• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Doubtful; too likely to cause long term problems.

Before you would ever consider that costly of an antibiotic on a horse though it would have to be a horse capable of winning a race or producing quality offspring, ya know offering value in some way.

I'll leave it to you as to how that applies here.

Well, winning the race is yet to be seen but I think there is some doubt about the quality of Hillary's offspring.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    it's generic now and should be $10 or so

Doubtful; too likely to cause long term problems.

Before you would ever consider that costly of an antibiotic on a horse though it would have to be a horse capable of winning a race or producing quality offspring, ya know offering value in some way.

I'll leave it to you as to how that applies here.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Wait, the article says the statement called it a noncontagious bacterial pneumonia, but just a day ago we were fed the line that her campaign staffers had caught her pneumonia weren't we?
    It's hard to keep your truths straight when you try too hard to make them true.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Wait, the article says the statement called it a noncontagious bacterial pneumonia, but just a day ago we were fed the line that her campaign staffers had caught her pneumonia weren't we?

That's going on the idea that ANY of this stuff is to be believed. The information is put out by one sole doctor that we know nothing about other than she is employed by the Clintons (maybe the Clinton Foundation?)

I think it's questionable whether she really even has pneumonia. Or that's just the most applicable cover story.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Does the Scooby van have a wheelchair lift in it?

Just a couple of burley Secret Service chicks that look like Velma.

how-to-draw-velma-from-scooby-doo_1_000000000279_5.jpg

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    That's going on the idea that ANY of this stuff is to be believed. The information is put out by one sole doctor that we know nothing about other than she is employed by the Clintons (maybe the Clinton Foundation?)

I think it's questionable whether she really even has pneumonia. Or that's just the most applicable cover story.

Certainly there are unethical, paid-for docs (like Michael Jackson's doctor) but a successful internal medicine doc is likely to have some pride in her work. Her letter doesn't necessarily include everything. But she does say Hillary is in good health (btw, not typically an overall assessment with a physical exam and not something you put in a medical record).
    If she were lying about the pneumonia or leaving out a major illness like Parkinson's, she would be risking her medical license. Even if she were being paid enough to never work again, it's not likely a doc wants that kind of shaming.

I find the idea of a CT scan for a cough a little odd, but after the first antibiotic didn't work it was prudent to check for other problems, including cancer. I'm not at all suggesting it IS cancer. I'm just saying that it was wise to check when there wasn't a response to the first antibiotic.

The letter doesn't say Hillary does not have any undisclosed conditions; the campaign said that. The letter said she has no new conditions since her last exam (other than the mentioned ear, sinus, and lung infections). But the doc does seem to think she is fit enough to keep working, so she is sticking her neck out a little bit there.

Normally a physical is about discussing a patient's ongoing regular and preventative care, not about giving you a pass/fail. When there is a "pass" it usually states something like "I see no reason this kid can't play basketball". Note that "I can't find a problem" is a legally safer thing to say than "there are no problems". The usual reason for avoiding a statement like "healthy" is that a patient might 3 mo later find out they have cancer, and blame/sue the doc for not getting them early treatment. Obviously in this case that is unlikely. HRC doesn't want anything else found, even if it's there.

dusty88

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 11, 2014
    United States
    Medically speaking, there is actually some sense to the conflicting statements. HRC had a cough, presumed upper respiratory infection (might also be referred to as a flu; it's not like flu is usually tested for each time). That's actually how a case of opportunistic pneumonia is likely to start. Other people got better. She's an elderly overworked hateful person whose immune system probably got pushed to the limit and she contracted pneumonia.

But yeah if the campaign had been honest to begin with (we've all had a flu, now she has pneumonia, she needed to skip the fundraisers last weekend and get better), they wouldn't be trying to sneak in caveats now that keep confusing everyone.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Forget the stairs, watch the video where she exits reality and her guards and the medic dude have to come on stage and snap her out of it. That is no sh.. scary to me.

Did you not also see her Secret Service detail rush in front of her? I suspect she was rightly focused on a potential threat in the crowd.

GWB has the same "stare" in the infamous Iraqi shoe-throwing incident.

Top Bottom