• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VIPER5051

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    They are cheap. Decent accuracy and reliable beater guns. I have a 4yr old 9mm. Mine works great but doesnt like squared off flat nose FMJ. Also get a film of lube on it if u store it for any length mine rusted a little but i just took off the finish and spray painted it

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    I have the 9MM on my list to buy as well as the pistol. I have a couple buddies that have each and they run flawless. People love to hate Hi-points ( at least they used too ) because they are cheap and kind of ugly ( pistols ) but (I like the looks of the carbine ) in my research most of the issues with hi-point seem to be simple fixes and are no different than issues other manufactures have also. I've also found that Hi-Point seems to have one of the best warranties and customer service departments in the industry from everything I have read. Go for it.

warhawk77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    I have the hi point in 9mm and everyone that shoots it loves it. The only complaint is when you shoot the cheek plate will pinch your skin a little. I put a cloth over it and no problems just haven't gotten around to duct tape yet.

I want to get one in 45cal too just waiting for a nice deal to come along. Get one you will like it.

445supermag

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2012
    Rising Sun, IN
    I HAVE THE 9MM MODEL THAT I BOUGTH FROM A GUN SHOW. NEW IN THE BOX. IT SHOT GOOD A 50YDS. WITH OPEN SITES. WHEN I LOOK ON THE WEB SITE IT WAS POST TO HAVE A SLING & SCOPE MONT IT DID NOT HAVE. SO I CALL THE CUSTOMER SERVICE TOLD THEM THAT IT DID NOT HAVE ANY OF THOES ITEM. SO THEY SENT ME AT NO CHARGE. THE HIGH POINT PISTOL I DO NOT LIKE. TO BULKY TO USED TO MUTCH RECOILE. I COULD NOT HIT ANYTHING WITH IT. WOOD MAKE A GOOD NOISE MAKER TO SCARE SOME WIT IT.

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    With all of your favorable comments, I think I'm convinced to pick up one of these little carbines. Do you guys know if they all come with the vertical grip or is that special order? I can't tell from hi points website. What about spare clips, where can those be found and are there any hi capacity ones available?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    With all of your favorable comments, I think I'm convinced to pick up one of these little carbines. Do you guys know if they all come with the vertical grip or is that special order? I can't tell from hi points website. What about spare clips, where can those be found and are there any hi capacity ones available?

If you notice on hi points website you can buy them with different accessories such as the vertical grip. Stay with the factory mags especially in the hi capacity. They do not like aftermarket mags for some reason from what I have found. I believe any hi point dealer can order them for you.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    I have the 9mm and 40 HP carbines. The 9 has never jammed or failed once in 800rds fired. My 40 doesn't like steel cased ammo but will do fine with it if I short load the mag a rd. Feeds 100% with brass cased ammo both FMJ and JHP.
    I think the 45 would make a good HD gun as you intend.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    If you notice on hi points website you can buy them with different accessories such as the vertical grip. Stay with the factory mags especially in the hi capacity. They do not like aftermarket mags for some reason from what I have found. I believe any hi point dealer can order them for you.

Can you actually get hi capacity magazines for the carbines?

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    Can you actually get hi capacity magazines for the carbines?

15 round is the biggest I have seen.

EDIT: After looking at their website I don't see them but I do know they are available for them at least they used to be so I'm sure they still are. I would say if you called them at the number on their website they could help you with it.

Last edited:

the hobo

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    pro mag makes the 15 round mags. Work in carbine and pistols. Works very well, you might have to adjust the "ears" out ever so slightly to feed smoothly.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    15 round is the biggest I have seen.

EDIT: After looking at their website I don't see them but I do know they are available for them at least they used to be so I'm sure they still are. I would say if you called them at the number on their website they could help you with it.

I have a couple .45 carbines modify and make your own high capacity magazine its easy to do ...........for 9mm am not sure but for .45 hi-point carbines can modify .45 1911 clips......watch video.........:D

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE-mmc03g60[/ame]

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    I've been looking at these for a while now. Many good reviews, few bad just about the mags though. I have looked at the accessories out on the market for them. I want one in 9mm, if anyone here has one or knows one that does and wants to sell, pm me.

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    I've fired a couple different Hi point 9mm carbines and was thoroughly impressed...accurate,easy to shoot,and shot well,functioned 100%....if the 45 version is anywhere close,it will be a good gun

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom