• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Kirk, what would happen if I shot a guy with 2 knives in the back 4-5 times?

Depends.

If you had reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death to yourself or others or you believe that the person would continue to be a threat to others, then it is self-defense.

Do we have an ME's report yet? Do we know Boyd was shot in the back, or do you just think that because it was suggested on INGO?

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well, APD killed again. More hearts and minds being won every day. The chief is a permanent fixture behind a podium explaining away all the bloodshed.

APD chief provides details on latest officer-involved shooting | ABQJournal Online

“They tried to say that he shot at them? They’re full of it. I saw the whole thing. He was no threat whatsoever,” -- witness

“It is the chief of police who is lying,” she said in tears. “How could the chief of police lie like that?”

Is this the one where the guy pulled a gun on two teenaged girls, and when police arrived, he came out of his home with a gun?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Depends.

If you had reasonable fear of serious bodily injury or death to yourself or others or you believe that the person would continue to be a threat to others, then it is self-defense.

Do we have an ME's report yet? Do we know Boyd was shot in the back, or do you just think that because it was suggested on INGO?

No because it looks like he was turned away from them bending over when they opened fire

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    It bears repeating:

Liberty Sanders said:
    I’ve been sitting here thinking back on my LEO career and I came up with maybe a half-dozen situations where I could have used deadly force and gotten away with it.

But I didn’t do it. It wasn’t my job to GET AWAY with killing people. My job was to kill people only if it was absolutely necessary.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    That's a good outlook to have... And it's there not a LEO on here that can't say the same. However none of us are members of APD, nor had to make the decisions those officers had to make in choosing to use the force needed to protect themselves. If you contention is that APD has a culture of intentionally wanting to shoot people if they can justify it, well based on the number shootings they've had over the years, there must be 3 or 4 officers, department wide.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    That's a good outlook to have... And it's there not a LEO on here that can't say the same. However none of us are members of APD, nor had to make the decisions those officers had to make in choosing to use the force needed to protect themselves. If you contention is that APD has a culture of intentionally wanting to shoot people if they can justify it, well based on the number shootings they've had over the years, there must be 3 or 4 officers, department wide.

I'm sure there are a lot more than 3-4 cops doing the shooting in Albuquerque. What are the common bonds? Training, and supervision. We know that the department shamelessly hires disgraced criminal cops, and then lies about not giving them badges and guns. We see the chief justifying every use of force that happens on his watch. We already know that cadets out there are trained with a "warrior mentality" and simultaneously deeply paranoid of death.

a01_jd_22mar_eden-400x297.jpg

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Do these guys shoot at their own shadows?

I guess we can expect this trend to gain more and more momentum if we define acceptable behavior based on whats currently "legally allowable". Had this happened in 1776... the townspeople would have burned this cops house to the ground.

Top Bottom