• ...and so much more!
  • 2in1evtime

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.5%
    64   1   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    retired-midwest
    i have a newer 4595 {45 acp} and love shooting it, never a malfunction with any loads so far even lead reloads shoot great. tried it a 100 yards and had a 9 inch drop not bad on carbine. get one you will like it. i also found 14 round mags for mine.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I just bought one of these off gunbroker. Can't wait to get it and try it out! I reload 45 acp anyhow, so it won't cost much more to feed than the 9mm version and well... it's 45 acp! :): The one I got comes with 3 mags, but I think I may pick up a couple of the ProMag 14 rounders. I'm thinking with a rail mounted light and pressure switch it would make a pretty decent little HD gun too. I'll see how I like the factory sights, but may pick up an inexpensive red dot too.

wlr2

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I'm resurrecting this thread because I just bought one of these off gunbroker. Can't wait to get it and try it out! I reload 45 acp anyhow, so it won't cost much more to feed than the 9mm version and well... it's 45 acp! :): The one I got comes with 3 mags, but I think I may pick up a couple of the ProMag 14 rounders. I'm thinking with a rail mounted light and pressure switch it would make a pretty decent little HD gun too. I'll see how I like the factory sights, but may pick up an inexpensive red dot too.
    Get a light. Factory sights are dead on. I love shooting that carbine. Everytime I take it out people ask me what it is and if they can shoot it.
    I have put about 300 or so down the pipe and every single one went where I wanted it to go. No FTL, FTF, or FTE.
    It is an ugly rifle, but it is a great shooter. If you can't hit your target, you can just beat them with the rifle is all else fails.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Get a light. Factory sights are dead on. I love shooting that carbine. Everytime I take it out people ask me what it is and if they can shoot it.
    I have put about 300 or so down the pipe and every single one went where I wanted it to go. No FTL, FTF, or FTE.
    It is an ugly rifle, but it is a great shooter. If you can't hit your target, you can just beat them with the rifle is all else fails.
    I just picked it up after work today. I think I'm gonna have a lot of fun with it! And I actually like the stock sights now that I've seen them, so I'm in no hurry to get a red dot just yet. I'll put pics up tomorrow. :D

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    I saw one with a holder on the Butt stock to hold 2 extra magazines, any one have one of those???? Are they comfortable to use??? do the extra magazines tend to get in the way when shooting???

Last edited:

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    I saw one with a holder on the Butt stock to hold 2 extra magazines, any one have one of those???? Are they comfortable to use??? do the extra magazines tend to get in the way when shooting???

This is the way mine is. Don't even notice the mags on the stock. I didn't even know it was coming that way and with the two extra mags when I ordered it. Paid $329 plus shipping and $10 FFL fee.

Matt

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    Thanks for the link! I've bookmarked it. I was already considering those and I'm glad to hear they worked for you.

You bet. You're going to be surprised I think at how soft spoken both in sound and recoil this gun is. I've had all 3 calibers and the 45 is the quietest and very gentle on the shoulder.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Here are some pics...

IMG_2547_zps9dc8b94c.jpg

IMG_2545_zps77846418.jpg

Here are the only real wear marks. I guess not even Hi-Points are immune to "idiot marks". :):

IMG_2546_zpse34322b1.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You bet. You're going to be surprised I think at how soft spoken both in sound and recoil this gun is. I've had all 3 calibers and the 45 is the quietest and very gentle on the shoulder.

That's kind of what I'm expecting. For such a small gun it's got some weight to it, and that coupled with the springs in the butt stock would seem to keep recoil to a minimum. DoggyMama might like shooting this one! :)

Now I understand that the rails aren't mil-spec. Any tips on mounting optics or a light? (Besides duct tape :):)

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    I was thinking I'd try to build a .45 AR...and then I ran across this little beast. I love mine and I shoot out of the box better than any gun I own.I have absolutely zero training of any kind but anything I line up these sights on will catch a bullet.I'm a budget guy a budget arsenal,but this is my favorite shooter.Also,there's a mod out there that will allow it to take 1911 mags,so if you carry a 1911 like I do it's a huge plus.

You and DoggyMama get a good set of ear plugs/muffs and a 100rd value pack of WWB and have a blast.

Ruffnek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    That's kind of what I'm expecting. For such a small gun it's got some weight to it, and that coupled with the springs in the butt stock would seem to keep recoil to a minimum. DoggyMama might like shooting this one! :)

Now I understand that the rails aren't mil-spec. Any tips on mounting optics or a light? (Besides duct tape :):)

Panther XP2 on Amazon.Great cheap light that I have mounted on mine,right under the front sight to line up with the end of the barrel.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana

My light came from HP , but these are showing out of stock now. I never have tried optics , have always been more interested
    in keeping weight and clutter to a minimum on mine but I think normal weaver scope mounts will work.
    My 4595 worked fine with Tula and the Federal Champion 100rd bulk pack ammo ( $37.97 @ Wally) and as far as the Promags causing damage this is a claim made by HP. However tho' I have seen posts on the two dedicated HP forums regarding poor function of the Promags by users I've never seen one citing damage. If you go with the Promags I'd try this..... fire the gun and when the mag is empty remove it. If the bolt stays back you'll know the LRBHO is retaining the bolt and not that the mag follower was ( as HP says is the case) . Also keep in mind that the PMs extend several inches and do change the gun's handling a good deal. The older model carbines in 9mm lacked a LRBHO and when empty with a Promag the bolt will slam into the follower quite violently. Promag also is said to have revised the mag followers regarding HP's claims.
    It's interesting to note that while Promag has long made several models of magazines for various HP guns ( and is HP's only competition here) these have always been poor sellers and there was never any claim of PM's causing damage by HP.......... until the extended models came out which sold/sell quite briskly.

All that said while my PMs did work well I did not care for the extended length, found them cumbersome so sold mine before trading the 4595 here on INGO.

Notalentbum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Indy westside
    Earlier I said the mags on the stock cause no interference. I got mine out just to be sure. With the butt of the mags to the rear like they are supposed to be, the outside mag is completely out of contact. With my trigger hand on the pistol grip, I can't make any contact with it. On the inside mag, depending on how you hold the rifle, the butt of the mag may touch your shoulder/chest. With my normal stance, it does not make any contact with me.
    So, can they interfere? Yes, but not under normal circumstances.
    Thinking about this is giving me the urge to go shoot. May have to take a short break later and do just that!

Matt

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Three words .. Friday Night Steel. Bring her out we need more PCR shooters.

Top Bottom