• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techno.m3

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I took 3 in 3 shots with a .243 on my last trip to Florida.

All ended up entering the spine area right behind the shoulder and they all dropped where they were hit. Not huge hogs though.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    This:
    1895G-in-45-70.jpg

closer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    indy
    Well if you're in Costa Rica can you own a gun there? I'd use a .20 or .12 gauge slug just to keep it 'sporting.'

Bert

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    Shelbyville
    Just got back from oklahoma hog hunt. see avatar. .458 socom puts the lights out. Knocks them off their feet , lays them down without a wiggle. 300 grain jhp

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    Panama why havent we gone yet? You need to tell that cheapskate boss of yours to let you have some time off so we can kill some BBQ! Those piggies arent gonna grill themselves!

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Panama why havent we gone yet? You need to tell that cheapskate boss of yours to let you have some time off so we can kill some BBQ! Those piggies arent gonna grill themselves!

I have an idea, you stop by the shop and kidnap me and him both!
    Then what's he gonna besides go along and enjoy the hunt and BBQ!

You know where the hogs are, let's get'er done!

We gotta go before you head out'a town, or your gonna have to hunt Texas Javelina's!
    Which would be fun, but I can't even get time off to drive down to Texas to hunt with you.

The Texas piggies are a little different than ones out on the Devils Backbone!

Javelina-tpwd.jpg

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Not sure he realizes these are domestic pigs gone feral, not the traditional Russian Boars. These feral pigs do huge amounts of damage...they will destroy a home garden in just a couple hours. Personally I am old aand slow...hate tracking...thhink I would just use Boomer, my 450 Alaskan. A 500 grain hardcast flatpoint at 2200 fps should anchor them pretty well.

4501.jpg

4502.jpg

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Bloomington
    now THATS a rifle!! That would definately do the trick. And yeah, there are "feral" pigs in indiana. Most of the hogs can be found in south central to southern Indiana. They havent really moved there way north yet. BUT dont let the feral part fool you, these hogs are definately wild and can be VERY big!

Last year i was hunting and saw two deer run past me at about 60 yards, and right behind them was about 8 hogs trying to run them down. They will eat ANYTHING, they mostly eat roots and worms out of crop fields, but they will also eat crops, dead animals, berries, nuts, whatever they can find. I have seen some HUGE hogs. My dad killed one about 4 years ago that weighed 450 lbs. and i missed one last year that was the absolute biggest hog i have EVER seen and it probably would have pushed 600 lbs.

Depends on who you ask, but different people will tell you different places where they "think" the hogs are. I didnt think the hogs had migrated north of the Bedford-Green County area, BUT a few months ago, i think it was last October, i was on highway 46 heading to Bloomington from Terre Haute. I drove just past the little town of Riley (about 15 minutes SE of Terre Haute) and i happen to notice that just to my right in a harvested corn field there was a pretty good sized Sow and 3 or 4 shoats (baby pigs no longer taking milk). These hogs were only 30-40 yards off the road so i know what i saw, but i was going 65-70 mph and i hit the brakes and did a double take to make sure i wasnt seeing things because i never thought hogs had worked their way that far north. If anyone has seen hogs North of Bedford or Greene County let us know!

Top Bottom