• ...and so much more!
  • TankerScout

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I've had my CF-380 since 2003 and had one misfire and two stoppages. It's
    accurate and fun to shoot. Not easy to field strip though, you have to use tools.
    But I love it none the less.

Mayday671

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 12, 2011
    Monroeville
    My two cents

Reliability is a must if your carrying for self defense. Find a pistol that you can shoot well and accurate or at least perfect with a little practice. Make sure its comfortable in your hands and that you can afford to shoot it. Then just go shoot it alot. Don't worry about what comments others will make. My biggest pet peave are guys who can afford anything so they go out and buy a Kimber, Sig, Glock, etc and then look down on those who cant afford them. I have friends who carry and never shoot. When they do come to the range they can never get good groups. Id be nervous to make a defensive shoot in public with their skills. Just because someone owns a $1000 gun doesnt mean he can hit anything with it or that his skills in reloading and correcting malfunctions are good. I have had malfunctions with every weapon Ive ever fired, thats why the military has immediate action and remedial action drills engrained in their troops. By what you like and can afford, then shoot it alot and know where its hitting, then practice malfunction drills and practice stress shoots. Your talking about a weapon that may someday save your life. I had my Sig malfuction on me constantly a few years ago. After about 10 minutes I figured out that the Mec Gar mags I bought for range time were junk (I tried to save some bucks by buying 3 aftermarket mags for range use) Now I own 6 Sig mags. I have a buddy that swears by his Hi Point 9mm and 40 cal. I think it shoots well but in my opinion I wouldn't carry it unless that is all i could afford.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    My uncle in texas picked up a hi point 9mm nib and while i was down there over st. patrick's day weekend we went out to his property and shot our guns and he let me shoot the hi point first and it had feeding issues. it jammed on me three times on the first mag.
    *cough*limpwrist*cough*cough* :)

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Just because it only cost $160 doesn't mean it it is less reliable than a $500 gun.

It did when they first came out..... I worked at Bradis then and more were returned then kept. Magazines may have been half the problem, but an autoloader w/o a good mag is just a single shot.

And back then the Hi-Points went bang about 50% of the time.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Well, I still think I will buy the 9mm one just to keep in the desk drawer beside the bed. I'll get the thing, take it to the range and run 200 rounds thru it, clean it and just remember its in the drawer.

grassman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    N CENTRAL IN
    I think the only place I have seen these sold is at H&H Firearms in Fort Wayne. Is there anywhere else that these guns are sold?:dunno:

Big R has them at both there wabash & warsaw stores. Iv'e got a couple of hi-points handguns 9mm,40 and two 9mm carbines they all shoot well no problems with any of them. They are heavy & ugly but go boom every time you pull the trigger.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    Public Service Announcement! Public Service Announcement!

Friends don't let friends buy Hi Points!

This has been a public service announcement. Had there been an actual sale of a Hi Point weapon, you would have been instructed to seek shelter in a basement, safe structure or low lying ditch.

Now back to your regular programming...

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    Public Service Announcement! Public Service Announcement!

Friends don't let friends buy Hi Points!

This has been a public service announcement. Had there been an actual sale of a Hi Point weapon, you would have been instructed to seek shelter in a basement, safe structure or low lying ditch.

Now back to your regular programming...
    My friend bought one because he discoverd he could hit what he aimed at with my Hi Point .45, better than he could with his Smith and Wesson .38.

So I let him do it!

RobbLG

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2010
    Nobody Should ever buy a Hi Point... Nobody should ever OC...:popcorn:

That pretty much covers the 2 most passionate discussions on INGO...:ingo:

abrewer15

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Elkhart, Indiana
    To me they are just boxy and ugly. They are heavy as well. If this is a gun you are gonna throw in the truck go ahead. A friend of mine swears by it and says it's one of the best he has ever owned. I would say a majority of te haters have never owned one, are going by hearsay, or deciding based on the price. With that being said you can never go wrong with a ruger. :)

Last edited:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I had one, a 9mm, never had an issue with it. Reliable, accurate, and ugly. Bought it at the Indy 1500, NIB, for $120. Sold it at the Indy a couple of years later for the same price.

I can find just as many stories about Kimber unreliability.

Kase

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Crawfordsville
    To me they are just boxy and ugly. They are heavy as well. If this is a gun you are gonna throw in the truck go ahead. A friend of mine swears by it and says it's one of the best he has ever owned. I would say a majority of te haters have never owned one, are going by hearsay, or deciding based on the price. With that being said you can never go wrong with a ruger. :)

I went and put my Hi point C9 to the test against my dad's ruger SR9. Not a single issue with mine, and my dad's FTF 3 times :rolleyes: And it was not in its break in period any more

navarre1095

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 23, 2010
    Meth Vernon
    I've got the C9 and the carbine, never had a problem. BTW, This has been a very civil Hi Point discussion.
    As for looks...
    gun1.jpg

Last edited:

Kingpin

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Grant County
    Mine shoots where I point and goes bang everytime never a mishap in 700 rounds how can it get more reliable than that first time wife shot it hit a 6 in by 9 in steel plate 9 out of 9 times 20 yrds. I didnt buy it to look at, the cost is good and great warranty I say anyone looking for a more reasonable handgun it will do fine now all that said I love Glocks,S&W,Rugers,Sigs,and a few others and well worth the cost if you have the money a hi point is a good safe gun made in the USA

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I have the Hi-point .45acp and love it. I did have two jams the first time I fired it but it was from poor seating of the magazine (non assault clip :rolleyes:). I have put over 500 rounds through it with no jams. My 13 year old son loves shooting it since its heavy and has little recoil. Its just as accurate as my XD45. It is actually pretty ergonomic for shooting. Would I carry it? No, just because its huge, would I trust it with my life? Yes.

Top Bottom