• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Hey jb28, i was leaning towards one too, and guess who has them on sale? Cabelas. 249 for the 9mm, 269 for the 40 and 289 for the 45. I really thought I wanted a 45 but lots of fellas here saying so many good things about the 9mm that has me torn between them. Actually my wife wanted it. Got the day off work Friday so I have till then to decide.

jontz

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    I could spit into Michigan
    I chose the 9mm for a couple of reasons. The main one was the availability and low cost of 9mm ammo. The other consideration was that a 9mm comes out of that barrel with the punch of a .357 magnum, and for self defense that is good enough for me. Another $20 cheaper is also a nice bonus.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    Hey jb28, i was leaning towards one too, and guess who has them on sale? Cabelas. 249 for the 9mm, 269 for the 40 and 289 for the 45. I really thought I wanted a 45 but lots of fellas here saying so many good things about the 9mm that has me torn between them. Actually my wife wanted it. Got the day off work Friday so I have till then to decide.

I'm torn between the many different calibers available as well. I think because of the $ factor I'm going with the 9mm version. There's and older model at Bassmasters in Seymour for $210 and a new one in .40 for $285 which I dont think I want either. Cabela's is a great place but very far from Columbus, IN.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    Go with the 9mm for pure blasting fun. Mine has eaten everything I stuff in the little 10 round magazines and puts them in a nice small group. Best shooting $100 gun I ever came across. Stick with Hi-Points magazines, the aftermarket ones by Promag are absolute crap. Mine was an older one with the Planet of the Apes stock, finally broke down and picked up an ATI stock that makes it look really sharp. I dont care for their new TS stock, I like simple myself. Put a mag holder over the buttstock for a couple of extra magazines and just use the stock sights. I might put a red dot on it some day, but so far, haven't really seen the need to. It shoots fine the way it sits.

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    Shame, shame on the OP and you guys for your positive comments about this gun. After reading the entire thread and doing a little research, I decided that I had to have one. And since Cabela's had them on sale, I thought that there was no better time than now. The gun has a nice feel, it's short barrel makes it great for HD, and I'm looking forward to getting it out to the range. Cabela's had 35 of them left if anyone else is interested.:ar15:

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Glad ya saved me one pal! Can't go till friday, and yes, I started this thread. Actually, if you remember it was my wife that liked this ugly duckling, or " coyote ugly" as I call it. I haven't heard anything negative about it yet. My wife picked it up and some reason fell in love with the way it felt to her. Seemed to point good in her words. Glad an American Company is making something price competitive and something people actually want! Oh, I think I'm gonna go with the 9mm variety too.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Go with the 9mm for pure blasting fun. Mine has eaten everything I stuff in the little 10 round magazines and puts them in a nice small group. Best shooting $100 gun I ever came across. Stick with Hi-Points magazines, the aftermarket ones by Promag are absolute crap. Mine was an older one with the Planet of the Apes stock, finally broke down and picked up an ATI stock that makes it look really sharp. I dont care for their new TS stock, I like simple myself. Put a mag holder over the buttstock for a couple of extra magazines and just use the stock sights. I might put a red dot on it some day, but so far, haven't really seen the need to. It shoots fine the way it sits.

Ill have to agree, they dont work all that great. Im thinking about getting the ATI stock for mine just to change it up a little. Im not real fond of the TS stock either.

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    Ill have to agree, they dont work all that great. Im thinking about getting the ATI stock for mine just to change it up a little. Im not real fond of the TS stock either.
    i have the ati on mine with a red dot,its so much more comfy to shoot well worth the 60 bucks and u dont have to put the rails on,the only thing that sucked was mounting thr rail underneath i had to drill a new hole in the rail

s&wluvr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    LaPorte/Michigan City area
    Glad ya saved me one pal! Can't go till friday, and yes, I started this thread. Actually, if you remember it was my wife that liked this ugly duckling, or " coyote ugly" as I call it. I haven't heard anything negative about it yet. My wife picked it up and some reason fell in love with the way it felt to her. Seemed to point good in her words. Glad an American Company is making something price competitive and something people actually want! Oh, I think I'm gonna go with the 9mm variety too.

ridetoslide, your wife was right. It has a real nice feel to it. And it's short barrel makes it easy to maneuver in smaller spaces, like the house. And at that price, I think it's a great deal for a fun plinker.

jb28

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2012
    how to post your pic

how do i upload pics on here
    I'm new here too just learned the other day. Go to usercr tab at the top, go to the left column, select pictures and albums follow the directions for an up load from your comp. to the album. Once you've made an album with your guns/pics, in another window open up your picture you want to upload, below your picture is the pic url copy this, select an advanced post on the thread, then click the yellow box with the mountain on it, paste the url to your pic then you have created an album and uploaded pic:cowbell: more cowbell...

tommyj223

Marksman
    Rating - 77.8%
    7   2   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    lowell
    I'm new here too just learned the other day. Go to usercr tab at the top, go to the left column, select pictures and albums follow the directions for an up load from your comp. to the album. Once you've made an album with your guns/pics, in another window open up your picture you want to upload, below your picture is the pic url copy this, select an advanced post on the thread, then click the yellow box with the mountain on it, paste the url to your pic then you have created an album and uploaded pic:cowbell: more cowbell...
    thanks bro,and yea a lil more cowbell

Top Bottom