• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I really find that doubtful. YouTube has no viable competitors. And it's not like the people who complained, in light of all the other firearm-related content, would abandon the site. They made a mistake and corrected it, that's all.

^^THIS^^

All the paranoid talk is cracking me up. If there really was a big across the board conspiracy ALL gun channels would be down. Either an administrative error somewhere Youtube/Google side or perhaps on Hicock's side. I'm sure we all can relate to similar issues with an account somewhere we have had!

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I really find that doubtful. YouTube has no viable competitors. And it's not like the people who complained, in light of all the other firearm-related content, would abandon the site. They made a mistake and corrected it, that's all.

Well. Apparently they made the same "mistake" again.

Kind of like when a criminal defendant carjacks someone, and at sentencing expresses regret for his "mistake."

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Last edited:

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

There are a ton of crazy talk channels on YouTube, some with firearms self trainers some non firearm related. Yet Hicock is the only one (well known anyway) that has had some issues this week. Not really buying that hype.

Now if in a week or two several dozen gin channels get taken down then maybe there is a more sinister plot. I'll believe that when I see it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    There are a ton of crazy talk channels on YouTube, some with firearms self trainers some non firearm related. Yet Hicock is the only one (well known anyway) that has had some issues this week. Not really buying that hype.

Now if in a week or two several dozen gin channels get taken down then maybe there is a more sinister plot. I'll believe that when I see it.

Yeah, it's not some sort of liberal plot. Hickok never plays politics, he just reviews guns. There a ton of other people that they could target. For some reason, I don't the grandfatherly, even keeled, soft spoken guy is going to raise many flags, compared to tattooed, profanity spewing, baldies, who make threatening rants on their channels.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Yeah, it's not some sort of liberal plot. Hickok never plays politics, he just reviews guns. There a ton of other people that they could target. For some reason, I don't the grandfatherly, even keeled, soft spoken guy is going to raise many flags, compared to tattooed, profanity spewing, baldies, who make threatening rants on their channels.

Falsifying test: if Yeager is still online, and Hickok is not, then the issue is probably not political in nature.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Falsifying test: if Yeager is still online, and Hickok is not, then the issue is probably not political in nature.

I'm just saying, odds are, if you were a gun hating liberal, who would you target first? Outside the gun community who knows who Hickok is, honestly. I've never seen him anywhere but YouTube. JY on the other hand.....
    Not to mention all the other channels on YouTube that liberals (by the INGO definition) would hate: racial supremacist, anti-abortion, evangelicals, etc.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I'm just saying, odds are, if you were a gun hating liberal, who would you target first? Outside the gun community who knows who Hickok is, honestly. I've never seen him anywhere but YouTube. JY on the other hand.....
    Not to mention all the other channels on YouTube that liberals (by the INGO definition) would hate: racial supremacist, anti-abortion, evangelicals, etc.

We'll see. The second termination seems very odd indeed.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon

Note: in case it wasn't obvious in my pre-caffeinated state: I was agreeing with you. :)

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around

They would target him precisely because he is even keeled and grandfatherly. He is the type who can reach the fence sitters and actually make a difference. The Yeager types are going to drive new people away, so why bother attacking them? The second outage of his channel is suspicious. Remember the old military saying: Once is coincidence, twice is enemy action. That said, I would expect things to be a little more widespread and I haven't made up my mind what is causing the terminations. This may be a single anti with an axe to grind or it could be an ongoing technical issue, I just don't think it is totally tinfoil to think there could be malice involved. I'm open to all possibilities at this point - more evidence is needed.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN

As I don't agree on much of what you say in other threads I can agree with you on this. It took me till about 6 months ago to stumble on Hickok and his straight forward gun reviews. I figure I'd ask a few guys a work who talked guns if they seen him and they never did either, but once I got the ball rolling they became followers of him.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    (Hand over heart)... "Elizabeth, I'm coming to see you"

Kut (had no idea what a falsifying test was, obviously)

If the hypothesis is "X", then the falsifying test is, "If Y, then not X". Standard part of the Scientific Method. So, in this case, the hypothesis is, "Hickok's YouTube channel was terminated for political reasons."

Since Yeager (not to mention, any number of more politically active firearms reviewers) is still active on YouTube, it is not true (or, at the very least, highly doubtful) that Hickok, who is apolitical in his videos, had his channel terminated for political reasons.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If the hypothesis is "X", then the falsifying test is, "If Y, then not X". Standard part of the Scientific Method. So, in this case, the hypothesis is, "Hickok's YouTube channel was terminated for political reasons."

Since Yeager (not to mention, any number of more politically active firearms reviewers) is still active on YouTube, it is not true (or, at the very least, highly doubtful) that Hickok, who is apolitical in his videos, had his channel terminated for political reasons.

Ha! I learned something new. Thanks for the explanation........ nerd, lol.

Kut (will probably get an infraction, when somebody reports the "insult")

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    They would target him precisely because he is even keeled and grandfatherly. He is the type who can reach the fence sitters and actually make a difference. The Yeager types are going to drive new people away, so why bother attacking them? The second outage of his channel is suspicious. Remember the old military saying: Once is coincidence, twice is enemy action. That said, I would expect things to be a little more widespread and I haven't made up my mind what is causing the terminations. This may be a single anti with an axe to grind or it could be an ongoing technical issue, I just don't think it is totally tinfoil to think there could be malice involved. I'm open to all possibilities at this point - more evidence is needed.

:yesway:

And he's back up for now. Trifecta anyone?

Top Bottom