Hey, Members of Martinsville Conservation Club!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    Martinsville CC

December 1st will be too early. Make sure you check the website at 12:01 AM, on January 1, 2013.

I looked at their website today and it said that they would have the information needed to join for new members on the website on Dec. 1st.
    I know in the past you couldn't apply until Jan. 1st, but I could never find an application on anything on who to contact.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I'm in (depending on the day) and would be happy to bring in an INGO guest that wanted in.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I looked at their website today and it said that they would have the information needed to join for new members on the website on Dec. 1st.
    I know in the past you couldn't apply until Jan. 1st, but I could never find an application on anything on who to contact.

To Contact Us - Martinsville Sportsman's Conservation Club

It's there. I Emailed at midnight on Jan1 and got one back a few hours later. I filled out the app and showed up at the club at 10. They told me I was in and that if I wanted to I was free to go shoot. My card came in the mail around Feb 1st or so.

Worth every penny to join. It's a fairly idiot free place to shoot.

Frankingun

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I take it that the long range is going where all the trees were cleared out to the south of the south range/parking lot?

And I do appreciate the club, been a member for several years. Now if I can only get a deer...

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I take it that the long range is going where all the trees were cleared out to the south of the south range/parking lot?

And I do appreciate the club, been a member for several years. Now if I can only get a deer...

Yes, that's it. Three times this year I've set up on the 100 yard range and the first couple shots will scare up a doe and her little one. They must like it behind the backstop.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Somebody can call the day. I have Zumba from noon until 1PM, but I'm free after that.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Hey Guys,

I haven't been around here much lately - Too much work getting in the way!

The answer to the 500 member question is that we want the members to be reasonably sure of being able to get to shoot when they come down and 500 members seems to be a good number to allow that to happen.

As for this year we plan to do the same as last year. A board member will pick up mail on the 31st and we will figure out how many open slots we have. Several Board members (if not all of us) will meet there the morning of Jan 1st with applications, rules, etc and take that number of new members. Could be as few as 0 or as many as 500 (not likely). We will be stuffing envelopes at the Nov Board Meeting and send them out AROUND the middle of Nov. If you haven't seen your renewal by the 1st of Dec PM me here. If you have moved since last year send your new address to the club website so we cab be sure to get your renewal sent to you.

I will try check in more often. Thanks to all of you guys that make the club the great place that it is.

Doug

Que.

Who do you contact about joining the club? Do they have a web site and their rules? Thanks.

Contact the secretary of the club (DougBarnes101). He's an INGO member and even posted in this thread.

The website is located here.

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Morning Guys,

Just got caught up on this thread so I will try to be of some help.

First yes where the trees have been cut is where the new range is going. We have wheeled it off and we believe we can get 300 meters and still not be too close to the property line. We hope to have the new range up and running by this time next year. (Hopefully sooner)

As for membership it will be the same as last year. We will get a count of existing members that have renewed on Dec 31, 2012 and post the number of open memberships on the website. Jan1, 2013 the Board will meet at the club and take applications from the people there for the number of open memberships.

Any questions please let me know.

Doug Barnes

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Takes a whole year to doze things out?

No it doesn't but the contractor that does our range work his main line of work is farm drainage which makes him very busy in the spring. He has to get the drainage in the fields before the farmers plant.

And I also meant with grass growing on the range and the shooting shelter erected.

Top Bottom