• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    i have the ati on mine with a red dot,its so much more comfy to shoot well worth the 60 bucks and u dont have to put the rails on,the only thing that sucked was mounting thr rail underneath i had to drill a new hole in the rail

yea they do look like it would make it a little nicer to shoot

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    ill up load some pics,for a cheapy i have no complains except that the lock that holds the magizine broke on me twice,but high point sent me 3 extra to have on hand.but yea the ati stock makes it more manuvrable in tight spots ,and u dont have to bury ur face in the stock to aim.

ClarkJr26

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2012
    Valparaiso, Indiana
    I have the OG 995 "Monkey Gun" and I have put around 200-250 rounds through it, with 0 ftf's or fte's, It eats up whatever ammo I put through it, I have used federal and some reloads my LGS did and it has worked flawlessly, IMHO there isnt a better Pistol Cal Carbine for the price.. Plus I have read many Hipoint owners saying they have the best customer service, I have had no problems with it so I dont have any personal experience with them..
    A good forum to learn more about the Hi-point products is Hipointtalk.net I am a frequent on there...

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    For as much as all of us love to hate high-point for all thats wrong with them...i shamefully have owned one. i cant seem to kill it. its fuglier than my junior prom date, isnt picky about what you feed it (just like prom date), never fails to feed-fire-extract or eject. its the older 9mm pistol. and god is it terrible to look at. but it makes one heck of a loaner pistol..and IF it ever dies i would shamefully spend the 150 bucks again just to keep a cheap knock about pistol around. And i can only imagine that the carbines are just as kill proof. I have seen several and handled a few at ranges..i wish to hate them but they are the epitome of basic build for function. They have nothing remarkable about them other than they are what they were built for. bottom of the line pistol cal carbine. thats high points biggest selling point....cheap and functional.

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    For as much as all of us love to hate high-point for all thats wrong with them...i shamefully have owned one. i cant seem to kill it. its fuglier than my junior prom date, isnt picky about what you feed it (just like prom date), never fails to feed-fire-extract or eject. its the older 9mm pistol. and god is it terrible to look at. but it makes one heck of a loaner pistol..and IF it ever dies i would shamefully spend the 150 bucks again just to keep a cheap knock about pistol around. And i can only imagine that the carbines are just as kill proof. I have seen several and handled a few at ranges..i wish to hate them but they are the epitome of basic build for function. They have nothing remarkable about them other than they are what they were built for. bottom of the line pistol cal carbine. thats high points biggest selling point....cheap and functional.

Lucky for you if it dies all you'll have to do is send it to them and they will basically rebuild it into a new gun for free.

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    All of the reasons you have listed is why I'm buying one. I had a SKS piece of trash 20 years ago and should have stopped right then...... before I took on the gigantic task of getting all of that cosmoline off! That thing jammed, smoked form the grease I couldn't reach, and I think it had a curved barrel because I couldn't hit a barn with it!

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Well, I picked up this little carbine yesterday. Went out soon as I got home and shot it. After the first clip my wife shot it, and shot it, and shot it!he wouldn't give it back or stop grinning! That ugly thang shoots pretty darn good too! Couple things I don't like are the nose of the projectile seems to point downward when in the clip. That could pose a feeding issue at least when you first stick the magazine in. We had to mess with that a little bit. The othe thing was after inserting the clip, letting the bolt go was sorta a advenure. managed to get it but hopefully it gets better. Other than that, very pleased indeed. Think I'm going to put a laser and light with pressure switchs on it. Anyone recommend some that won't break the bank but feel at home on the carbine?

vette3667

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2009
    Well, I picked up this little carbine yesterday. Went out soon as I got home and shot it. After the first clip my wife shot it, and shot it, and shot it!he wouldn't give it back or stop grinning! That ugly thang shoots pretty darn good too! Couple things I don't like are the nose of the projectile seems to point downward when in the clip. That could pose a feeding issue at least when you first stick the magazine in. We had to mess with that a little bit. The othe thing was after inserting the clip, letting the bolt go was sorta a advenure. managed to get it but hopefully it gets better. Other than that, very pleased indeed. Think I'm going to put a laser and light with pressure switchs on it. Anyone recommend some that won't break the bank but feel at home on the carbine?

Can you clarify what the issue was with releasing the bolt? Just wouldn't come forward or something?

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    ridetoslide,

Sometimes the bolt does get a little hung up when there is a magazine inserted and the top round in the mag isn't sitting properly. If it isn't sitting properly the hold open on empty mag feature will cause the bolt to stay open. If you have that happen again, just drop the mag, rack the bolt to get it to go forward all the way, reinsert the mag, then rack it again to chamber a round. If you continue to have more than ocassional problems with it just send it back to Hi Point and they will take care of you.

Hi Point actually sells an inexpensive laser and flashlight. Both are pretty nice for the money and can be found here:

Hi-Point Firearms.net - Display Accessories

They also don't charge shipping ony any of their accessories. I wouldn't buy the compact scope from them though, you can find better for the same money elsewhere.

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Hey vette3667, I think what happened is exactly what jontz explained. As I mentioned, it seemed to stem from the fact that the bullet's nose was tipped down, not up. I took my finger after the clip was filled up, and raised the nose. That seemed to help. This is sorta hard to explain but, there is a small circular place that this little sliding apparatus on the bolts goes into to hold it open. That little round piece on the bolt that rotates has to come out of the circular part. We had to fart around with that a little and once we got the hang of it wasn't that big of deal. I think once this carbine has some more bullets fed thru it, it will loosen up some, or I'll get the hang of it better. In no way would I say these things in a negative light, just some issues that could be my fault, not HiPoints.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    cough.......:D it has magic charging powers don't even need a charging handle:lmfao: sorry had to throw this in this thread lol

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ncRf3Vx5D4g&list=UUJSduOBartV-5w5nM1ajZHA&index=1&feature=plcp[/ame]

ag563

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Delphi, Indiana
    I have the 995TS, 9mm, great gun with full lifetime warenty. If something brakes,
    they fix it for free, and all the acc. on their web site have free shipping.

Top Bottom