• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    So... 3 inch knife vs 12 inch knife.... means you'd wait the time for the 9 extra inches of blade length to pose a threat before defending yourself? I don't have Jedi reflexes like that. You should be a pod racer.

No. No, you're right. Clearly the answer is to wait until he turns away from me to comply and then shoot him right in the back.

slowG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 15, 2010
    Hard to believe a half dozen or so police officers couldn't detain a homeless guy with a pocket knife without use of deadly force. Justified or not I would just feel like a failure if it resulted the way it did.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Apparently its not a failure if you can convince the sheep that police have the right to escalate volatile situations and then exterminate with extreme prejudice as soon as the "right to do so" shows itself.

I expect more... and I don't need a broken judicial system to convince me otherwise.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Apparently its not a failure if you can convince the sheep that police have the right to escalate volatile situations and then exterminate with extreme prejudice as soon as the "right to do so" shows itself.

I expect more... and I don't need a broken judicial system to convince me otherwise.
    Police did not put a knife in each hand, THAT was the escalation.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It could be said that the police put the knives in the hands (figuratively) by causing the escalation of an known unstable individual when they chose to deploy the flash bang after it appeared that they finally gained a certain amount of trust over a 3 hour period and the situation seemed to be de-escalating to the point that the individual was picking up his things and made cooperative gestures.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Hard to believe a half dozen or so police officers couldn't detain a homeless guy with a pocket knife without use of deadly force. Justified or not I would just feel like a failure if it resulted the way it did.

Police aren't ninjas.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    In the 50 's it was ok for cops to arrest and beat pissed off blacks for refusing to ride in the back of the bus.

Public opinion can change norms and re-standardize acceptabilities.... I refuse to passively accept police overreach merely because a broken system can judicially rationalize it as "legal".

Which among you want to proclaim this outcome the benchmark standard? Who has the gall to look in the mirror and say "they did what they had to do to go home safe"?

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Well, APD killed again. More hearts and minds being won every day. The chief is a permanent fixture behind a podium explaining away all the bloodshed.

APD chief provides details on latest officer-involved shooting | ABQJournal Online

“They tried to say that he shot at them? They’re full of it. I saw the whole thing. He was no threat whatsoever,” -- witness

“It is the chief of police who is lying,” she said in tears. “How could the chief of police lie like that?”

nater30/30

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 8, 2013
    Grant County
    Even if they knew his ID and he was a "violent felon" going in, which I doubt, that much force was grossly excessive. Why do they even have dogs and bag guns? Just to torture wounded perpetrators? If they value the dog as much as a human than what's the point? Besides, them 'ole boys look pretty fit and I'm sure anyone of them could've took down that tub by hand. TJ Hooker wouldn't have gave a homeless guy with a pocket knife an M4 burst.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well, APD killed again. More hearts and minds being won every day. The chief is a permanent fixture behind a podium explaining away all the bloodshed.

So you think that shooting was unjustified too? Why is that?

I shall await the lapel cameras and see what they show.

Top Bottom