• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • endisnigh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indiana
    Hey everyone, I'm looking to get into the market for a new carry gun (recently sold my SW sigma .40), and I was just wondering if anyone has experiences they would like to share about the H&K USP in .40 or .45. I know it'll be an upgrade from the sigma no question, just wondering if anyone has had one and had any gripes about it. Thanks!
    -J :draw:

1032JBT

LEO and PROUD of it.......even if others aren't
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Noblesville
    Hey everyone, I'm looking to get into the market for a new carry gun (recently sold my SW sigma .40), and I was just wondering if anyone has experiences they would like to share about the H&K USP in .40 or .45. I know it'll be an upgrade from the sigma no question, just wondering if anyone has had one and had any gripes about it. Thanks!
    -J :draw:

While I have no exp with HK, you might check out the HK pron thread to get some names of HK lovers to ask.

Para45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2009
    USP .40 Compact here - LOVE it!! It's hard to pick my favorite between that one and my Sig P229 SAS...both are so nice!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Only downside that I found to the USP .45 was the size..... I went back to a 1911.

Its an HK = very accurate, ultra reliable, great finish etc....

endisnigh

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    Indiana
    I also own .40's in USPF and USPC, can't go wrong as they are awesome firearms. My only gripe is the trigger. Long and a little work to get used to.

how heavy is the trigger? I hated the sigma trigger, that's why i sold it. I can deal with a long pull, as long as it's not a 10lb trigger.

Agent 007

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    how heavy is the trigger? I hated the sigma trigger, that's why i sold it. I can deal with a long pull, as long as it's not a 10lb trigger.

It's about a 10 or 11 lb. trigger for the first DA shot. About 4 lb. in SA for each subsequent shot. You could carry it cocked and locked like a 1911 if you want, though. (Variant 1)

You can also buy a USP Compact with the LEM trigger, which is a light double action for every shot. I think it runs around 6 lb. or so, but smooth.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    I also own .40's in USPF and USPC, can't go wrong as they are awesome firearms. My only gripe is the trigger. Long and a little work to get used to.

That's why I traded my USP9f off. Even with the HK match trigger group, it was only OK. Without it, it was mushy and heavy with tons of overtravel.

That, and the safety was just oddly placed. Couldn't use a high thumb grip , that would occasionally decock it. Safety lever wasn't conducive to sweeping and establishing a low thumb grip quickly and smoothly either. At least for me. There are plenty of folks that don't have that issue, but I just prefer a weapon that fits me better ergonomically (a 1911)

Other than that, it was a good pistol. Accurate, reliable. It was a tad overpriced though.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    USPc 40S&W w/ LEM trigger. As far as I'm concerned the only thing that would make it better is if it was stainless. Other than that it's just fine.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    While I've never owned one, I enjoyed the USP .40 I shot a couple of mags through. I've considered buying one numerous times, but there always seems to be something else I need to spend my money on.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I've got an H&K USP .40 caliber. I did a lot of research on it and I have an H&K fetish. Its accurate, dependable, and sexy.

Not a gun I'd carry inside the belt. A little large for that.

It's grip is just a little coarse for my taste. It's literally like sandpaper on the sides. That's curable by buying a rubber ergonomic sleeve that slides around the grip. It feels much better.

I've found that when disassembling it, its just the slightest bit tough to get the pin out. I can't quite get a grip on it with my fingers, sometimes I help it with a tool. But H&Ks are reliable enough that you don't need to field strip them without your tools. Maybe its just mine.

Its an overall A+ gun in my book. These guns can take a beating and keep on firing. Gotta love Heckler & Koch.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I have been considering getting a H&K or a Sig. Never shot either one. For someone that has both how would you compare them.

Top Bottom