• ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Delmar
    Well i spent some time on the HP forum and other places and did alot of reading. I went to the Crown Point gun show yesterday. I found a dealer dealing with HP and looked at them. I explained to the dealer that i had surgery on my hands and wrists and bad Arthritis in them. I was looking at the 45ACP and he asked if i wanted to carry and had a permit. I told him yes and he said ok First the 45 will be good for open carry but hard to conceal and also since it is my first maybe look cheaper yet and look at the 9 or 380. I picked up the 380 and my pinky hung off. He said here put a clip in it see how it feels. I did and it felt good. I bought it. I asked him about the stories i have heard and he opened up the box, took the gun out and looked it over and checked the barrel and all. He said do you have a range to go to. I said yes we were planning to go out to WS today. He grabbed 2 boxes of Blazzer Brass ammunition and said go have fun*** he added from strait out of the box with no cleaning. I did and put 50 rnds thru it. No hick-ups in any way. I also have a 16 guage pump for added protection at the house. Just learning to break the 380 down will take some reading,videos ,and patients. Added some pics to my album :rockwoot:
    Welcome to the Hi Point club. Some of the guys around here will ride you pretty hard for being a Hi Point owner, but it's mostly good guys just having fun.

Be careful when you take your Hi Point down, and don't do it among clutter. The first time I took mine down I had a spring jump out and I had to spend about a half our looking for it. Hi Points are a little like an AK in that they sort of like to function when they are a bit dirty. In fact the factory doesn't recommend you tear into them all that often. I mostly just clean the bore real good.

GlockRyan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    Terre Haute
    I don't care for them at all. One of my friends had one at the range one day and I put at least 25 rounds through it. They are extremely heavy and it jammed quite often.

long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    I don't care for them at all. One of my friends had one at the range one day and I put at least 25 rounds through it. They are extremely heavy and it jammed quite often.

Tell your friend I will buy it for $20 or he can adjust the feed lips and take care of the jamming.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    WOW i can't believe this thread is still going lol

Well some of you will be happy to know I bought a C9 today, and outshot my friend while he was using his $900 Kimber! Haha it was great.

I never had a single feed issue, and was surprisingly very accurate. Don't get me wrong....they are heavy, and aren't going to win a beauty pageant, but IMO they are WELL worth the money :yesway:

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    The HI-POINT has a good point, If I was to get divorce, I would buy a wheel barrow full, & tell my EX-WIFE that these are the gun's I collect & my real collection would be at my MOM'S house. Let her get half of my HI-POINT.

changelac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Feb 6, 2011
    Had one a few years ago(9MM). Had a slight feeding issue but Hi-Point took care of it quickly. Even sent an extra magazine. After that it was good to go.
    I can't remember why but I sold it. Kinda wish I had it still.
    Good luck.

chraland51

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Camby Area
    They are ugly and cheap looking, even when you add aftermarket parts to spiffy them up. I bought a 9mm carbine a year or so ago, put it in an ATI stock and added a cheap red dot site. I gave it to my son in Florida. It just did not fit my large frame. My son shoots the xs out of the targets at 25 yards a nearby indoor range. I would not give him something that was junk or might blow up on him. I would have trashed it, if I had the first inkling that something like that might happen. It just appears that they make what needs to be strong, stong and what does not need to be strong cheap to keep the price down. I keep looking at the ones in the newly designed stocks and they are still really ugly. They look better in the ATI stock. My son has shot several hundred rounds through his without any problems. His small framed wife likes to shoot it too. I suppose that when my 3 year old grandson is old enough, he will be instructed on firearms and will get to shoot it. I would not want a piece of crap in my grandson's hands. My experience with Hi Points is that they are cheap, look like crap, but work like a timex watch. I just wish that someone would make an exhange plastic sleeve for the high capacity aftermarket mags so that they fit the ATI stock.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I must be sick in the head, because I really like the way my .45 looks. I fed 150 rounds of 230 grain reload through it with no problems. It didnt care for the box of 200 grain wadcutters I had though, had a few FTF with those. I was impressed how accurate it was to shoot right out of the box and how the weight of it didn't seem to bother me at the range.

1911 mike

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2009
    3rd rock from the sun
    I have the 380 and the 45. 1800 rounds in the 45 with not "1" problem!!!! not "1" It's ugly, but it works. An yes I would carry it and stake my life on the 45. The 380 has had only about 200 rounds fired in it, and good so far with only 2 ftf's. The 380 clip had a crack in it and I called and they said keep the clip, within 4 days they sent me 2 new ones, NO CHARGE!! Pretty cool. So they are ugly, but work like a firearm should. $164 for the 45 and $119 for the 380. I'm happy with both, but of course I have 25 other 1911's stile firearms also. But as a starter, either a Rock Island 45 or the Hi-points...........

Last edited:

blazer48

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    East Coast of NC
    Hi Point Weapons

:patriot:I have a HP 9mm. Compact size is good. The only con I have is the safety will move while carrying gun so I do not keep a round chambered. I still like the gun.

dodgetech

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2010
    West Lafayett, IN
    I shot a friends 9mm hi point and im kinda thinking about buying one just for a beater gun i mean it shoots fairly decent FOR WHAT IT IS i had 100 rnds without any feed problems that day after he had put about 150 or 200 prior to my 100 rounds

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    Not knocking them , everyone I know that has one loves it , they are VERY reliable for everything I have heard ,

They are just Ugly as a mud fence .

To heavy to carry .

One good thing about them , if you cant hit anyone with it , you can beat them to death with it , they are the most top heavy gun I have ever seen ...LOL

Good luck with whatever you decide on .

Top Bottom