• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    dude, lots of former military on that show...

Adam - Marine
    Andre - Army
    Blake - civ who trains SF
    Caleb - USCG
    Chris - full-time military and police firearms instructor
    Frank - LEO/SWAT - FBI-certified sniper
    Iian - British Army
    Mike - Marine
    Peter - Marine
    JJ - DHS
    Tara - Marine

There are only like 3 dudes not military or LEO background

yeah i know, im talking current military

if blake was my instructor, i would tie him over a ant hole on the ground

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    ....WOW! Adam's t-shirt makes me dislike him even more! Someone is trying too hard to let us know how good he is. :rolleyes: GIVE ME A BREAK. However, I could wear the "I love my AK" t-shirt...:laugh:

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Yeah, Pete (on the left) with I love my AK shirt was hilarious.

Adam can shoot pretty well, but the "dotting the I" sounded a little fishy to me. :D

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville

Adam can shoot pretty well, but the "dotting the I" sounded a little fishy to me. :D

SO thats why he calls you a RAT woot lol, you kept giving him **** about missing the target!!! HAHAHAHA

RFT.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    and just to be clear, my above comment about picking anyone for the show was directed at people like Adam among others.

I hope to see adam go bye bye if hes messin with our home boyeee Caleb!

I think he's too far up Iains arse to go too quickly. They probably spoon every Thursday.....Ranger should get that joke.

downrange72

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 3, 2009
    SW Indy/Camby/West Newton

He looked a little nervous and was quick to do the "I meant to do that." LOL..maybe the truth will come out someday.

I noticed a little more air time for our "Ingoer" :ingo::ar15:

Looks like a little drama coming up on the next episode

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I tried to like the show. It didn't happen.

I agree. The whole "survivor" format just sucks hind tit.
    The last show had them shooting at targets from memory. Looking at a set of targets for a short time, then shooting covered targets by memory, ala the game-show Concentration.
    While I agree this is a decent test of short term memory, it has little to do with real-world shooting scenarios.

I don't know a single sole that shoots at a target that they just got a glimpse of, and cannot see when they pull the trigger. To top that off, the "covered" targets were no more than about 25 yards, and they are using AR15's.

A 25 yard shot with a center-fire rifle is NOT much of a "shooting skills" test in my eyes.

The swinging plates were a good test of marksmanship, as well as the "zip-line" shooting. (I would really like to try that zip-line!)

I wish there was more "competitive shooting", and less drama.

I'm also not too keen on the team concept. Not everyone in the team competes (shoots) in every challenge, and the final outcome is based on a team score, NOT individual scores. So how does this determine the "Top-Shot"?

It is a show with shooting involved, which is nice, but the format prevents the objective from being reached.

This will turn out much like the survivor shows, based more on personalities, egos, and impressions, than any true determination of the "Top-Shot".

Just my opinion.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    The last show had them shooting at targets from memory. Looking at a set of targets for a short time, then shooting covered targets by memory, ala the game-show Concentration.
    While I agree this is a decent test of short term memory, it has little to do with real-world shooting scenarios.

No, but it does have a lot to do with acquisition and pressure. I'm sure a lot of folks could hit an 18" square from 25yds with an AR-15, but like another poster said, hitting 7 random squares out of 36, while NOT hitting 7 other random squares, in 20 seconds, might be a bit more difficult.

I don't know a single sole that shoots at a target that they just got a glimpse of, and cannot see when they pull the trigger. To top that off, the "covered" targets were no more than about 25 yards, and they are using AR15's.

A 25 yard shot with a center-fire rifle is NOT much of a "shooting skills" test in my eyes.

The swinging plates were a good test of marksmanship, as well as the "zip-line" shooting. (I would really like to try that zip-line!)

Truthfully, I see the zipline as less of a test than the AR-15 challenge. Unless you're an action movie hero, of course.

I wish there was more "competitive shooting", and less drama.

I'm also not too keen on the team concept. Not everyone in the team competes (shoots) in every challenge, and the final outcome is based on a team score, NOT individual scores. So how does this determine the "Top-Shot"?

Because an aggregate team score of 7 people will most likely be higher than the score of 4 people any day of the week. Let's take some dice, you roll 4, I'll roll 7, high score gets a buck. Not real fair, see. So, to even it up, some folks sit out. I do like that the opposing team gets to choose who sits out, though.

It is a show with shooting involved, which is nice, but the format prevents the objective from being reached.

This will turn out much like the survivor shows, based more on personalities, egos, and impressions, than any true determination of the "Top-Shot".

Just my opinion.

There's a slight difference in Survivor and Top Shot. If this were Survivor, Iain would have been gone Sunday night, no bones about it. Majority rules, there, and there is no shoot-off to save your bacon. The red team can vote Brad every week because he's a d-bag, but he can keep shooting his way out of elimination.

Think of this, Brad gets voted into the elim every week, but wins all those elims, all the way to the end. That would make a pretty good case for him being the top shot, eh? (please don't confuse this with rooting for Brad, if he gets knocked out next week, I'll be perfectly happy)

General comment on the 'more shooting, less drama' complaints....

If you only watch the shooting portion of Biathlon at the olympics, it'd get boring, quickly. "Ok, Tom steps up..bullseye. Now we see Bob sighting..bullseye Oh, look, Joe just nicked the 9-ring, boy that'll cost him." Picture watching baseball on TV where every batter hits a home run, your only hope of not ending in a tie is one guy having an ill wind keep his ball in the park.

Part of the draw is getting 16 guys, well 15 guys and one gal, who are absolute king stud at what they do and throwing them into a sealed system for a month, where their only interaction is with each other and their only activity is competing with each other. That'll cause flareups every time.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

Mg, look at it this way: reality shows are popular. Many potential viewers are familiar with the format.

Thus, Top Shot is simply a reality show with guns--a great stalking horse for agitprop for our side.:D People will see decent, normal fellow citizens enjoying safe firearms use and think "hey, shooting looks like fun. Maybe I should try it."

Once they try it they are hooked and we win. Even if they don't buy a gun, shooting becomes "normalized."

Now, name a viable anti-gun reality show.;)

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    If it wasnt 4th of july i would love to. I will be getting into it, like we talked about.

Then I will have a right to make fun of them? :)

LOL, no... you've already earned the right to make fun of them ;)

But, you will get a better understanding of just how badazz a few of those guys are at their game :D

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Mg, look at it this way: reality shows are popular. Many potential viewers are familiar with the format.

Thus, Top Shot is simply a reality show with guns--a great stalking horse for agitprop for our side.:D People will see decent, normal fellow citizens enjoying safe firearms use and think "hey, shooting looks like fun. Maybe I should try it."

Once they try it they are hooked and we win. Even if they don't buy a gun, shooting becomes "normalized."

agreed, this show isn't so much about us as it is showing others that shooting is as dangerous as the brady bunch makes it out to be.

6birds

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2008
    Fishers
    agreed, this show isn't so much about us as it is showing others that shooting is as dangerous as the brady bunch makes it out to be.
    That's why they're shooting Beretta 92's instead of the Glocks, they don't want the public to see the big KA BOOM!

Just in the last two weeks, I've had two friends ask if they can "tag along" the next time I go for a pistol or carbine class.

These are guys that have known me for 6-9 years, and never shown much interest, other than a trip once or twice a year to shoot with me.

If that can happen a few thousand times to all the "new" gun owners we picked up since the 08 gun buy-up scare, then hell, we're gonna win this fight in the long run. If this show gets just a few more shooters going, black powder, bow or otherwise, that's a pretty cool thing!

Caleb, keep 'em going, we're with you all the way.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville

Yea but they are going to expect those nifty exploding targets and be like "WTF why didn't it blow up like they showed on Top Shot, I bought that same gun they used!"

Top Bottom