Hey, Members of Martinsville Conservation Club!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I absolutely love the club! It's clean, well maintained, and has plenty of room. Kudos to the board and those members who take the time to clean up behind themselves. However, there is one thing that I don't particularly appreciate about the club. There is never anyone there when I go! :D

Some people like the solitude and it can be nice at times, but sometimes it's nice to have someone to shoot with/around. So, are there any members interested in getting together in the morning for some steel and paper attacks? If so, just post up here with "Member - IN" and let's see how many members we can gather. You can also let us know if you are willing to sponsor a guest.

Club rule #5 allows for members to bring one visitor, so we can probably increase the opportunity for fun. If you would like to go as a guest, post up with "Guest - IN" and let's see if enough members are available to cover everyone.

I have steel plates and a couple of stands that I can bring. Post what you can bring out.

Date: Tomorrow, Saturday, September 8th
    Suggested Time: 9:30 AM? (subject to change based on feedback)
    Equipment: Steel, paper targets, and stands

Attendees
    1. Que / andfc (guest)
    2. G582 / singlesix (guest)
    3. Thumper /

Last edited:

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I allowed my membership to lapse there because it was just too lonely. Too many lanes (entire ranges) to myself, and nobody to complain about my 7.62 casing hitting them.

Seriously, if I weren't attending the Libertarian shoot tomorrow, I'd be up for it.

Great idea, though!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I allowed my membership to lapse there because it was just too lonely. Too many lanes (entire ranges) to myself, and nobody to complain about my 7.62 casing hitting them.

Seriously, if I weren't attending the Libertarian shoot tomorrow, I'd be up for it.

Great idea, though!

Yeah, the lonliness can be a little frustrating, but it's the closest option to shoot center fire for someone in my area like me without land. Maybe some other time.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Initially, I was being sarcastic about being lonely. It's a great facility, and it's so nice to know that, if I travel 30 minutes, I don't have to worry about not being able to find a lane.

But yeah, it was nice when I did get the opportunity to socialize a bit.

I might try to join again next year. (I was out of state when applications were due in January.)

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Que,

I assume you are a member. If it is so underused and lonely, why is it so difficult to join? Would love to join and make use of the facilities. The time window for applications stinks.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Yeah, I always thought that they were a bit too limiting, based on how few people I saw there. Perhaps it has something to do with hunting?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I'm not really sure why the membership is limited to the current number. It took me three years to gain membershp and I doubt if I will ever allow it to lapse. Like with anything else, you take the good with the bad. I guess it's better to have plenty of room to shoot my rifles instead of having plenty of rifles with no place to shoot.

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    I've been a member there for several years and you're right it is a great place to shoot. I have never had anyone be anything but very friendly. I do see other shooters there pretty often but it is rare that there isn't an open range.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I've been a member there for several years and you're right it is a great place to shoot. I have never had anyone be anything but very friendly. I do see other shooters there pretty often but it is rare that there isn't an open range.

You care to join us in the morning?

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Cool! Come on guys, can we get one member willing to show up in the morning to get Thumper in?

G582

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 2, 2012
    Greenwood
    I can sponser him. If my other friend confirms I'll just force myself to go again later in the day with him (my wife is very understanding about range time. I think I'll keep her)

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I can sponser him. If my other friend confirms I'll just force myself to go again later in the day with him (my wife is very understanding about range time. I think I'll keep her)

That's awesome!

Top Bottom