• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Does anyone actually believe there are theme parks that openly allow firearms. Insurance for those places is probably sky high based on the rides they have. No insurance would EVER cover them knowing that they would allow firearms. I might not be right but it is what it is. Either write off ALL theme parks or concede to their rules.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    It's their house, their rules.

I take the kids there at least twice a year. I've never felt the need to carry there (stand in one place for 15 minutes and you will see a lot of security roaming) and with all of the water & rides it wouldn't be practical. I always just lock my EDC in the car before going in. I feel that there is more danger on the road than inside Holiday World.

As was pointed out in a previous post, name me an amusement park/ water park that allows weapons? I don't think they are out there.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Clearly, he meant to say "getting caught with a gun in Holiday World will result in a ban from the park."

Obviously. :)

Posting this from the Lake Rudolph campground... had two great days in the park, and getting ready for a third tomorrow!

On a related note, I do wish they would develop and/or clearly state a policy regarding hands-free "extreme sports" cameras like the GoPro Hero. I wore mine on the chest harness all day today; fine on some rides, but on others I was told I "had to" take it off. No reason given, no posted prohibition against it, just "you can't have it on the ride". :dunno: :xmad:

cowgirl.sdm

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 1, 2011
    Johnson County
    Ok guys this really makes me upset. I love this park. I have been the past two years with my son since my divorce and had a great time. I went to their web page and looked it up. Then I took action. I located their email address and left them a polite notice that I was disappointed when this was brought to my attention. I also informed them that there were many others who were upset. Please follow through and leave them a message if you feel the same way. Remember we want to make a change so don't do it hatefully. Some people are just uninformed or uneducated when it comes the the subject of guns. Here is there email address:

fun@holidayworld.com

Help me try to make a difference.

Last edited:

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    113   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    maybe we'll run into each other today! :D

Is there free wireless in the campground?

Obviously. :)

Posting this from the Lake Rudolph campground... had two great days in the park, and getting ready for a third tomorrow!

On a related note, I do wish they would develop and/or clearly state a policy regarding hands-free "extreme sports" cameras like the GoPro Hero. I wore mine on the chest harness all day today; fine on some rides, but on others I was told I "had to" take it off. No reason given, no posted prohibition against it, just "you can't have it on the ride". :dunno: :xmad:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    We went last summer for the first time, and will go again this year I'm sure. I was worried at 6'3 ,285 , I would expose my big fat beer belly and scare off the swimmers, but at Holiday World like many in Southern Indiana and Northern Kentucky, I was a little guy compared to many Bubba's and Suzy's who graced the pools and slides............this ain't South Beach and there ain't no shame in being "BIG" anymore, so I wouldn't worry about carrying anything other than a cup of free soda there.

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I was just looking for a place down here to take the family for the day...we'll go elsewhere.

A good move. For 8 years I have lived within 10 miles of Holiday World and have yet to go. Themeparks just aren't my gig and for my little family of five a small loan would be required for entrance. The place isn't cheap to get into, but, hay, you get "free" Coke, so I guess it's all good:D. I am glad HW is here though, they are a major employer in our area.

If anyone does make it down this way, there is a little Baptist church on SR 70 south of Santa Claus. Come on in, I assure you we are "pro-carry" and you might even get some backyard range time in with the pastor.:ingo:

phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    In all fairness to Holiday World in comparasion to other amusement parks, I doubt that any one would openly be supportive of the 2nd amendment. I am betting that all parks have a no weapons policy. Could be an interesting survey.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    I haven't been back since I had to BUY a shirt leaving the water park because my upper body had to be covered yet teeny boppers in bikini tops which was also strictly forbidden was allowed to leave the waterpark without buying an over priced shirt

Top Bottom