hobby and he had gotten stung several times over the years.
    The doctor warned him he was building up an allergy to them and to always wear a protective suit when he was around them.

He ignored the doctor's advice and one day had one quick thing he needed to do with the bees and got stung ONCE.
    He went into a COMA and died in the hospital.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Now that you remind me, I remember AJ getting the crap stung out of him awhile back.
    Through the years I've always tried to avoid being stung because I don't want to develop an allergy to it.

There was a guy in my hometown who kept bees as a hobby and he had gotten stung several times over the years.
    The doctor warned him he was building up an allergy to them and to always wear a protective suit when he was around them.

He ignored the doctor's advice and one day had one quick thing he needed to do with the bees and got stung ONCE.
    He went into a COMA and died in the hospital.
    Wow, I thought it would work the other way. Exposures would increase his tolerance for it, never new you could increase the chances of allergic reaction by getting stung more times.

jerrob

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    Cumberland Plateau
    View attachment 210240
    The Spectracide is my weapon of choice, I get the red wasps at my build site and they're the most relentless bastards I've ever seen. Hit em good with that Spectracide and foam them up like you're gonna give them a $5 shave. The risdual EVIL in that foam discourages them from returning and rebuilding.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    Set a ladder up underneath it and then climb up and firmly grab the nest using both hands. Gently wiggle it back and forth and it should come loose relatively easy. To make it even easier you can use a bbq spatula to work under it to get it to break away where it's attached.

Please provide video if you should choose to try this method. :lmfao:

Top Bottom