• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tanfodude

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2012
    4 Seasons
    Any updates on this? Planning on going here. If they don't allow carry, I hope they can protect their customers if a lunatic does something crazy as we will be sitting ducks.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    This is a low crime area while the appearance of a “lunatic” can happen at any location I would say Holiday World is not a likely setting.
    The Santa Clause Police dept. appears to be a modern capable police force.

I would say you are far safer at Holiday World unarmed than going to dinner in Indy carrying a trench mortar.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Any updates on this? Planning on going here. If they don't allow carry, I hope they can protect their customers if a lunatic does something crazy as we will be sitting ducks.

No weapons allowed. Bag checks but no pat down or wanding. Since any time I go, I'm probably getting in the water it's one of the few places I don't carry.

The Santa Clause Police dept. appears to be a modern capable police force.

They aren't. It's a 4 man town marshal department. However they aren't the ones trained and equipped to respond. Spencer Co Sheriff's Dept and the nearby ISP post are, and while I don't have much "inside baseball" info they are trained, equipped, and capable.

I would say you are far safer at Holiday World unarmed than going to dinner in Indy carrying a trench mortar.

100% this. The layout of the park also makes bailing a viable option. It's surrounded by campgrounds, roads, and woods. If you're in the back of the water park a lot of it is a 4' fence jump to the wood line. Even if I were to be carrying, bailing through the woods or corn field is my family's option. We don't go barefoot at the water park, opting for water shoes.

In short, I'm not particularly concerned about an active shooter situation there. I've got better odds of winning Powerball then being there when something kicks off and being where I can't evac before the "something" gets to me. And we go a lot. Season pass holders, 15-ish days a year.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    BBI’s
    Capability to give a cursory evaluation of a Police force is far greater than mine.
    Here are my guidelines

1. Cars no more than 10 years old = modern
    2. Officers that appear to weigh less than 400lbs none older than 60 = capable

Note: If anybody needs evacuation from Holiday World once you run though the woods/cornfields PM me and I will come pick you up!

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Me and my family are going back to holiday world this weekend.

I know they don't allow carry, however has anyone been there in the past year to confirm they still don't have metal detectors? Too late in the year for swimming, so no worry there.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    I didn't have any problems carrying concealed there a couple weekends ago. No metal detectors. They were checking bags, but not people. They seemed pretty lax about everything.

I did see a few armed staff members/guards walking the park during our fun.

Top Bottom