• ...and so much more!
  • nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Checked this morning, and it's dead as a door nail.
    Scraped it down and it's sealed in an old plastic coffee can in the trash.

When I sprayed it at 11pm last night, I went out with it totally dark, with a flashlight with red film wrapping on it so they wouldn't see the light when I shined it on the nest.
    Sprayed for about 8 seconds into the hole best I could and covered the nest.
    THEN got out of there because it woke them up, I could hear the buzzing, and they were pissed! :cool:
    How in the world did you ever let it get that big in the first place ?
    Take care of it much sooner next time.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    How in the world did you ever let it get that big in the first place ?
    Take care of it much sooner next time.
    That's a fair question, and I will kill the nest as soon as they appear in the future.

Back in the early part of June when this nest was hardly noticeable I came down with Covid.

By the time I got over Covid, and hung around home til I tested negative, the nest had grown in size.
    But they still just minded their own business and weren't a problem.
    They ALSO had done a good job of driving the boring bees away from my fence.

It wasn't until a week or more ago it got big enough they were starting to get excitable and I feared somebody would get stung.
    So I got rid of it.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    That's a fair question, and I will kill the nest as soon as they appear in the future.

Back in the early part of June when this nest was hardly noticeable I came down with Covid.

By the time I got over Covid, and hung around home til I tested negative, the nest had grown in size.
    But they still just minded their own business and weren't a problem.
    They ALSO had done a good job of driving the boring bees away from my fence.

It wasn't until a week or more ago it got big enough they were starting to get excitable and I feared somebody would get stung.
    So I got rid of it.
    You did a great job once you got to it!
    Congratulations

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I used an LP torch/weed dragon. Broad daylight. Lots of protective clothing and then i burned the MFers to the ground. Caught the tree on fire but i killed them all. Scared the crap out of me but i held my stance.

For that one, I'd def do at night. Could use a tarp as a shield, drape it like a ghost. One arm has a big broom or something to knock down, other has spray. I'd be inside within five seconds of smacking it. Have someone on the door to let you in and enter backward, flinging tarp off you to block door entrance
    Or this... go big or burn down your home

Top Bottom