• ...and so much more!
  • dnurk

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 20, 2012
    Boone County
    Loading just fine for me now. Seems they are back up again.

The problem is YouTube and Googleplus use algorithms to identify problems with content violations. They allow channels to be pulled automatically and then have humans review if the channel owners complain. I'm sure when it was reviewed and out back up the first time the person handling it simply didn't do any work to "fix" the algorithm and how it flagged Hickocks channel.

No conspiracy here folks. YouTube is all about making money and a channel with 1.8 million subscribers means tons of clicks and ad views. They want to keep all of those.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    They would target him precisely because he is even keeled and grandfatherly. He is the type who can reach the fence sitters and actually make a difference. The Yeager types are going to drive new people away, so why bother attacking them? The second outage of his channel is suspicious. Remember the old military saying: Once is coincidence, twice is enemy action. That said, I would expect things to be a little more widespread and I haven't made up my mind what is causing the terminations. This may be a single anti with an axe to grind or it could be an ongoing technical issue, I just don't think it is totally tinfoil to think there could be malice involved. I'm open to all possibilities at this point - more evidence is needed.

It is run by a big company... is it that far fetched to believe it is just some programmatic process that is rooted in incompetence. I work for a big company, and I see it every day. Tons of process, tons of automated "criteria", with very few people empowered to actually make things right, when something happens. My guess, as others have stated, there is some algorithm that happens automatically, or if there is some conspiracy, it is possibly someone outside with an agenda flagging his content (which could be), but I doubt it is some conspiracy by Google/Youtube, who are out to funnel as much money into their own pockets as possible.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    My guess, as others have stated, there is some algorithm that happens automatically, or if there is some conspiracy, it is possibly someone outside with an agenda flagging his content (which could be), but I doubt it is some conspiracy by Google/Youtube, who are out to funnel as much money into their own pockets as possible.

Umm, isn't that basically what I said? Also, as Leadeye wisely says, "Always follow the money."

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'm watching Hickok45's latest video (starting around 5:20min) and he is talking about increasing difficulty with social media and YouTube in particular. He isn't optimistic about being able to stay on YouTube long-term and has setup shop on Full30 as well if/when he gets knocked off of YouTube permanently.

307SD

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2016
    Down by the river.
    I'm watching Hickok45's latest video (starting around 5:20min) and he is talking about increasing difficulty with social media and YouTube in particular. He isn't optimistic about being able to stay on YouTube long-term and has setup shop on Full30 as well if/when he gets knocked off of YouTube permanently.

Thanks for the update. I like Hickok. He tends to ramble from time to time, but hey, don't we all.

Top Bottom