• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • izzygrace

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 5, 2009
    Carmel
    I have the 45 compact stainless. I purposely neglected to clean it for awhile, dropped it in the creek while four wheeling, found it a week later in the storage box on my quad. Took it to the range ran 100 rounds thru it. Didn't miss a lick. I call it my back anything up gun. It won't ever be for sale.

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    HK Opinion

Hey everyone, I'm looking to get into the market for a new carry gun (recently sold my SW sigma .40), and I was just wondering if anyone has experiences they would like to share about the H&K USP in .40 or .45. I know it'll be an upgrade from the sigma no question, just wondering if anyone has had one and had any gripes about it. Thanks!
    -J :draw:

I had both a .40 and .45 HK USP. The were nice guns, but weren't competitive (for me) in Steel Challenge or USPSA. If I were getting a full size carry gun (knowing what I know now), I would get a Glock, XD, or M&P because they're more common, cheaper, and easier to use in pistol shooting competitions. Good luck on your choice

junglerogue

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 20, 2009
    SAV, ELP, DFW, SBN,
    If you know someone with a metal framed carry gun (i.e. Kimber Ultra Carry II), it might be worthwhile to you to shoot it with your Sigma. When I bought my Kimber there was a big difference to me in "felt" recoil. Also, the trigger is no joke. But with anything, enough practice and time using the DA/SA, and it should become natural. I carried a USP Var1, but the department dictated we carry with the hammer down. Members of ERT even went as far as carrying with safety on. Not sure what the rationale was, possibly just preference. I still own a USP...definitely an addiction.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    I had a USP .40 and it was the most accurate handgun I ever shot. I used to shoot snapping turtles out of my pond from about 40 yards with it. The first time we were sitting on the porch and you could see a turtle floating aroung out there everybody starting laughing (including me!) when i grabbed that pistol, untill they saw a big brown explosion in the water! I ended up trading it off on a combo deal for a compact carry gun and a truck gun. I have smaller hands and the only complaint i had was the grip size was a little to large for me but i got used to that. They are pricey and way to big for me to CC but they are great shooters that will last forever.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom