• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    In the elimination, i noticed jim got screwed. A blue target was moving perfectly behind his orange. There was nothing he could have done to miss that target.

Yeah, he definitely did get screwed... they were right together the whole time. I guess that kind of stuff happens, but it sucks to not see a more fair challenge.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    AHAB: I just wanna know if the shows producers paid for the truck load of MIDOL for the red team to take daily or did the red team have to provide their own MIDOL??

i thought Jim was a class act! I would have loved to see the lady go home. I think she has been weak from the beginning.

dudish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 27, 2010
    I cant get over the fact that they turned this excellent concept into a survivor style reality tv show. As if im not forced to watch enough biggest looser, dancing with the stars, american idol, bachelor/bacheloret ... and now this is in the same category. I have officially disconnected the cable in my gun room.

OEF5

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Mooresville
    I liked this episode, it seemed like a very dificult challenge. No one has mentioned the way Pete shot and baisicly said screw you blue I didn't miss. Along with the comment "I'm a Marine I know what my mission was and I did it".

Good thing for him that he did :)

I have to say that I saw right off that that blue target was right behind the red one, but the camera appeared to be not on the center line with the target. Jim may have never seen that it was there.

Looks like Caleb gets called a RAT next week, it's either him of Blake. This is going to be a good one! Gotta love TV editing.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I cant get over the fact that they turned this excellent concept into a survivor style reality tv show. As if im not forced to watch enough biggest looser, dancing with the stars, american idol, bachelor/bacheloret ... and now this is in the same category. I have officially disconnected the cable in my gun room.
    I am NOT FORCED, to watch anything, I have over 100 channels, to
    choose from, and I CHOOSE what I want to watch..... :twocents:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I finally watched this last night. What a waste of time. 30 minutes of whining, 5 minutes of shooting, and 25 minutes of commercials. Sounded more like an MTV "reality" show than anything else.

Disappointing....

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I finally watched this last night. What a waste of time. 30 minutes of whining, 5 minutes of shooting, and 25 minutes of commercials. Sounded more like an MTV "reality" show than anything else.

Disappointing....

yeah its not that great true. I would realy like to see more shooting. I will watch it to the end to support a fellow Hoosier and INGO member. I will be suprised if theres a second season. Colby is a boring host too.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    You guys need to HTFU and quit whining about it being a "reality" show. Don't watch it if you don't like it.

If it introduces shooting to more kids and pisses of the Brady bunch, I'm all for it.

Gotta love the super slo-mo HD cameras and blowing sh*t up with tannerite :rockwoot:

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Technically, it's 15 minutes of commercials. :D

Thought the voting was stupid, should have been Jim and Tara.

I actually agree with this - like you could see in the episode, I wasn't entirely on board with the whole Iain vs. Jim strategy that the team had cooked up. I realized early on that anyone can have a bad day, and that the producers were REALLY good at coming up with challenges that equalize our skill sets. And look - Jim almost tied Iain, which felt good on a personal level because it validated my concern about the voting process.

HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    And look - Jim almost tied Iain, which felt good on a personal level because it validated my concern about the voting process.

Actually, in my opinion Jim did tie him. That blue target was swinging in line with the red one from the instant they let them go. There was nothing Jim could do to win this challenge. He did exactly what he needed to do, and all that he could do. I'm not sure if he saw the blue target behind the red, but either way it didn't matter. Maybe it was the luck of the draw (or luck of the swing.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have only caught episodes 1 and 4. I have some catching up to do. I did like the AR challenge on the new episode. Jim got screwed big time. I also agree that Tara should have been in the elimination. Eian is cocky which I hoped would have been his undoing.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    yeah its not that great true. I would realy like to see more shooting. I will watch it to the end to support a fellow Hoosier and INGO member. I will be suprised if theres a second season. Colby is a boring host too.

I'd have rather seen it do a true Top Shot and up hold the hype. Team against team is OK but shooting isn't a "team" sport except maybe with a sniper and spotter type situation. An aggregate type scoring with all shooters shooting all types of weapons in every show would have been better instead of the "MTV does Lord of the Flies with guns".

Then it would have lived up to Top Shot instead of whine of the back shooter.

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    Actually, in my opinion Jim did tie him. That blue target was swinging in line with the red one from the instant they let them go. There was nothing Jim could do to win this challenge. He did exactly what he needed to do, and all that he could do. I'm not sure if he saw the blue target behind the red, but either way it didn't matter. Maybe it was the luck of the draw (or luck of the swing.

I agree; you'll find that becomes a recurring theme for me, that at this event anyone can beat anyone. Just because JJ and Blake are far superior pistol shooters to me doesn't mean they can throw a tomahawk or shoot a blah blah better. That's why I felt, and still do that it should have been skill vs. skill and that Iain was taking way too big a risk by nominating himself.

youngda9

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    I don't agree with all of the people complaining about the show format. This is television folks, they have to do something to entice viewers...especially people on the fence or not sure about shooting.

The inter-team bickering is exactly what television producers "shoot" for(see how I did that). If there were no personalities exposed, due to the circumstances these people are placed in, then we really wouldn't have much to talk about(we wouldn't be on post #415 right now).

If watching pure shooting were so much fun then we would all be sitting in our lawn chairs watching the local matches every weekend. Better yet, they would have to install bleachers at every match, haha.

I'm glad to see that Caleb got so much more air time last night...but the first thought that comes to mind is that they are building him up to get more exposure in the near future...like he might end up in the challenge round in the near future or something...

Last edited:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    what gets me is of a shootin' show not 1 firearms,bows,knife or any other thing to do with shootin' commercial i have seen in the 4 shows....but i have dishnetwork...so i guess there could be some on cable or direct....and more shootin' would be good...

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    yep i agree. judging on past TV show editing language, it looks like Caleb is in trouble and gonna have to prove himself in the next episode maybe, or go home. I like Calebs reasoning and attitude on the show and I hope he can hold out.

WTF was up with kellys shooting???? was he shooting at passing birds in the practice round?

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    yep i agree. judging on past TV show editing language, it looks like Caleb is in trouble and gonna have to prove himself in the next episode maybe, or go home. I like Calebs reasoning and attitude on the show and I hope he can hold out.

WTF was up with kellys shooting???? was he shooting at passing birds in the practice round?

ROTFL, Kelly wasn't the only one missing those black and white plate or shooting the wrong color either. Several of the hotshots were doing their spray and pray routines.

That would be a real buzz kill, if Caleb gets shot in the back in one of these clique ambushes. Might as well flip over to Road Rules or America's Top Model. Better scenary, same "strategy" sessions.

Last edited:

Ahab

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Fishers, IN
    I am kind of bummed about the practice. I cleaned the plates with no mikes and no friendlies hit, and they didn't even show it!

Real sad.

Kcustom45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I am kind of bummed about the practice. I cleaned the plates with no mikes and no friendlies hit, and they didn't even show it!

Real sad.
    Yeah my wife was very upset that we didn't get to see you shoot during practice. I will be sure to pass along how well you did.

And it should go without saying, but we are both rooting for you!

Top Bottom