Hey, Members of Martinsville Conservation Club!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Missed the post, but I was at work until 11a.... My son, daughter and I went down there at about 1:30p until 3:30p. We just took the pistols and shot some steel and paper.

May use this trip as the entry to the INGO/ Bradis contest since my 9 y/o daughter was with us. She loves shooting the Ruger MK lll Hunter.

It was a costly trip though, stopped at the shop in Martinsville and put a Ruger GP100 in layaway, at $325 w/ box and papers I couldnt resist !!!

Maybe before deer season we can do an INGO meet & shoot with you guys and gals...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    What's the longest range they have? I really need someplace closer than Crosley to shoot 200 yards.

Right now, the longest is about 110 yards. There is a rumor going aroudn that they are clearing the back to add a longer range, but I have no proof that's the actual plan.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Right now, the longest is about 110 yards. There is a rumor going aroudn that they are clearing the back to add a longer range, but I have no proof that's the actual plan.

That is pretty much confirmed. I went o the back and seen it today. Trees are cleared but that's about it.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I saw Que going into Indy's for breakfast that morning....i was gonna yell at him but i was already in my car driving out. I can tell you why that place is a ghost town most of the time. People get the membership and then dont shoot and they only keep the membership because they want the option to go shoot (which they never do). I live about 15-20 min from there and have debated starting to try to get a membership there....but then again i have a place to shoot and i can get out to 400 yards at my place. I thought about maybe putting together my own meet and greet out at my place for some ingo members. May have to think on that some more

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Also a member there... saw this post late though :(

BTW: Those are some strange looking pistols you are shooting on that PISTOL RANGE! :ar15:

jkjudge

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2011
    Where can I find more information and pricing for membership at. I just live a mile south of their might as well try to find out more information about it.

Last edited:

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Also a member there... saw this post late though :(

BTW: Those are some strange looking pistols you are shooting on that PISTOL RANGE! :ar15:

The only dedicated pistol range is in the front. We were actually shooting in the rifle bays in the rear of the property. If I'm wrong, I will gladly accept correction. Maybe I read the signs and rules wrong. :dunno: Let me know what you find out.

Last edited:

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    There were only a handful of spots open this year. I was the second person there to get one on January 1 at 10am. They are doing this in person now at the range on new years' day starting at 9am, I believe. Be sure to send an Email to them before midnight and be ready to get a return one early in the am, fill out your paperwork and beat feet to the range to get a spot. There's nowhere else I would want to bring my kids for a day at the range. Good times, great people and a fine facility.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    The only dedicated pistol range is in the front. We were actually shooting in the rifle bays in the rear of the property. If I'm wrong, I will gladly accept correction. Maybe I read the signs and rules wrong. :dunno: Let me know what you find out.

The signs say Pistol Range #2 & #3, but I'm just giving you crap, I don't see any problem. Especially when you have a group like that, the rifle range isn't setup as nicely for group shooting.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side

Your correct Que, the only place not available to rifle is the pistol range next to the 100 yard range.(the first one you see as you enter the club).

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    There were only a handful of spots open this year. I was the second person there to get one on January 1 at 10am. They are doing this in person now at the range on new years' day starting at 9am, I believe. Be sure to send an Email to them before midnight and be ready to get a return one early in the am, fill out your paperwork and beat feet to the range to get a spot. There's nowhere else I would want to bring my kids for a day at the range. Good times, great people and a fine facility.

They make you join in person now?

Meister

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Greenwood
    They make you join in person now?

Don't have to but it's your best chance. Last year they had some board members there from 9-noon accepting apps. Any openings left after that are taken from the applications received. There were only 5 openings last year and they were filled by walk in's.

Hammer

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    On the lake
    Don't have to but it's your best chance. Last year they had some board members there from 9-noon accepting apps. Any openings left after that are taken from the applications received. There were only 5 openings last year and they were filled by walk in's.
    There was close to 40 openings and only 5 left after the quit taking applications that day. I know cause I was there at 7:00am. :rockwoot:

Top Bottom