• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    This. The locker areas at Holiday World are very much public places (think "teeming masses"); I wouldn't want the gun to be seen at all, even when I take it off to put it in the locker.
    That's why, when I go, I usually carry a smaller gun in a funny pack holster. When I do need to remove it, no one is any wiser.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Cc is fine, just don't take them on the rides unless it is real secure. One of the customers had to ask maintenance to get it when it fell from a coaster.

Also they do have security, they just don't look like it. If you create a problem they will be on you quickly. You should be safe! If you hang out in the same area for about 20 minutes, and people watch, you'll spot them.

They are pro gun and be carefull when you are visiting! This has been a crazy year for insurance and we don't need anymore big losses....

Yet another reason Holiday World is better than that friggin disney place.

KeithR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    Guns are not Allowed

Bringing a gun into Holiday World will result in a ban from the park. Holiday World prohibits bringing a weapon into the park.

Keith Rickelman

Director of Security
    Holiday World & Splashin' Safari

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Bringing a gun into Holiday World will result in a ban from the park. Holiday World prohibits bringing a weapon into the park.

Keith Rickelman

Director of Security

Why not just prohibit crimes in the park? :dunno:

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Thanks Keith. I haven't yet been there, but after last years experience at emperors island.....We'll be checking out Holiday World this year. I have no further desire for my kids to be taken advantage of by illegal friggin' mexican'ts in their mid 40's working there. I also didn't appreciate the treatment we received by the loser reserve officers working security for them. Stay away from the 3 parks they own..one in cincy, one in Minneapolis and the big one in Sandusky....they will NEVER see another dime from my family.

ETA I actually worked for them (cedar fair) back in the '90s and know a bit about their hiring practices too....they go out of their way to hire foreign college students and gays. They get some sort of tax breaks. It seems last year they even went out of their way to find illegal aliens too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Keith Rickelman

Director of Security

Wow, a "Christian" owned company that is against it's Customers Rights..

My family was planning to visit this summer, time to look elsewhere

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville

Keith Rickelman

Director of Security
    Okay, but my gun isn't a weapon, just a tool. My mind and my hands are weapons, does that mean I can't come to holiday world? Can I take a weapon from someone already there since it's just the act of bringing it in that is prohibited? Come on, get with the program here.

USMC_0311

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 30, 2008
    Anderson

Keith Rickelman

Director of Security

Whats that movie? Catch Me If You Can :D

Seriously prohibiting crime in the park would be better. I carried last time I was there and no one got shot.;)

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

DarkRose

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    May 14, 2010
    Columbus, Indiana
    Wow, a "Christian" owned company that is against it's Customers Rights..

My family was planning to visit this summer, time to look elsewhere

My friend was talking about taking me and my son there this summer since I haven't been there since I was a kid...

Looks like I'll have to tell her we'll pass... I vote with my dollars when I can.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Whats that movie? Catch Me If You Can :D

Seriously prohibiting crime in the park would be better. I carried last time I was there and no one got shot.;)

Clearly, he meant to say "getting caught with a gun in Holiday World will result in a ban from the park."

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    My one visit to HW was great... they have some awesome roller coasters, and it's a clean place staffed by friendly folks.

Good luck finding an amusement park that doesn't have a no-weapons policy. That applies to most gun shops, as well.

That having been said, nobody is responsible for my own safety but me.

(BTW, they also ban cameras in your pockets or fanny pack on all but 4 rides. Unless they do patdowns on every ride, I doubt they enforce it.)

Top Bottom