Hey, Members of Martinsville Conservation Club!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    So it possible I fill out the paperwork show up at 8 am and still not get accepted in?? So they take walk ins b4 absentee correct?

If I remember correctly, everyone who showed up last year got in. Because the mail doesn't arrive until the 2nd, anyone who's application was received via USPS was admitted until the positions were filled.

There were some who were not happy about the procedure last year, but to me it was more fair than the mail system. I got up and was there early, but was still the 8th or 9th car in line. I wasn't sure that I was going to make it in. Who knows what order the applications are opened when sent through USPS?

Wheezy50

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Morgan County
    I'm a member but missed this post, maybe next time. I've been a member now for about three yrs. It seems it's gained interest every yr since i joined(Not because of me, LOL). I was lucky via the USPS with my entry, but i don't think i'd take that chance now. If you really want to be sure probably best to show up early in person and get in line (if they accept entries that way this year.)

I understand the headache for someone trying to join, but i like the fact membership is capped at 500. Yeah they could probably add a few more, but I actually enjoy the solitude from time to time. Most of the time if i get up early and go around sunrise, there's nobody else there. Or maybe one or two, but never waiting and fighting for lanes. It's not huge, but it's plenty big enough for the membership number as it is.

I don't know if they still do them or not but the first year i participated in a few of the bowling pin matches. That was a first for me and was a lot of fun.

I've also seen the tree clearing and heard the rumors of a 200ish yd range in the back.:rockwoot::rockwoot:

DougBarnes101

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    Hey Guys,

I haven't been around here much lately - Too much work getting in the way!

The answer to the 500 member question is that we want the members to be reasonably sure of being able to get to shoot when they come down and 500 members seems to be a good number to allow that to happen.

As for this year we plan to do the same as last year. A board member will pick up mail on the 31st and we will figure out how many open slots we have. Several Board members (if not all of us) will meet there the morning of Jan 1st with applications, rules, etc and take that number of new members. Could be as few as 0 or as many as 500 (not likely). We will be stuffing envelopes at the Nov Board Meeting and send them out AROUND the middle of Nov. If you haven't seen your renewal by the 1st of Dec PM me here. If you have moved since last year send your new address to the club website so we cab be sure to get your renewal sent to you.

I will try check in more often. Thanks to all of you guys that make the club the great place that it is.

Doug

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    Hey Guys,

I haven't been around here much lately - Too much work getting in the way!

The answer to the 500 member question is that we want the members to be reasonably sure of being able to get to shoot when they come down and 500 members seems to be a good number to allow that to happen.

As for this year we plan to do the same as last year. A board member will pick up mail on the 31st and we will figure out how many open slots we have. Several Board members (if not all of us) will meet there the morning of Jan 1st with applications, rules, etc and take that number of new members. Could be as few as 0 or as many as 500 (not likely). We will be stuffing envelopes at the Nov Board Meeting and send them out AROUND the middle of Nov. If you haven't seen your renewal by the 1st of Dec PM me here. If you have moved since last year send your new address to the club website so we cab be sure to get your renewal sent to you.

I will try check in more often. Thanks to all of you guys that make the club the great place that it is.

Doug

Thanks for the reply, I'm renewing!

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I was down Sunday with the family. I saw all the great work on the new range. Looks like it could be a really long one! what's the final yardage going to be?

philagothon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    On the 7th step
    I was down Sunday with the family. I saw all the great work on the new range. Looks like it could be a really long one! what's the final yardage going to be?

I have been hearing 300 meters. I haven't been in a while, but I'll be up there this weekend sighting in my muzzy. Is the new range open yet? I would love to be able to confirm my 150 yard zero!

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have been hearing 300 meters. I haven't been in a while, but I'll be up there this weekend sighting in my muzzy. Is the new range open yet? I would love to be able to confirm my 150 yard zero!

That looks about right. It's a ways from being ready. Trees are down and some of the grading is done, but it's not clear. I wish I had taken a pic and gotten the Geovids out to range it.

theundeadelvis

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    $85 per year, plus a one time fee of $25 for your gate pass, and not celebrating too much on New Year's Eve so you are able to be waiting at the gate at 8:00 in the morning. At least those were the fees last year. I don't know if they are raising rates or not for 2013.

Thank! Are there other requirements? Like attending meetings, safety training, etc. (not that I mind, just curious about what to expect)?

fishbass62

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Dec 24, 2011
    Franklin
    It is a great place to shoot, but a hard place to join. I hope their instructions for a newbie are better this year then they have been in the past. It would be nice if they would list who to call or where and what date to send a request or we to specifically go to get an application for membership. I've tried to find out the last 2 years and never could figure it out. This year I have 12/1 on my calendar to check their website for instructions and see what happens.

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    It is a great place to shoot, but a hard place to join. I hope their instructions for a newbie are better this year then they have been in the past. It would be nice if they would list who to call or where and what date to send a request or we to specifically go to get an application for membership. I've tried to find out the last 2 years and never could figure it out. This year I have 12/1 on my calendar to check their website for instructions and see what happens.

Maybe we can get another Ingo day there and have some members bring in Ingo guests. Would be fun to meet more people from the board.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

December 1st will be too early. Make sure you check the website at 12:01 AM, on January 1, 2013.

Top Bottom