• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I think this thread was worth reading, because a guy named "T-DOGG" loves the way his Hi-Point looks :)

Lovin it.

T-DOGG

I'm Spicy, deal with it.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.6%
    267   1   0
    Feb 4, 2011
    New Haven
    I think this thread was worth reading, because a guy named "T-DOGG" loves the way his Hi-Point looks :)

Lovin it.
    I also own a Glock 17 gen 4. I like the way that looks too. I figured I'd add some fuel to my own fire, what the heck why not. By the way "T-DOGG" was a New Haven High School nickname and I've never been in a gang or to jail, yet. :)

JJ1977

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    NE Indy
    Personally besides being ugly guns, I have to agree with most that they are just cheaply made overall. But many are hard core lovers for Hi Points and I say to eash there is their own. So the only way to find out if you will love one you need to try one out for your self....

BigGuyinMuncie

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 24, 2011
    Muncie
    I had a hi point 9. Just keep it clean and oiled every time you go to the range and it will be just as dependable as a $500 glock. Where did you find them for $160. Maybe I need another one....

misconfig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2009
    Avon
    hipoint.jpg

When I spread the love some more, you're getting rep for this post!

stmoore

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Indy
    I have a hi-point. It is good for shooting rats after I smoke meth in my trailer.

I enjoy the low bore axis and g10 ergo grips.

edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    I have a C9 pistol, first handgun I bought. I needed something cheap and quick.

First range trip I had some issues, not with feeds etc but with aim. Once fixed, it shot as well as the P85 Ruger that was there.

Since - I have plowed ~500 rounds through her with a VERY few issues but I think that is the ammo, not sure.

Would I carry it? No, I carry a WHEEL-GUN, they don't jam Period. Would I sell it? No, its a fun gun and goes bang when I pull the trigger. It would make a great fishing gun or something like that. I still take her to the range, and shoot along with my other guns. She Works.

I also own the 995 (old). I absolutely LOVE this gun. It will shoot at 50 yards from a stand more accurately than any other gun I have. The RO thought high point were a POS, then I had him shoot it. He shot 10 rounds inside a Silver Dollar at 25 yards from a rest. Granted all rounds were 4" NE of the Bullseye, but the consistancy was there. He was a shooter. (I adjusted the sights but have never been able to shoot like that).

So, I like HiPoints, I own them and will probably buy another rifle but I would not hesitate to buy another pistol.

What will really **** some off is that you do get what you pay for and with a Hi Point, you get a pretty darn good bang for your buck.

:twocents::ingo:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    I've got the 9MM Carbine. I had some issues with the barrel being mounted incorrectly and the firearm shot so high that I couldn't get it sighted in. I sent it in and it came back sighted in dead on. Actually, I think they might have just stamped my old number on a new gun and sent it to me because the chamber body had a matte finish on the replacement, where my origial did not. But they honored their warranty without question and I really enjoy shooting it.

As for the sidearms, my brother inlaw purchased one because it was affordable and in less than 200 rounds, he sold it. Too big, too ugly, & too many misfeeds.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Good to read these reports about the Hi Point pistols. I am thinking of buying one to keep in a drawer, not worrying too much about dust and stuff.

ljadayton

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    SW Indy
    I have to admit, they're not pretty but at that kind of price, I might have to get one until I can afford something "better"

CraigMac

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Mooresville
    I have a c9, .40 & a .40 carbine... I have at least 2,000 rounds thru the c9 & it still runs like new. Heavy, but accurate. Great car guns, I will not be heartbroken if I get a under $200 gun stolen out of my car vs. a $5-600 piece.

zspeed130

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Nov 26, 2009
    Indy, South side
    Man I wish I had not found this thread:xmad: Now I am probably going to end up owning another set of pistols just cause the whole set will cost about what 1 of my other guns costs! I will give them a shot and report back!

Z

sean2999

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Westfield IN
    My uncle in texas picked up a hi point 9mm nib and while i was down there over st. patrick's day weekend we went out to his property and shot our guns and he let me shoot the hi point first and it had feeding issues. it jammed on me three times on the first mag.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    It's not unusual to have a few jams out of the box until that soft,thick paint on the feed ramp wears or troughs out. I didn't have any issues with my current C9 ( over 1 K rds) , I'm still waiting for the first jam. A used one I bought a year ago had some issues until I polished the driveway sealer off the feedramp tho'.

Top Bottom